NBA Offseason Thread

That Deng to Orlando trade would look better and better on this end even with the 300K more we'd be taking in. Pietrus is the taller defensive minded fit we would like who can play the 2 and 3 either start (if you have LeBron and Bosh, definitely) or come off the bench and can make the 3 (though he gets alittle too 3 happy at times which I don't like and should be driving the ball more with his athleticism) and Gortat could play Center and slide Noah to 4 if it came to that or play center off the bench and still sliding Noah to 4 when Bosh needs a rest still creating match-up problems and clogging the rebounding lanes. Would be an excellent deal for both sides if Deng stays healthy for the Magic and slides the aging Lewis to the 4 opening up 3s and playing the "Murphy/Garrity" type role for them.

Lewis already plays the 4, and there's people who think he needs to go back to the 3 and Bass needs to start at 4.

After drafting Orton at 29, I'd love to get a Deng for Pietrus and Gortat deal, would give us a good scoring option and rebounder.

But there's big rumors we're going to deal VC for Hinrich, Al Thornton and Randy Foye which is intriguing to say the least.

I still have pipedreams of a CP3 for Nelson, VC + something deal though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:32 AM)
That Deng to Orlando trade would look better and better on this end even with the 300K more we'd be taking in. Pietrus is the taller defensive minded fit we would like who can play the 2 and 3 either start (if you have LeBron and Bosh, definitely) or come off the bench and can make the 3 (though he gets alittle too 3 happy at times which I don't like and should be driving the ball more with his athleticism) and Gortat could play Center and slide Noah to 4 if it came to that or play center off the bench and still sliding Noah to 4 when Bosh needs a rest still creating match-up problems and clogging the rebounding lanes. Would be an excellent deal for both sides if Deng stays healthy for the Magic and slides the aging Lewis to the 4 opening up 3s and playing the "Murphy/Garrity" type role for them.

I'd love to get Pietrus.

Just Side Note: Bulls signed Gonzaga guard Matt Bouldin, bringing the summer league roster too:

Joe Alexander

James Johnson

Rob Kurz

Matt Bouldin

Omer Asik (probably)

Already love this guy (from his twitter)

Making the NBA less ghetto one step at a time.
Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
I'd love to get Pietrus.

I'd say if Bulls fans on here got annoyed at John Salmons for the 1st half of this season, they'd probably develop the same sort of feeling for Pietrus FWIW.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
http://www.examiner.com/x-490-Chicago-Bull...ms-on-his-terms

LeBron will have his own little summit, where the Bulls, Heat, Clippers, Cavs, Nets, and Knicks will present to him.

I am genuinely afraid his act will get old if he comes here. He can only become more and more of a diva than he is now if he wins a few titles. I'm torn, the player versus the person.

I would prefer he would show us he is a winner than showing us he wants to be treated like a seventeen year old girl on prom night (I know the what would I do response, I would not even mess with all this, collude with Bosh and Wade and go be the best player on the best team).

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
I am genuinely afraid his act will get old if he comes here. He can only become more and more of a diva than he is now if he wins a few titles. I'm torn, the player versus the person.

I would prefer he would show us he is a winner than showing us he wants to be treated like a seventeen year old girl on prom night (I know the what would I do response, I would not even mess with all this, collude with Bosh and Wade and go be the best player on the best team).

LeBron has already taken a garbage supporting cast to an NBA finals single handed. The guy can win and has won, if he had Kobe's supporting cast he would have won at least the last two titles easily.

Not one post on how mature Lebron is for staying in Akron and not going on some huge tour. But there'd be a ton about how much of an ego he has if he turned this into a country wide tour. I don't think that the location is as much of a deal for Lebron. South Beach is great, but Lebron could live anywhere in the world right now and he chooses to live in Akron. Which I guess is more of an edge for staying in Cleveland, but at least it's not all about the beach and warm weather for Lebron.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Not one post on how mature Lebron is for staying in Akron and not going on some huge tour. But there'd be a ton about how much of an ego he has if he turned this into a country wide tour. I don't think that the location is as much of a deal for Lebron. South Beach is great, but Lebron could live anywhere in the world right now and he chooses to live in Akron. Which I guess is more of an edge for staying in Cleveland, but at least it's not all about the beach and warm weather for Lebron.

I'll give him some props on that, I wasn't looking forwards to him touring the country for 3 weeks, and so a "Summit" is an improvement.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Just Side Note: Bulls signed Gonzaga guard Matt Bouldin, bringing the summer league roster too:

Joe Alexander

James Johnson

Rob Kurz

Matt Bouldin

Omer Asik (probably)

Already love this guy (from his twitter)

I am very much looking forward to Asik. Will probably take over for Miller on the roster and he could be a very good bench guy. Athletic, big and plays D.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I am very much looking forward to Asik. Will probably take over for Miller on the roster and he could be a very good bench guy. Athletic, big and plays D.

It's entirely possible Miller could be resigned as well.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)

I too am excited about Asik.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
It's entirely possible Miller could be resigned as well.

If Deng gets traded, I think Brad is resigned.

It's either here or Houston for him, and he would get just enough playing time to keep his knees intact, where he could very well be the starter if Yao goes down again.

Plus, I'd like to see Miller teach Asik an offensive game, as Noah & Taj were quoted last year about how valuable a teacher Brad was for things like a catch & shoot.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)

So everyone gets to call on him... Meh.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
It's either here or Houston for him, and he would get just enough playing time to keep his knees intact, where he could very well be the starter if Yao goes down again.

Yao may not come back for a few months. Scola would be taking the lion's share of the minutes if he re-signs.

I don't really get World Wide Wes's angle on his quotes. What's in it for him? If he's telling the truth, and LeBron and Bosh come to Chicago, then everybody's like "oh, WWW is in the know!" But people already think that so I don't know why he'd risk his reputation. If he's lying then his credibility is completely shot to s***.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
I don't really get World Wide Wes's angle on his quotes. What's in it for him? If he's telling the truth, and LeBron and Bosh come to Chicago, then everybody's like "oh, WWW is in the know!" But people already think that so I don't know why he'd risk his reputation. If he's lying then his credibility is completely shot to s***.

You kinda answered it yourself...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
I did? I was trying to say he doesn't really have anything to gain by saying that

He probably doesn't say it if he isn't pretty darn sure that it's happening.

And he has a reputation already, but don't you think it'll grow to redunkulous proportions by calling the biggest free agency move in NBA history?

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 12:57 AM)

And he has a reputation already, but don't you think it'll grow to redunkulous proportions by calling the biggest free agency move in NBA history?

I guess you have a point. I'm just saying I thought his reputation was pretty solid already

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)

And on the other side of the coin, he has no reputation if its wrong, especially now that he is in the public eye now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
Trade Deng, sign Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Works for me.

Who's going to take Deng's contract and allow for the Bulls to have enough cap savings to target 3 max FA's which is exactly what Miami is doing?