NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 06:18 AM)
Who's going to take Deng's contract and allow for the Bulls to have enough cap savings to target 3 max FA's which is exactly what Miami is doing?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...,0,520664.story

TIFWIW

Even team President Pat Riley has shot down talks of re-signing Dwyane Wade and two other maximum free agents. And few see James wanting to play with Wade despite the former comfortably ceding to the latter in Beijing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)

Meh that's a Chicago Tribune story so I don't take much stock in that.

That's what Miami is going for basically, whether it happens we'll wait and see.

But James, Wade and Bosh all playing together is still a possibility.

Even if they don't get James, they could get Rudy Gay and have this sort of lineup;

PG - Chalmers

SG - Wade

SF - Gay

PF - Bosh

C - Haslem?

That's still pretty good to say the least.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 11:24 AM)
Meh that's a Chicago Tribune story so I don't take much stock in that.

That's what Miami is going for basically, whether it happens we'll wait and see.

But James, Wade and Bosh all playing together is still a possibility.

Even if they don't get James, they could get Rudy Gay and have this sort of lineup;

PG - Chalmers

SG - Wade

SF - Gay

PF - Bosh

C - Haslem?

That's still pretty good to say the least.

I keep hearing Amare to Heat, but still Chalmers, Wade Gay, Amare, and Haslem is pretty sick lineup.... would be pretty awesome matchup with Rose, ???, Lebron, Bosh, and Noah.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
How many guys are there are actually going to get max contracts? 6?

I can name 3, maybe 4-5 people who deserve one. Problem is...I worry that teams will start overpaying once they miss out on the top 3. Lebron, Wade, Bosh guaranteed, Amare, Lee, Johnson, Nowitzki, Boozer

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
I can name 3, maybe 4-5 people who deserve one. Problem is...I worry that teams will start overpaying once they miss out on the top 3. Lebron, Wade, Bosh guaranteed, Amare, Lee, Johnson, Nowitzki, Boozer

LeBron

Wade

Bosh

Amare

Dirk

Ming if he opts out

Lee, Johnson, and Boozer won't get maxed out. Of the 3, Boozer has the best chance though.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Lee, Johnson, and Boozer won't get maxed out. Of the 3, Boozer has the best chance though.

Forgot Yao. But really, if the Knicks and the Heat are sitting there still each with a Max contract to offer and Boozer or Johnson or Lee are the only one sitting there left unsigned, you don't think the team that gives up and offers a max deal will win?

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Someone's really going to give Yao a max contract? Phil Jackson could play more games in a season than him.

And even if Yao plays fewer minutes than Phil, he'll make your team one of the most marketable in the NBA and make your jerseys the most popular ones in the world.

An NBA executive says the Chicago Bulls have emerged as a favorite in the free agency sweepstakes for LeBron James, along with Chris Bosh, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

The executive said he had gleaned from his discussions with other league executives that James is leaning toward joining the Bulls, along with Bosh, his teammate on the United States' gold medal-winning 2008 Olympic team. The Times reported the executive did not want to be named because he was discussing a player who was not yet a free agent.

"I think it's a done deal," the executive, said according to the report.

Link

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
This is almost cruel.

I'm actually having trouble sleeping because of this. I promised myself a few weeks ago I would hope for the best but ultimately expect the worse. But all the pro-Bulls articles, quotes, ect is making that pretty impossible. I've been over at realgm quite a bit the last couple weeks. And you can really sense the fear in other teams' fanbases (mainly eastern conference teams). With Lebron and Bosh in the fold with what we already have, a 90's-like run would be almost a formality.

Edited by Jordan4life

"The bottom line for the Bulls is that on paper they have no equal. Their team, and the way it's constructed for the future right now, speaks for itself. Far louder than whatever crazy sales pitch any team could come up with. All that Forman really has to do now during his visit with James is slide over a piece of paper that says this:

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011

LeBron James -- 25 Chris Bosh -- 26 Joakim Noah -- 25 Luol Deng -- 25 Derrick Rose -- 21 Taj Gibson -- 25"

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
"The bottom line for the Bulls is that on paper they have no equal. Their team, and the way it's constructed for the future right now, speaks for itself. Far louder than whatever crazy sales pitch any team could come up with. All that Forman really has to do now during his visit with James is slide over a piece of paper that says this:

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011

LeBron James -- 25 Chris Bosh -- 26 Joakim Noah -- 25 Luol Deng -- 25 Derrick Rose -- 21 Taj Gibson -- 25"

Deng=yuck. That contract extension was questionable at best when it was originally signed. If that turns out to prohibit us from being able to sign both Lebron and Bosh (we still don't have the cap space to sign two max free agents) I'll puke every day for the rest of my life.