NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Bulls loaded the offer sheet with upfront money. Might be hard for Orlando to match.

Very nice then. :)

Though I see on realgm it's 20 mil not 18. Man NJ is gonna get Morrow for alot less, but more efficient. Though there are things J.J. does better as well so in some ways (had the highest True Shooting % of any SG) so it's moot. Our FT shooting might be one of the best in the league adding Korver and Redick. i do like him comming off of Stan's system when he was in the dog house for not defending (got better at it) so I'm sure he'll improve some.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
Redick really going to be starting at the 2? I didn't mind the Korver signing, but having both of those guys doesn't interest me.

I would much prefer Brewer as well but he did get better at defending last season.

J.J. is like an inch taller (maybe add half with it), worse defender, better shooting version of Kirk Hinrich. Rose might be averaging 10 assist a game at this rate.

In 22 minutes he averaged about 10-2-2. I was sick of seeing Deng, Hinrich, even Rose miss critical free throws down the stretch in games, so these signings eases the mind. Top 5 team in FT shooting for sure IMO.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
I still like what the Bulls have done. Assuming the sign Brewer, and maybe add Livingston like talked about, they have assembled a solid squad. Nothing flashy, but a team that can give teams fits every night.

Rose/Livingston

Brewer/Korver

Deng/J. Johnson

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Asik

No it wasn't ideal, but the Bulls are a better team than when the season ended.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
FT shooting won't improve too much, as Redick/Korver don't get to the line often. Boozer's pretty solid though, nearly 75%.

It's reasonable to hope/think Rose will get to the line more often. It's an underdeveloped part of his games and hopefully a good coach can help him with it, and also he really should get more calls than he does as it is....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
But now you have 4 really bad defensive players in your main core with Rose/Redick/Korver/Boozer

Yeah...I'd be much happier with Morrow as he at least has the potential to play average defense. The Bulls screwed up by not signing him if $4 per is all it will take. Again, you can hope Rose becomes a decent defender with a good coach. Redick's defensive numbers are actually better than I would have thought, but he wasn't playing against starters. And I'd rather have a 2 guard that can handle and guard the wing like Brewer or maybe Childress. Derrick doesn't take care of the ball well enough to be the only guy that can handle on the floor.

Honestly, what the Bulls really need is for Deng to become a proficient 3pt shooter. He's much better than he used to be, so maybe it's possible....

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Korver and Redick on the same team? End my life.

The great white hopes! Though I still think we get a defending 2 guard to start. If Redick is on the bench, that is fine with me unless Thibs and the Bulls management think he can continue to improve on defense to start. Bulls are not done. Still need a backup PG as well. I wonder if the Bulls would trade James Johnson, though I still think Orlando matches. Korver can't be the only sniper, so getting Redick really helps.

Edited by SoxAce

I just got back from being out this evening, and I'm completely shocked that big boy Dan Gilbert would talk all that s***, then go ahead and S&T LeBron so he gets his money.

What a douche that Dan Gilbert is... I guess the first rounders are nice though, and you really can't argue with that. It's just one final time he gives LeBron exactly what he wants.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
Wow, I see the Heat held their NBA Championship ceremony today.

OMG, and I thought last night was bad. Maybe the three of them will bump knees while they butt f*** each other the next couple of months and be out for the year.

Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
I think this team has spent enough time praying for future FA coups.

Korver and Redick on the same team? End my life.

Paxson should get canned. Morrow is twice the player either of those guys are and cost half the money Redick might. Seriously, $7M next season for JJ? I can't understand the Bulls management.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)
OMG, and I thought last night was bad. Maybe the three of them will bump knees while they butt f*** each other the next couple of months and be out for the year.

Unbelievable.

Dellonte West had sex with LeBron's mom. Awesome.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Needs: 3pt shooters and Low Post Scoring

I like it, still have money left. Melo 2011

Um, no. They just pissed away $12 mil on two guys that do nothing but shoot 3's. They're right around $50 mil in salary, not nearly enough for Melo.

Wait wait wait.

Why the f*** on God's green Earth are we offering Redick twice as much as Anthony Morrow costs? A f***ing kindergartner can see that Morrow is twice as gifted and better at the one thing the man with the "perfect shot" does best.

Orlando is probably going to match the offer. I believe DBAH0 said they (Magic management) would match any offer for Redick unless it was a serious overpayment (though you can debate this is an overpayment.. :lol:). If they do.. Bulls should look into getting Pietrus since Magic would be f***ed in cap space.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
But now you have 4 really bad defensive players in your main core with Rose/Redick/Korver/Boozer

That's exactly why you have Thibodeau.

IIRC, Pierce, Allen & Rondo weren't defensive studs either.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
That's exactly why you have Thibodeau.

IIRC, Pierce, Allen & Rondo weren't defensive studs either.

I believe the defensive intensity of the Celtics can be greater attributed to the tenacity of Kevin Garnett.