NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
I've always liked Kobe actually. Despite his blatant obsession with Jordan (down to every freaking mannerism), one thing it has taught him is how to act with class and like a gentleman.

This is all the more apparent now.

I started liking kobe when shaq left, fwiw. I liked that he went out on his own, and i like that the lakers management got him what he needed.

I hated lebron in the playoffs, i don't like how he plays like he knows people are watching. But i would have cheered the s*** out of him here. All I want is my city to win, not the cubs, but my city. I like Drose, i love noah (hated him at florida), and i like boozer. but now, I need a mizzou player here to watch the bulls every night. I love me some kim english.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Not that there was any doubt. But MJ's GOAT status will be safe well after LePiggyback is done playing.

Enjoy that , and Da Bears, bron will be winning titles

seriously, stop living in the past

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Didnt the Heat send a bunch of white guys?

The difference was Wade/Bosh pitching Lebron.

If Rose was a little more established he probably can pull in lebron.

If youre a bulls fan and a nba fan, you just gotta believe that there are coaches out there right now trying to figure out a way to beat the Heat.

The Heat didn't need a different approach - they had Wade to do their recruiting the entire time.

What does come out of your point though is that there was just probably no way the Bulls could have landed LeBron short of locking up Wade and/or Bosh themselves.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
I've always liked Kobe actually. Despite his blatant obsession with Jordan (down to every freaking mannerism), one thing it has taught him is how to act with class and like a gentleman.

This is all the more apparent now.

Except the whole "rapist" thing

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:16 AM)
It's funny that we're going to see fans of literally every team in the NBA unite as one against the Heat. I can't believe I'm feeling for Cavs fans right now. Imagine MJ bolting at 25 to go coattail Magic and Worthy?

Seriously, and they have to wait to suck next year to get a good draft pick. At least detroit has some winning teams. f***in cleveland man. oh well, we got the bhawks and sox. Lets f*** up those leagues.

As if the NBA didn't do enough to cater to superstars, now they have to put them all on the same team.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
I'm hoping the Lakers get Phil one more ring next year. Maybe the Bulls should trade Rose to the Lakers for Fisher just out of spite....

How about you pretend you never said this and we'll call it water under the bridge

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Enjoy that , and Da Bears, bron will be winning titles

seriously, stop living in the past

I'm not. But Lebron has undoubtedly taken himself out of the discussion. He could win the next 10 rings and it won't mean s*** to anybody outside of the true 27 Heat fans there are in the country.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
You really don't think the Bulls were going to ask Michael to go out on "speaking engagements," do you?

As if the guy didn't do enough for them already?

DA, I respect what you're saying here, but they clearly misunderstood who they had to be selling this to...bringing in 4 stodgy white guys probably was not the best way to sell LeBron and his "team." I think that much is clear considering how quickly he glossed over the Bulls when asked about them.

JR has been around 25 years. Paxson, who BTW, was one of the guys the guy said actually wouldn't embarrass the org. sending him out, has played with and drafted some of these guys. Riley and Mickey Aranson and the Miami coach are 3 white guys who signed him.

I'm sure they weren't too shocked by anything that went on during their presentation.

He spoke more about the Bulls than any of the other "losing" team.

He wanted to play with his buddies and his other buddies wanted to hang and party in South Beach.

Also, i'm convinced the nba needs to do away with a max salary. It's f***ing dumb that an expiring contract is worth so much more than a player now. a cap is enough. A small amount of players make a s*** ton of revenue for the teams, make a high cap, let big salaries exist, but within a teams cap. This is too much. System is stupid.

That was something else making Wilbon show LeBron the burning of the jersey...even though LeBron slipped up a bit at that moment, you could tell he was really trying to show enormous restraint.

ESPN sort of sandbagged him there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
Also, i'm convinced the nba needs to do away with a max salary. It's f***ing dumb that an expiring contract is worth so much more than a player now. a cap is enough. A small amount of players make a s*** ton of revenue for the teams, make a high cap, let big salaries exist, but within a teams cap. This is too much. System is stupid.

Man, there was a good article a year or so ago talking about how expiring contracts are taking over the game. I'll post it if I can find it.