NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
WojYahooNBA GState's Anthony Morrow has agreed to a 3-year offer sheet worth approximately $12 million with New Jersey, a league source tells Y!

Are you freaking serious? And we offered $20 million to Kirk Hinrich Jr.?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
IF this is true, I'll pray from here on out that LeBron somehow meets a very violent (and torturous) death. No joke here. Go ahead and suspend me if you want. I've never hated an athlete like I hate this motherf***er.

It's not, none of these guys wanted to come here. Simple as that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 04:39 AM)
We just signed Ashton Kutcher. We don't need another slow, unathletic, defensive liability.

Translation: No more white folks on the Bulls please! :lolhitting

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)

he accepted that deal before the Bulls offered 20 mil to Reddick.....and the Bulls do have to overpay with the Magic coming out saying they'll match any offer put out there to J.J. if they want him bad enough....i like this signing but i wish we would have taken our $$ and used to it get a real starting SG in a trade...

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
he accepted that deal before the Bulls offered 20 mil to Reddick.....and the Bulls do have to overpay with the Magic coming out saying they'll match any offer put out there to J.J. if they want him bad enough....i like this signing but i wish we would have taken our $$ and used to it get a real starting SG in a trade...

The Warriors would still have to match. He's restricted. Did they even offer Morrow anything?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
looks like the big 3 douchebags will each take less money next season.

all three will get 6 year deals via sign and trade, bosh and lebron will get $14.5 mil while wade takes $14 mil. Their combined salary with Chalmers is around $44 mil, leaving $14 mil to work with.

With addition of Miller, possibly Haslem, Raja Bell, Fisher, and Ilgauskus, looks like they won't have to field a team with scrubs or minimum contract as thought.

well, Wade isnt S+T

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
They traded some first and second round picks as far out as 2015. I did not know that was even allowed.

Riley is gaming the system because he has 3 stars that wanted to play together. Its f***ed up, but I guess if we all had the same thing happening on our side we would be elated.

Just think, the Bulls were 1 pick from Wade and Riley f***ed us over then too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
Riley is gaming the system because he has 3 stars that wanted to play together. Its f***ed up, but I guess if we all had the same thing happening on our side we would be elated.

Just think, the Bulls were 1 pick from Wade and Riley f***ed us over then too

I was devastated that day...I'm not sure if this has ever really been corroborated, but from what I understand, the Heat were going to take Petrius or something and then Riley, the morning of the draft, happened to see some highlights of Wade while he (Riley) was running on the treadmill, and changed his mind.

The most hated team in recent sports history becomes just a little more hated.

League sources have told the New York Daily News that Pat Riley will at some point replace Erik Spoelstra as head coach of the Heat.

"Pat won't come back for just Wade and Bosh, because that's not a sure thing in Pat's mind," said one Eastern Conference coach before Miami officially landed LeBron James.

"But with LeBron and those two, that's a sure thing for Pat. He will come back if they get LeBron."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives.../#ixzz0tIHryCug

What a f***ing shock.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
The most hated team in recent sports history becomes just a little more hated.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives.../#ixzz0tIHryCug

What a f***ing shock.

An opposing head coach said Riley is going to come back to coaching and we should believe it? Even the Heat were selling LeBron, Wade, and Bosh on the fact that Spoelstra would be their head coach and they were fine with it. Riley will step in if he feels Spoelstra is in over his head(which he might be).

Gee I wonder who that head coach was? :bang

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
An opposing head coach said Riley is going to come back to coaching and we should believe it? Even the Heat were selling LeBron, Wade, and Bosh on the fact that Spoelstra would be their head coach and they were fine with it. Riley will step in if he feels Spoelstra is in over his head(which he might be).

C'mon, Palehose. Riley's pulled this crap before. He won't coach a team unless he feels they're a legitimate championship contender. What he did to Stan Van Gundy still wreaks. I'm not saying this is a sure thing. But it won't surprise anybody.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
C'mon, Palehose. Riley's pulled this crap before. He won't coach a team unless he feels they're a legitimate championship contender. What he did to Stan Van Gundy still wreaks. I'm not saying this is a sure thing. But it won't surprise anybody.

I wouldn't be surprised by it, but the fact that Stan Van Gundy is telling RealGM or whatever site about it is hilarious. He already took bitter beer face shots at LeBron, so now it was Riley's turn again I guess. Stan has been taking this stance ever since Spoelstra was named coach, but now RealGM is posting it like a fact.

We all realize Pat Riley wants as much attention and rings as possible, but it's not something new, or it shouldn't be at least. It's a giant douchebag thing to do from Riley, but if you are one of the best coaches of all time and happen to be part owner and GM, it's almost logical.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
I think he was talking about mediocre white players, not the good ones.

So he wants more mediocre black players? That makes sense. Call MJ maybe we can trade for Tyrus Thomas and his horrible contract.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
So he wants more mediocre black players? That makes sense. Call MJ maybe we can trade for Tyrus Thomas and his horrible contract.

Just to be straight forward here, I would rather have Morrow than Redick, not because Morrow's black, but because he's just better...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)

You do realize that really the only thing similiar about Kirk and Redick is that their both white, right? JJ isn't nearly the defender that Kirk is and Kirk isn't nearly the shooter that JJ is. And the Bulls need shooters.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
You do realize that really the only thing similiar about Kirk and Redick is that their both white, right? JJ isn't nearly the defender that Kirk is and Kirk isn't nearly the shooter that JJ is. And the Bulls need shooters.

That's why I said Kirk Hinrich Jr. And Kirk isn't that much worse at shooting 3s.

Edited by chw42

I don't like defending him, but Redick has turned himself into a Ray Allen type hustle defender. He's constantly chasing his man around the screens and sticking with him. He's not a liability on defense, he's average now. He will get beat by quicker 2G's, but so will many.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
I don't like defending him, but Redick has turned himself into a Ray Allen type hustle defender. He's constantly chasing his man around the screens and sticking with him. He's not a liability on defense, he's average now. He will get beat by quicker 2G's, but so will many.

good point

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
That does sound racist. You wouldn't take Dirk on your team?

That doesn't count, hes not really white

this is a torii hunter joke btw before anyone gets there underwear bunched

Edited by T R U