NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Not a good sniper, which is what they need more.

Yea. The only decent option I see (I'm only talking SG not PG here) is Roger Mason. Sadly, might be the best option the Bulls have. (as far as FA) Had a down year last season, but prior to was solid from long distance and is a career .381% 3 point shooter. (looks awfully good compared to Deng's .309% though he wasn't bad last year in limited attempts)

BTW, Bulls fans don't get too pissed when Brewer is missing key FTs. :P He is a terrible FT shooter.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Yea. The only decent option I see (I'm only talking SG not PG here) is Roger Mason. Sadly, might be the best option the Bulls have. (as far as FA) Had a down year last season, but prior to was solid from long distance and is a career .381% 3 point shooter. (looks awfully good compared to Deng's .309% though he wasn't bad last year in limited attempts)

BTW, Bulls fans don't get too pissed when Brewer is missing key FTs. :P He is a terrible FT shooter.

lol. what the hell? You changed your name to J.Reedfan8? What is it with you and scrubs (Garrett Jones)?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
lol. what the hell? You changed your name to J.Reedfan8? What is it with you and scrubs (Garrett Jones)?

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78462

Peep that thread and shoot me a PM if you wanna know how I became a fan of Jeremy Reed. (before he hit .400 in AA) And hey... if a guy who is a career .274/.344/.481/.825 is a scrub, then I like those kinda scrubs. :D

BTW, this was my first name when I started posting here on soxtalk FYI.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

Peep that thread and shoot me a PM if you wanna know how I became a fan of Jeremy Reed. (before he hit .400 in AA) And hey... if a guy who is a career .274/.344/.481/.825 is a scrub, then I like those kinda scrubs. :D

I see. Well I was on a timeout for a while (I deserved it). Reed still blows. He can stay at AAA for life.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
BTW, where the hell has Steve been lately? It really makes me think that he's gone into depression after the whole LeBron thing.

I'm guessing on my part, but I believe he is suspended. (I don't think he took my "RIP" sig thing THAT seriously)

Edited by J.Reedfan8

My guess is that he is boycotting the NBA.

I refuse to say the name of any players on the team that shall not be named.

I just cant admit that this is actually happening and one of my favorite players I have to like less than Kobe (the player I previously disliked).

I guess there is still Carmelo and Howard, but none of them will replace the precious. Although I guess maybe that team is Smeagol and eventually the Bulls will get it for the good of everyone.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
I think I used the wrong spelling, I was going for "Smeagol" as in Gollum to go with the reference of Lord of the Rings.

As in once Smeagol got the ring, he became evil and eventually lost the ring.

I knew what you were going for. I just thought that was a good joke.

For me to poop on!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
I think I used the wrong spelling, I was going for "Smeagol" as in Gollum to go with the reference of Lord of the Rings.

As in once Smeagol got the ring, he became evil and eventually lost the ring.

LeBron can't lose what he doesn't have...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoEl...reeagency071610

Really good article on how LeBron lacks professionalism and the rivalry between Maverick Carter (at least in Mav's eyes) and World Wide Wes, which I think ultimately cost the Bulls LeBron.

Best part:

or everything the Bulls tried to sell – from owner Jerry Reinsdorf to GM Gar Forman to coach Tom Thibodeau – there had been one thing that troubled James’ about the Bulls pitch: Derrick Rose(notes) never called and tried to recruit him.

Chicago officials never directly requested Rose to reach out with a call, and the young point guard felt James could’ve always reached out to him had he wanted to discuss the possibility of playing together. James needed to be courted, needed to be wooed and apparently it surprised him there was a star who wasn’t falling over himself to do that.

LeBron, if thats why you didn't come here, you're an idiot.

Edit: Holy ****

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id...s-with-team-usa

Here's a surprising piece of news: LeBron James may have been sweating just a little. He evidently brought some unwelcome attitude to the first few days of USA Basketball training camp in Las Vegas last summer. Sources with first-hand knowledge say that it was bad enough that when the team's managing director, Jerry Colangelo, asked the coaching staff to choose the player they'd like to cut first, three coaches are said to have offered King James' name.
Edited by Quinarvy

Quinarvy, that was a great article. Thanks for posting it.

You know, I've always thought LeBron was an egomaniacal douchebag. It's become apparent in these last few weeks that he is an easily manipulated, insecure dope as well. Riley and Wade knew how to exploit that in their favor.

There was a funny quote from a fan in the recent Bill Simmons article - The All LeBron soundoff:

I've figured out the moral of the story: Stay in school.

Wade: 3 years at Marquette

Bosh: 1 year at Georgia Tech

The kid from Akron: no college

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.

Haha

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)

You know, I've always thought LeBron was an egomaniacal douchebag. It's become apparent in these last few weeks that he is an easily manipulated, insecure dope as well. Riley and Wade knew how to exploit that in their favor.

There was a funny quote from a fan in the recent Bill Simmons article - The All LeBron soundoff:

The most educated guy convinced his dumber friends to come play on his team for less money.

Haha

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)

Haha

:lolhitting

He was even smart enough to convince LeBron to make himself look like a d-bag so that he'd be the top dog in Miami!

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

BTW, this was my first name when I started posting here on soxtalk FYI.

Wow that thread took me even further back to the Freddy/Reed trade. It was fun to read such an old thread, someone must have pissed in my cereal that day, cause wow I was a jerk hahaha.

Also, when did Soxtalk start banning lots of people. There were three names that were fairly large volume posters from when I used to do more than lerk (90% on my BB now)? Sorry to off-topic us.

I have not watched him since his rookie season (can't remember really) but does anyone know if Rudy Fernandez is a good catch and shoot player? I like what I've read about him, as he has gotten a pretty raw deal in Portland, but can stroke it from downtown (don't know if he's good as a moving shooter or does he have to always be set, and yes I know his ball handles are weak) and is a good FT shooter to limit Brewer there. As far as trades, he might be one of the Bulls best options to try and get, even if his defense makes J.J. Redick look like Bruce Bowen. (well he isn't THAT bad, actually gets a bit of a bad rap, but he isn't very good either)

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
I have not watched him since his rookie season (can't remember really) but does anyone know if Rudy Fernandez is a good catch and shoot player? I like what I've read about him, as he has gotten a pretty raw deal in Portland, but can stroke it from downtown (don't know if he's good as a moving shooter or does he have to always be set, and yes I know his ball handles are weak) and is a good FT shooter to limit Brewer there. As far as trades, he might be one of the Bulls best options to try and get, even if his defense makes J.J. Redick look like Bruce Bowen.

This is getting all the better...

"The bigger issue is salary-cap circumvention," the executive said. "You can’t promise jobs or preferential services outside of a contract or a job for a friend. If that’s part of the deal, it’s a violation."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../#ixzz0tvl27xeN

Sorry LBJ, but your wanting to get friends jobs could cost you 2 years off your contract because a year is already taken off for violation, and since the penalty is 5 first rounders, suddenly you don't have a S&T and neither does Bosh, so he loses a year too.

So, here's an idea:

Trade the Charlotte Pick + 3 Second Rounders to Portland for Bayless & Fernandez then with the remaining cap, sign Brad and bring Bouldin or Lucas as a 3rd string emergency PG.

PG: Rose-Bayless-Bouldin

SG: Brewer-Fernandez

SF: Deng-Korver-Johnson

PF: Boozer-Taj

C: Noah-Miller-Asik

I like that team.

Edited by Quinarvy