NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
I think we could only imagine what sort of things did not even get reported about Michael...

A friend of mine was at his basketball camp about 18 years ago, and saw him bring back a woman...that was not his wife...to the dorms at the college everyone was staying at. Four of the kids ran up to get his autograph, and he told them to get the F out of his way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
A friend of mine was at his basketball camp about 18 years ago, and saw him bring back a woman...that was not his wife...to the dorms at the college everyone was staying at. Four of the kids ran up to get his autograph, and he told them to get the F out of his way.

lol, those kids should have blackmailed him for an autograph.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm not. But Lebron has undoubtedly taken himself out of the discussion. He could win the next 10 rings and it won't mean s*** to anybody outside of the true 27 Heat fans there are in the country.

That's not true. If Bron wins 10 titles he will be regarded as the greatest player of all-time. Coming straight from HS, his numbers will likely trump Jordan. And you can bet that going to Miami will be spun as Lebron wanting to win more than anything, being unselfish.

ESPN will want the greatest player ever to be playing now, so they can cover him. You need to get ready for it happen -- and honestly Lebron might be more talented than Jordan. I happen to like Jordan more, but who knows.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:26 AM)
That's not true. If Bron wins 10 titles he will be regarded as the greatest player of all-time. Coming straight from HS, his numbers will likely trump Jordan. And you can bet that going to Miami will be spun as Lebron wanting to win more than anything, being unselfish.

ESPN will want the greatest player ever to be playing now, so they can cover him. You need to get ready for it happen -- and honestly Lebron might be more talented than Jordan. I happen to like Jordan more, but who knows.

dude, no. Jordan is the best because a lot more than stats or rings. It's the way he played the game. Few people consider emmitt smith the greatest RB ever.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)

Get the f*** outta here. Do you really believe any of the garbage you just posted?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Weird feeling, as I feel like I'll root for the Bulls even more.

Me too. I can't wait for the season to start actually. I'm also excited to see who else the Bulls are going to bring in now.

Meh, I don't see how LeBron is piggy backing..

Hes still the best player on the Heat, whats wrong with a guy wanting to win championships and signing with the team that has the looks of the best shot at that?

Dude just wants to win some rings, I can respect that

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
I think the funniest part was when Wilbon laid out how good of a fit the Bulls were and basically asked them how they are not a better fit to win now and in the future and Lebron flat out avoided directly answering it.

I think he is going to regret his decision to leave. I almost think by watching him tonight that he really isn't confident about this move but did it because his buddies Wade and Bosh really put the pressure on him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Funny thing is Lebron could win the next 10 rings but only like 5 finals MVPs. As there will be countless games/series in which he's not even the best player on his team.

They won't anywhere near that much.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Well, one thing I was right about was that the Bulls should have done Noah in the S&T, as these 3 were playing together somewhere.

They'd have had to dump Deng somewhere too, which we apparently haven't found a taker for.

Winning 10 titles wouldnt make Lebron the best player, anymore than Russel's 11 make him the best player or Sam Jones 10 rings in 11 seasons.

Being the best means that you dominated.

When you watched MJ, he dominated the game. Pippen/Grant were good players, but at no point did MJ just sit back and coast while they ran the show.

Do you think Lebron is going to be running Miami every game? Or will some days Wade be the man?

I have always thought Lebron was the man, but being the man means you dont go running to the competition.

As a Bulls fan i thought he should come to Chicago, but in my heart I felt if he truly was as great as his press clippings, hed stay in Cleveland and bring a win hime.

1 win for Cleveland would be worth a bunch of rings in Miami.