NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
If he could get a couple draft picks out of this I wouldn't blame him at all.

On a different subject, I'm not sure what Michael Symon does better after tonight...cooking, or calling in from Vegas to a Cleveland sportstation to rant about Lebron.

Not to mention dumping as much salary and obligation as possible on to Miami

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
Not to mention dumping as much salary and obligation as possible on to Miami

OTOH, he'd be giving more money to LBJ again. And he's done so many crazy things to help Lebron build his brand (one radio example today was the Cavs wearing a set of jerseys in the playoffs this year that drew a fine because Lebron's team wanted to wear a certain color of shoes for marketing purposes).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
The concept that this team would struggle to fill the role player spots was silly.

I think the argument was GOOD role players. I don't think any of those guys are GOOD. Miller on the other hand would be a good get if he's willing to take a lot less money.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 03:00 AM)
WojYahooNBA GState's Anthony Morrow has agreed to a 3-year offer sheet worth approximately $12 million with New Jersey, a league source tells Y!

Way to go AMo! Wish Bulls had gone after him instead of Korver, but oh well

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
i just saw the intro of the miami thrice and they all look like jackasses

i just watched that too. Keep slapping Cleveland fans in the face Lebron.... geez. I can't believe he didn't at least give a shout out or something. Obviously he's there to celebrate with Heat fans, but come on. 3/4 of the country is ripping you a new one and you keep saying crap like "it feels right." Not an ounce of remorse.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
i just watched that too. Keep slapping Cleveland fans in the face Lebron.... geez. I can't believe he didn't at least give a shout out or something. Obviously he's there to celebrate with Heat fans, but come on. 3/4 of the country is ripping you a new one and you keep saying crap like "it feels right." Not an ounce of remorse.

And yet people are still watching it...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
And yet people are still watching it...

It's fun to watch a train wreck.

Faster decline in status in the last year? Tiger or Lebron? I'm going with Lebron. He's gone from a very likable guy that a lot of people rooted for to one of the biggest villains in sports.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
the bulls need to tape this and show it to the team when we meet up with them in the playoffs.....use it as bulletin board material

Now if only we could pull a Space Jam and somehow steal the talents of LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Then we'd really be in business.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
I think the argument was GOOD role players. I don't think any of those guys are GOOD. Miller on the other hand would be a good get if he's willing to take a lot less money.

Fisher and Bell are good players. Richardson is damn solid for the 8th or 9th guy in a rotation.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
But it looks A LOT less like garbage when pairing them with those three. I in particular think Bell and Kwame would be outstanding signings.

Agreed on Bell. No on Kwame, though I guess they could use a "big body" regardless if his hands are too small to catch a ball in the post or rebound, poor defender and whose basketball I.Q. makes Drew Gooden wanna blush. I would love the Q-Rich re-sign for them if true. He has a tendency to kick our ass cause of the ties.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
So, I gotta ask. Per minute, Deng averages more points, more rebounds, fewer personal fouls, shoots just about as well from the field and slightly better from the line, etc. Iguodala gets several more assists per game, I will note that.

Aside from the fact that Deng can't stay on the court, what is it about Iguodala's game that you like so much? His numbers are basically slightly below Deng except for the assists.

AI2 is more aggressive, finds his way to the line more often, and is more dynamic from three point range (come on, he at least can hit 1.5 per game) and nowhere near afraid to kick some ass and take some names. It's watching him play that is the impressive part.

He's also quick as hell, better at handling the ball, sets his teammates up extraordinary well, plays the shooting guard position primarilyl, and is a much better defender and steals the s*** out of the ball.

He's twice the player of Deng.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
AI2 can take over a game, he's more aggressive, finds his way to the line much more often, and is more dynamic from three point range and nowhere near aftraid to kick some ass and take some names. It's watching him play that is the impressive part.

He's also quick as hell, better at handling the ball, sets his teammates up extraordinary well, plays the shooting guard position primary and does so well, and is a much better defender and steals the s*** out of the ball.

He's twice the player of Deng.

Iguodala is better than Deng but he is an awful 3 pt shooter. Just because he takes more doesn't mean he should take more 3s.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Agreed on Bell. No on Kwame, though I guess they could use a "big body" regardless if his hands are too small to catch a ball in the post or rebound, poor defender and whose basketball I.Q. makes Drew Gooden wanna blush. I would love the Q-Rich re-sign for them if true. He has a tendency to kick our ass cause of the ties.

Totally disagree on Kwame. He's strong as f*** and an athletic freak. Post defense has always been his one legitimate strength. And I see no reason why he can't grab 6-7 RPG for 20-24 minutes a night. They don't need a thing from him on offense. We've seen what's happened with Kendrick Perkins once teamed with KG. I think you would see something very similar with Kwame and Bosh.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Totally disagree on Kwame. He's strong as f*** and an athletic freak. Post defense has always been his one legitimate strength. And I see no reason why he can't grab 6-7 RPG for 20-24 minutes a night. They don't need a thing from him on offense.

Ya good point. I always hated his game so I did ignore his stats, and surprisingly for a guy with little hands he is a solid rebounder due to his size.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Bulls dropped an offer sheet on Redick.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
3 years, 18 million

O snap! But damn Thibs is gonna have some work to do if Reddick is signed. (though I think Orlando will match)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
O snap! But damn Thibs is gonna have some work to do if Reddick is signed. (though I think Orlando will match)

Bulls loaded the offer sheet with upfront money. Might be hard for Orlando to match.