NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Mike Miller is the sniper they need. And all they really need from Shaq is solid defense and rebounding for about 20 minutes a night.

While he might provide some rebounds and clog the lane on defense, he will be damn near useless on the offensive end. Dude is washed up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
All bets are off after last night's debacle.

Ya I can definitely see Shaq comming back to South Beach. He loved it down there. He can also continue sleeping with woman without cheating on his ex-wife anymore.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:33 AM)
Also, of SG's possibly available for trade, Jason Richardson or Michael Redd make the most sense. Redd also has 1 yr left at 18.3 million or so.

As long as Redd is healthy, either of those two would be absolutely perfect fits.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
As long as Redd is healthy, either of those would be absolutely perfect fits.

I'd absolutely adore the addition of Michael Redd, but monetarily, it's hard to see that working out unless he's your only big addition and you fill out the roster with minimum guys. Then you'd hope to use his expiring deal next yr for a free agent, or re-sign him for a much lower price.

I've been wanting the Bulls to trade for Redd for quite some time.

Rose/Redd/Deng/Boozer/Noah is DAMN good if Boozer and Redd stay healthy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
Also, of SG's possibly available for trade, Jason Richardson or Michael Redd make the most sense. Redd also has 1 yr left at 18.3 million or so.

Also, I don't see Shaq going to Miami.

I would love to see some highlight reel DRose-Richardson alley-oops this coming season. I've been trying to find contract info on JRich, but haven't found anything so far.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
I would love to see some highlight reel DRose-Richardson alley-oops this coming season. I've been trying to find contract info on JRich, but haven't found anything so far.

One more year in Phoenix at 14.4 million.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
As long as Redd is healthy, either of those would be absolutely perfect fits.

Give me J-Rich anyday if I had to choose. Boozer and Rose are enough for guys who suck at defense (though I think Rose can and will improve). Redd is on another level of suck despite him chuckling a ton of shots and making them at a decent rate.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
I'd absolutely adore the addition of Michael Redd, but monetarily, it's hard to see that working out unless he's your only big addition and you fill out the roster with minimum guys. Then you'd hope to use his expiring deal next yr for a free agent, or re-sign him for a much lower price.

I've been wanting the Bulls to trade for Redd for quite some time.

Rose/Redd/Deng/Boozer/Noah is DAMN good if Boozer and Redd stay healthy.

Ya, I wasn't even taking into account money, which obviously is a huge a factor.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
Give me J-Rich anyday if I had to choose. Boozer and Rose are enough for guys who suck at defense (though I think Rose can and will improve). Redd is on another level of suck despite him chuckling a ton of shots and making them at a decent rate.

Like I've been saying, chances are you're not going to find a stud SG who is good on both ends of the court, so you have to make do. Thats why I liked the idea of Morrow and Brewer splitting time.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
Michael Redd makes Ben Gordon look like prime Gary Payton defensively. No thanks.

Thats an understatement. He is awful. In fact.. Thibs wanted an unselfish team. Deng has his selfish issues, but Redd wants his shots... and will get his.

Okay, so it looks like JRich has one year left on his deal at $14.4 million. Trading for him, unless we are unloading Deng in the process would severely limit our flexibility this off season.

Damn, SoxFan1 beat me to it.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
Like I've been saying, chances are you're not going to find a stud SG who is good on both ends of the court, so you have to make do. Thats why I liked the idea of Morrow and Brewer splitting time.

Richardson is as close as it gets. Decent offensively, adequate defensively. Also a willing passer and is a much more consistant 3 point shooter.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)

Pretty much. You're not going to find the perfect player at this point, you have to figure out the best part for this situation.

I actually like the idea of Jason Richardson, and I'd embrace it. 1 year left and relatively affordable especially with the cap room we have. Good outside shooter, athletic, adequate defensively. And it still leaves you with some money to add Asik and maybe another backup guard.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:44 AM)
Richardson is as close as it gets. Decent offensively, adequate defensively. Also a willing passer and is a much more consistant 3 point shooter.

Bulls definitely have some room to be a contender still, they should be sending out feelers on how Carmelo's future looks because if he comes than our team is every bit as talented as the Heat. Id definitely be down for JRich too as Phoenix cant have much hope and a cheap owner that would prob be willing to unload contracts.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:48 AM)
Ever since fathom mentioned Morrow, I've been intrigued by him. He seems like he would be a good fit with Rose. Rose penetrates, kicks it out to Morrow for a three.

He hit like 48% of his 3's last year. But if you're going to talk about people who do nothing but jack up shots........

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:48 AM)
I actually like the idea of Jason Richardson, and I'd embrace it. 1 year left and relatively affordable especially with the cap room we have. Good outside shooter, athletic, adequate defensively. And it still leaves you with some money to add Asik and maybe another backup guard.

How will bringing over Asik work? I know we own his rights, but how exactly would his contract be set up?