NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Can Korver even play at the 2? I thought he was more of a 3 guy.

He'll get eaten up defensively though.

I believe he can play the 2, but you're right that he certainly can't defend. I'd guess another signing is coming to address that.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
If he leaves Denver, I'd be shocked if he didn't join the Knicks.

Yep, and I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up there somehow. All word from Broussard (who turned out to be pretty accurate with his reporting at the end of the day) is he wants to go to New York.

We still have another move. Even JR admitted the Bulls have to get a shoot guard. I wonder if they'll pull of a Jason Richardson or something to that degree. Or are we going to go a Raja Bell? If we could get a quality 2 guard we could be a lot better than everyone thinks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
You think Dan Gilbert wouldn't do that right now?

I have no idea but you didnt ask what I thought he would do you asked what I would do. If youre gonna be that cynical with all your players you will end up digging your own grave anyway. The Olympics can be a once in a life time opportunity and can be some players only chance to be a champion, you cant take that away from someone because LeBron James knows he cant win a championship being the man.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
We still have another move. Even JR admitted the Bulls have to get a shoot guard. I wonder if they'll pull of a Jason Richardson or something to that degree. Or are we going to go a Raja Bell? If we could get a quality 2 guard we could be a lot better than everyone thinks.

Raja Bell would probably fit within their budget and cover their defensive needs.

That's probably a top 4 team in the East, top 2 if Thibodeau can turn these guys into a defensive stalwart, just not a title contender.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
I have no idea but you didnt ask what I thought he would do you asked what I would do. If youre gonna be that cynical with all your players you will end up digging your own grave anyway. The Olympics can be a once in a life time opportunity and can be some players only chance to be a champion, you cant take that away from someone because LeBron James knows he cant win a championship being the man.

I just have to wonder how you'd react if 3 years from now it came out that Derrick Rose agreed he was going to do whatever it took to become an UFA in order to sign with the Thunder and team up with Durant to challenge the Heat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
A lot of word out there that Raja Bell will end up with the Heat.

I've heard the same thing. And Kwame Brown is another guy they're talking to. He'd be an awesome fit next to Bosh. I don't care what anybody says. It's curtains for everybody next year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I guess one of the real gm people said the Bulls offered Taj and Deng for Iguodala? Take it FWIW, I don't even read those boards and only heard of that through a friend.

Was this rejected? That's exactly the move I wanted...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
All I was told is somebody posted on the boards over there that such a trade has been offered. No idea beyond that, unfortunately.

I'd be elated. I love AI2's game.

I didn't see anyone having posted this.

A few welcoming shots at LeBron James is heating up the usually tame Sunshine State rivalry.

Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith said Friday he was surprised James went to Miami because he thought the two-time MVP was "more of a competitor."

He said the "great ones" do it on their own and "usually stay in one location."

Asked if James' move to Miami will cause a power shift in the NBA, Smith responded, "Is Kobe retiring?"

"He's proven he can do it on his own," Smith said of Lakers star Kobe Bryant, smiling over the comments. "Oops. My bad."

Smith also said the Magic "still hold the crown" as the best in the Southeast Division, having won three straight titles. He added the Heat will be tough to beat, but are not unguardable.

"Unless they got three balls, you still guard them the same," Smith said. "They'll figure it out I'm sure. Somebody's going to end up with seven shots. Are they going to be OK with that? Somebody's got to be Robin. Are they OK with that? Those are the things they have to work out."

Yeah, there's no way the other execs in the league aren't furious with how this went.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
I'd be elated. I love AI2's game.

So, I gotta ask. Per minute, Deng averages more points, more rebounds, fewer personal fouls, shoots just about as well from the field and slightly better from the line, etc. Iguodala gets several more assists per game, I will note that.

Aside from the fact that Deng can't stay on the court, what is it about Iguodala's game that you like so much? His numbers are basically slightly below Deng except for the assists.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Kobe doesn't do it on his own and id expect a NBA exec to know better.

Kobe didnt leave LA a few years back to piggyback another star. There is a difference.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
Have a source or link? (Not that I don't believe you, it was expected that would happen).

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_korver_100709.html

I love Asik, based on what I have read. I think he will give us great depth off the bench. It will nice to have terrific depth in the front court. Now we just need that starting SG that can score a ton (Morrow please!!, but I would take Brewer). I love the Korver signing, but he is not a starter. No D whatsoever, at least Morrow can become a better defender with his length and athleticism.