NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
The Charlotte PG right now are DJ Augustin and Luther Head, as far as I can tell. Not only would they probably be willing to bid up from there...but if Livingston thinks he still has anything left, he's nearly guaranteed a ton more playing time in Charlotte.

When did Luther sign with Charlotte? I remember him signing a 2-year deal with New Orleans, and it just came out today that he failed his physical with them and won't be signing with the Hornets anymore.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
I dunno, I just checked their depth chart and he was listed there.

LOL, I saw that on Yahoo and another site, but can't find any transaction having him go from the Pacers to the Bobcats. Either way, sounds like his Hornets contract is null and void anyway so I guess hes a FA?

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
Following I believe are FA's:

Steve Blake

Rafer Alston

Jason Williams

CJ Watson

Watson for sure is my first option. In fact... I was back and forth on wanting him over Livingston. Unless the Bulls really want a true veteran like Skip to my Lou, Dooling, Earl Watson (who I like also.. know what your going to get), or House. I'm happy for Shaun though. Got a decent contract and he's probably going to start there. Really good for him. Bulls could also go the trade route, though that might be unnecessary for a backup. Might as well should bring back Law if that is the case.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Why, did someone kick you?

nice catch man ... limb - limp same difference.

About Omer Asik

From Wikipedia

Asik suffered ligament damage while training with the Turkey national basketball team in the summer of 2008 and was forced to undergo surgery. He did not return to action until March 2009 after Fenerbahce had finished its Euroleague season.

December/2009 - Omer Asik, whom the Chicago Bulls project to be a contributor once his Turkish contract expires after this season, broke his collarbone and is expected to miss two months following surgery.

It's the second significant injury for Asik, 23, who missed most of last season following knee surgery to repair torn ligaments.

The Bulls packaged three second-round picks to acquire the 7-foot center, who could be in training camp in October 2010.

Asik suffered his latest injury during a Euroleague game for Fenerbahce Ulker.

Looks like this guy is a bit of an injury prone and had some knee surgeries in the past. For a 7 footer, it's gonna be problematic.

From what I've read, he is a great shot blocker, but his offensive game is limited. Base on his injuries and lack of offensive game, should we hunt for an scoring big man, perhaps bringing back Brad, so he can serve as an insurance, if not a mentor for our youngsters?

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Yes, Blake is a Laker.

And I'm glad we didn't pay Livingston 7 over 2. Yes we need a backup point, but that's gonna be a 10-14 mpg spot for us. I'd rather sign someone cheaper and put real money elsewhere.

Anthony Johnson is a veteran guy you could probably get on the minimum for example.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
The D League would have better backups than those overpriced guys.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/statistics/play...tDD=All%20Teams

How about JamesOn Curry? His name is similar to LeBron and I believe he has owned a Bulls uniform before.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
nice catch man ... limb - limp same difference.

About Omer Asik

From Wikipedia

Looks like this guy is a bit of an injury prone and had some knee surgeries in the past. For a 7 footer, it's gonna be problematic.

From what I've read, he is a great shot blocker, but his offensive game is limited. Base on his injuries and lack of offensive game, should we hunt for an scoring big man, perhaps bringing back Brad, so he can serve as an insurance, if not a mentor for our youngsters?

I'd bring back Brad to teach Asik an offensive game.

Edit: JR regrets losing Kirk and not getting a top flight FA http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=394087

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
What the ****.

Can't even make your cover nice, can you LeBron?

I'm sure there's a lot more details there, but Simmons is reading in ad papers that the total amount of ad sales was about $6 million, and that's where the early reports were as well. There's obviously some expenses for all the private jets and prop kids, whatever, but that can't possibly cover $3.5 million.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
Who was telling me in this thread awhile back that David Kahn has made better moves lately? That's 4 PG's, unless Sessions gets dealt

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38243622/ns/...ts-player_news/

Heh that was me.

I did quite like the Beasley trade, but the dumping of Jefferson for 2 1st rounders and this signing has lost me completely.

I think he thought that he could trade Sessions to Charlotte also, that ain't happening now that they signed Livingston I'd imagine.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
Heh that was me.

I did quite like the Beasley trade, but the dumping of Jefferson for 2 1st rounders and this signing has lost me completely.

I think he thought that he could trade Sessions to Charlotte also, that ain't happening now that they signed Livingston I'd imagine.

LOL yeah it seemed like the writing was on wall for Al Jeff for a while now, it'll be interesting to see if Beasley can do anything without a superstar around him now

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Who was telling me in this thread awhile back that David Kahn has made better moves lately? That's 4 PG's, unless Sessions gets dealt

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38243622/ns/...ts-player_news/

Sessions is on his way out of town. Has been for awhile. And even if he isn't (he is, but that's irrelevant), that's 3 PGs, not 4.

My opinion of Kahn is summed up pretty well in this post. I think he's gotten a bad rap by the media for no real reason. As of today, the franchise is in a much better position than it was before he came here, and we have a ton of young talent and other assets.

Edited by Felix

Derrick Rose, a guy who is always shy to be boastful:

"It's there; I have a consistent 3-point shot now," Rose said Wednesday night. "You'll see. I just have so much confidence in my jump shot now. It's coming along so good. It's past even my expectations at this point."

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
Derrick Rose, a guy who is always shy to be boastful:

I'll believe it when I see it. I hope its true but there are very few cases of guys going from awful 3 pt shooters to good shooters in that short of a period of time.