NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
I didn't hate either of them before he went to the Heat.. but once Bosh and then LeBron both signed there they have now become my favorite team.. so that would indeed make them a team I follow I do believe..

lol. Um, ok. You're like done now.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
I didn't hate either of them before he went to the Heat.. but once Bosh and then LeBron both signed there they have now become my favorite team.. so that would indeed make them a team I follow I do believe..

Yeah you can go ahead and exchange your whitesox hat for a yankees one too.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Yeah you can go ahead and exchange your whitesox hat for a yankees one too.

Im not a huge basketball fan, but there are certain players I like.. that's why I was a big Magic fan, because of Penny and Shaq.. Its not like that with the other sports, I have been White Sox and Dolphins from day 1 of being able to follow them in a true fan way..

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
I don't mind it. Regardless of if that's your goal, you play devil's advocate, which is good for discussion.

Its not my goal, it just so happens that on the majority of topics around here I tend to always be with the minority about it.. it doesn't matter if its sports or life subjects im the heel of the board, I get that..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Im not a huge basketball fan, but there are certain players I like.. that's why I was a big Magic fan, because of Penny and Shaq.. Its not like that with the other sports, I have been White Sox and Dolphins from day 1 of being able to follow them in a true fan way..

Where did you grow up that you have such a hodge podge of team favorites. Did you decide them all yourself or were any handed down?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Hoopsworld has CJ Watson going to the Bulls. As always with hoopsworld take it with a grain of salt. Nice move if true.

Thats fantastic. His twitter account an hour ago also said "So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
Where did you grow up that you have such a hodge podge of team favorites. Did you decide them all yourself or were any handed down?

I grew up in Naperville.. I picked my teams on my own, my real dad was an Orioles fan and I still remember going to a Sox/Orioles game at the old park prolly in the late 80's and the Sox lost and I cried..

The Dolphins became my team because of Dan Marino..

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Watson move is confirmed. It's a sign and trade for a 2nd round pick. Terms are 3 years at 10.2 mill.

Isn't he a D-League guy who had a couple of good games? I don't know much about him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
Isn't he a D-League guy who had a couple of good games? I don't know much about him.

He's a D-League success story but he's been a contributer for the Warriors for the past 2 seasons now. Very solid player. He'll be a hell of a backup. He's still only 26 and had quite a few good stretches in Golden State. Had a 40 point night against the Kings last year as well. He's a good but not great 3 point shooter, quick and strong for his size.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2212892:date=Jul 19, 2010 -> 09:40 PM:name=Brian)-->
QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
<!--quotec-->Isn't he a D-League guy who had a couple of good games? I don't know much about him.

He's a D-League success story but he's been a contributer for the Warriors for the past 2 seasons now. Very solid player. He'll be a hell of a backup. He's still only 26 and had quite a few good stretches in Golden State. Had a 40 point night against the Kings last year as well. He's a good but not great 3 point shooter, quick and strong for his size.

Hard to say how he is as a 3 pt shooter. He was bad this year and had a good year last year. Not enough to go on yet.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
Hard to say how he is as a 3 pt shooter. He was bad this year and had a good year last year. Not enough to go on yet.

It's hard to tell with any player coming from Golden State but Watson is a good shooter. He was good in college. Up and down in the NBA, but he's pretty streaky.

I only remember him from college when he was just a solid freakin rock on the court, did nothing great but nothing poorly....supposedly some scouts think he can be a very good defender, but nobody really knows for sure since he's been playing in that Nellie system

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Very nice pickup for the Bulls, would have been nice if we could of gotten Morrow or Reddick at SG as well but we should have a pretty solid team just have to hope one of the big 3 in Miami go down.

I think we have a very good shot of being the 2nd seed in the East if things go well.

Rose/Watson

Brewer/Korver

Deng/Johnson

Boozer/Gibson

Noah/Asik

If nothing else, it should be one of the best benches in the league.

Outstanding move. He or Dooling I was advocating for a while as a backup PG. Like Watson. Very young player still. Probably one of the better defensive players on Golden State (though that isn't saying much) who plays the passing lanes very well. Solid free throw shooter as well, good rebounder for his size, but is inconsistent from beyond the arc. All in all, solid move.