NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
I agree with this. Tons of potential, a lot of growing to do.

One noteworthy worry...If by some miracle Deng and Boozer both stay healthy, there's not a whole lot of minutes available for him. Even less if Miller comes back. And as I sure some remember, I'm a strong adherent to the belief that there's very few things that help develop a young player as much as NBA minutes.

Glad Asik's finally a bull. I really like that addition. Ugh, such a fun team to watch. I have to say, i respect this roster GarPax is putting together. If there was ever an underdog team who could win it, i think it would be dabulz

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
Glad Asik's finally a bull. I really like that addition. Ugh, such a fun team to watch. I have to say, i respect this roster GarPax is putting together. If there was ever an underdog team who could win it, i think it would be dabulz

If the Greenland Icecap were to suddenly go and Miami instantly flooded, I could see the Bulls having a legit shot if these things happened:

1. Rose takes a major step forwards from last season and stays healthy

2. Thibodeau is as good of a defensive coach as we've hoped

3. Boozer and Deng stay generally healthy.

It would have been a fun season to watch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
If the Greenland Icecap were to suddenly go and Miami instantly flooded, I could see the Bulls having a legit shot if these things happened:

1. Rose takes a major step forwards from last season and stays healthy

2. Thibodeau is as good of a defensive coach as we've hoped

3. Boozer and Deng stay generally healthy.

It would have been a fun season to watch.

i mean, s***, you really only would need 3 to be healthy around playoff time, playoffs should be a lock. Even with Kirk gone, I think we'll at least be as good defensively as last year. And I feel like with BOozer on offense, Noah can really focus on being the best D player in the league next year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
i mean, s***, you really only would need 3 to be healthy around playoff time, playoffs should be a lock. Even with Kirk gone, I think we'll at least be as good defensively as last year. And I feel like with BOozer on offense, Noah can really focus on being the best D player in the league next year.

Yeah, if Boozer and Deng both missed the whole season or nearly so, the Bulls still ought to be a playoff team. Gibson and Noah proved to be a decent frontcourt, Rose is a dominant PG and even last year he was basically average for 2 months because of that ankle so that alone is an improvement, replacing Hinrich with Reddick and Korver would downgrade your defense, but it would supply a massive need last year; someone who can shoot the 3 ball off of Rose's side.

That, and the Bulls upgraded their head coach massively (I'd say that with about anyone hired), while at least 1 of last year's playoff teams probably lost 30-40 wins and will probably miss the playoffs as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)

If not for the Miami super power, I think they'd be #2 in the East behind Orlando.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
I really agree with the Bosh as a top 4 player as well. There are quite a few guys I'd put ahead of him.

Namely:

LeBron

Kobe

Wade

Deron Williams

Durant

Carmelo

Chris Paul

Pau Gasol

Dwight Howard

I like DRose over Bosh as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
Anything on AC Law?

Acie Law is on the Warriors Summer League Roster, while Rob Kurz is on the Lakers.

That leaves room for Byars or Bouldin to make the roster if someone like Ronnie Brewer is added on top of Redick.

Quick thought:

Between Deng-Boozer-Noah-Gibson-Asik, the Bulls will have probably far and away the best rebounding team in the NBA. The second and even third opportunities for Rose to kick out to Redick or Korver will be amazing to have.

You know what? **** Miami. We have a team that I think can still go toe-to-toe with any in the NBA.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
You know what? **** Miami. We have a team that I think can still go toe-to-toe with any in the NBA.

I don't know whether I should laugh at you, or feel bad for you for saying that.. I dunno, but the Bulls aint that good..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
I don't know whether I should laugh at you, or feel bad for you for saying that.. I dunno, but the Bulls aint that good..

The Bulls may not have the big 3, but that doesnt mean they are not good. They have addressed many needs in this offseason and are surrounding Rose with a lot of complimentary talent.

They already are a 50 plus win team Id imagine so dont be so quick to doubt, Im also taking a wait and see aproach to see how good Miami is.

Laugh if you wish.

The fact is, the Bulls are surrounding Rose with a low-post guy and 2 snipers and possibly the best rebounding front court in the NBA, his assist numbers will be monstrous.

Teams I would say are definitively better right now are the Lakers, Magic, Heat (now that they have depth). I think the Bulls are on tier with the Thunder, Suns, healthy Celtics, and Nuggets.