NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Still wont believe it 'til it happens. The more I read guarantees like that, the more that I feel like I'm being set up for heart break.

Yeah, I agree. It all seems a bit easy, doesn't it?

I feel almost like we are being used as a pawn here to lure in a bigger fish....

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)
Contender? More like championship favorite for the next 4 or 5 seasons (depending on whether Bosh will tempt Free Agency again in 2012). That starting lineup may be among the best in NBA history.

Why woul we only sign Bosh for 2 years if we brought him in?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
I wouldn't assume anything just yet people. We aren't even half way there yet, everything could change on July 1st.

Absolutely correct......but you need to shut your mouth mister cause this is going to happen because a part of Lebrons entourage....and myself... has said its going to happen.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
Absolutely correct......but you need to shut your mouth mister cause this is going to happen because a part of Lebrons entourage....and myself... has said its going to happen.

Why...cause World Wide Shipps said so :)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
Yeah, I agree. It all seems a bit easy, doesn't it?

I feel almost like we are being used as a pawn here to lure in a bigger fish....

Maybe but LeBron and Bosh have all the leverage in this situation and don't need to use any teams as pawns to get what they want.

If WWW really said those things...then holy ****. That makes me far less sad about Kirk (still miffed <.>

And I didn't mean the 5yr/55M contracts Deng & Ben were offered. I meant the 6yr/71M Deng contract that ultimately drove BG out of town and now Kirk.

And trust me, I have never liked Deng, even when everyone said he was going to be an All-Star.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
If WWW really said those things...then holy ****. That makes me far less sad about Kirk (still miffed <.>

And I didn't mean the 5yr/55M contracts Deng & Ben were offered. I meant the 6yr/71M Deng contract that ultimately drove BG out of town and now Kirk.

And trust me, I have never liked Deng, even when everyone said he was going to be an All-Star.

Luol Deng is better than Hinrich and it isn't particularly close. If you are going to keep one of those two and still be able to sign guys like James and Bosh you get rid of Hinrich every time.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Luol Deng is better than Hinrich and it isn't particularly close. If you are going to keep one of those two and still be able to sign guys like James and Bosh you get rid of Hinrich every time.

You are so clueless.

Deng might be more talented, but Kirk brings more depth to the team and more value in terms of production on the court, reliability, and overall game. Their value is close, but Kirk has more value, and that's why the Bulls were able to find a taker for him and not for Deng.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
You are so clueless.

Deng might be more talented, but Kirk brings more depth to the team and more value in terms of production on the court, reliability, and overall game. Their value is close, but Kirk has more value, and that's why the Bulls were able to find a taker for him and not for Deng.

On what planet does Hinrich give more production on the court than Deng? They were able to find a taker for him because he is making less money and is signed for less years. Luol Deng PER last year was 16.1 (league average is 15) Hinrich's was 11.6, TS% was .531 Hinrich's was .501, Deng has higher rebounding rates, a lower turnover percentage and a higher usage rate than Hinrich. He has also had a higher number of win shares each of the last 4 years. The only area where Hinrich trumps Deng is in assist rate.

You can look at basically any statistical analysis or just watch the Bulls play and it is clear Deng is the better player. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910CHI.HTM

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
On what planet does Hinrich give more production on the court than Deng? They were able to find a taker for him because he is making less money and is signed for less years. Luol Deng PER last year was 16.1 (league average is 15) Hinrich's was 11.6, TS% was .531 Hinrich's was .501, Deng has higher rebounding rates, a lower turnover percentage and a higher usage rate than Hinrich. He has also had a higher number of win shares each of the last 4 years. The only area where Hinrich trumps Deng is in assist rate.

You can look at basically any statistical analysis or just watch the Bulls play and it is clear Deng is the better player. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910CHI.HTM

On the planet where we have LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and 2M more cap space.

Kirk Hinrich just fits and rounds out a starting five of Rose/LeBron/Bosh/Noah better than Deng. Sure, he's no great shooter, but he takes pressure off of Rose to defend the tougher guard and thats not taking into account Hinrich's team first attitude compared to Deng's me first attitude. Plus, that $2M could go towards a 3pt shooter.

Now, that being said if I'm starting a team and have to pick either Deng or Hinrich to build around, it's Deng.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
On the planet where we have LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and 2M more cap space.

Kirk Hinrich just fits and rounds out a starting five of Rose/LeBron/Bosh/Noah better than Deng. Sure, he's no great shooter, but he takes pressure off of Rose to defend the tougher guard and thats not taking into account Hinrich's team first attitude compared to Deng's me first attitude. Plus, that $2M could go towards a 3pt shooter.

Now, that being said if I'm starting a team and have to pick either Deng or Hinrich to build around, it's Deng.

There's no way they sign Lebron and don't move Deng to fill their bench. No way.

Deng's a better player than Hinrich.

Deng's WARP over the past two years is 6.2.

Hinrich's WARP is 2.2.

Basketball metrics aren't exactly as good as the baseball ones, but that's a 4 win difference.