NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
I'd really like both of them and have a SG-SF rotation of Redick-Brewer-Korver-Deng-Johnson. Hell, maybe if Johnson realizes his Point-Forward potential, he could run the point at times to let Derrick rest.

James Johnson has not at any level shown any ability whatsoever to be a Point Forward

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
They said they were going to take to Friday just to tie up the Bulls money because that's what competitors do.

That was the deadline, though KC had heard differently.

KCJHoop

Just found out Orlando's deadline to match or not match Redick offer is Saturday evening, not Friday as has been previously reported.

so we might have to wait an extra day.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Bulls should just sign Brewer now. Can't hurt to have both he and Redick.

Brewer could well have another offer out there that he's waiting on and that the Bulls couldn't beat without the cap space from JRed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
I'd like to see him become a competent ball handler for an NBA 3 before discussing his potential as a Point-Forward.

Is he competent in any area? He got away in college with just being bigger and stronger than the other players, and that he had an NBA-esque frontcourt around him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
Is he competent in any area? He got away in college with just being bigger and stronger than the other players, and that he had an NBA-esque frontcourt around him.

Oh come on Fathom, for a guy that was advertised as athletic but raw coming in, he at least put together some decent games towards the end of last year, and that was with a guy as his coach who was so bad that he got hired by the Clippers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
Oh come on Fathom, for a guy that was advertised as athletic but raw coming in, he at least put together some decent games towards the end of last year, and that was with a guy as his coach who was so bad that he got hired by the Clippers.

I honestly didn't follow the Bulls much last season besides for the last month of the season and playoffs. In the games I did watch of Johnson, he seemed to be brutal (as well as what some of my friends said about him). From what I recall, many people didn't consider Johnson all that raw due to his advanced age (same with Taj).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
I honestly didn't follow the Bulls much last season besides for the last month of the season and playoffs. In the games I did watch of Johnson, he seemed to be brutal (as well as what some of my friends said about him). From what I recall, many people didn't consider Johnson all that raw due to his advanced age (same with Taj).

Taj, you are correct. The first notion I heard from Johnson though was talented but Raw.

Just looked up some old scouting reports from before the draft and it seems Johnson was originally thought to be a Point-Forward in the making.

Plus, I said have him at the point *if* he realizes that potential and it would only be for a couple of minutes a game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
apparently the Hornets rescinded their offer to Luther Head based on medical reports

Supposedly the old Hornets GM signed him to the deal last week, and as soon as he was gone, the new GM rescinded the offer due to a failed physical, although it seems as if he just isn't a big fan of Head. (yes, I do realize what I did there)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Looks like Redick (as expected) has been matched. http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/15/magic-t...fer-from-bulls/ Expect to see a Brewer signing by the end of the weekend.

I am surprised that the Redick camp hasn't made a stink about this. Redick is going to be buried behind Carter/Richardson. I personally would have loved a SG combo of Redick/Brewer. Games where the SG on the other team is talented offensively, you start Brewer. If he is a scrub, you get Redick going. Very dissapointed about the Magic matching.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
I actually think James Johnson did look like a point forward in his limited playing time, he dribbles like a PG at least lol..... We'll see but Im really high on him and think he might become a great player for us.

Point forwards in the making generally don't have A/TO ratios of under 1 in college.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
Point forwards in the making generally don't have A/TO ratios of under 1 in college.

He is pretty damn raw and not sure of the talent on that team, but he has the talent. And its not like he'd be doing it the entire game anyways we do have a pretty good pg incase you have forgotten

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
Looks like Redick (as expected) has been matched. http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/15/magic-t...fer-from-bulls/ Expect to see a Brewer signing by the end of the weekend.

Almost a forgone conclusion that was going to be the case. Shocked so many posters here were penciling him at SG when it was a longshot. Still though, Bulls still need another sniper to pair with Rose. You can't go into the year with just Korver. Brewer is nice, but he is mostly a defensive stopper with the occasional knockdown 10-15 foot jumper, not a long range guy. I hate to throw Roger Mason on there, but baring a trade, he might be the best option left on the market.

Edited by J.Reedfan8