NBA Offseason Thread

Kind of mad about this....

The Oklahoman reports: The Thunder will not lose assistant Maurice Cheeks to the Bulls; he will stay with in Oklahoma City for the 2010-11 season.

Cheeks, who arrived last summer, was rumored to be a candidate for both the head coaching job and a possibility for Tom Thibodeau's staff. Thibodeau even mentioned Cheeks by name in his introductory press conference last week.

Ron Adams will re-join the Bulls; he was previously in Chicago from 2004-07.

Cheeks was the main guy I wanted to really help tutor Rose and elevate his game. Good to see Adams back though. (I'm sure Noah is more matured about it this go around)

Edited by SoxAce

I read something last night that the Bulls, and we know they sent some money to the Wizards, sent $6 million. JR has been in Chicago sports for 30 years, we know how he operates. There is no way he trades a pretty productive player, $6 million and a #1 pick for nothing if he doesn't know its all going to pay off in the end.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
I read something last night that the Bulls, and we know they sent some money to the Wizards, sent $6 million. JR has been in Chicago sports for 30 years, we know how he operates. There is no way he trades a pretty productive player, $6 million and a #1 pick for nothing if he doesn't know its all going to pay off in the end.

To be fair, since they can't submit that deal yet, it is still slightly plausible that it could fall apart if there's some grand plan here.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
Stephen A. Smith reporting that Lebron and Bosh are headed to Miami.

http://twitter.com/stephenasmith

Oh what a fun time this week will be.

maybe because it's fresh and anti-bulls, but this report worries me, although wasn't SJS the one who completely bungled a lot of the Iverson stuff this season? Basically he was reporting something about Iverson's future and said it was from his camp and it ended up being the complete opposite of what happened?

Any word on what camp this source is from? If it's from Wade's or Bosh's that makes me feel a little better. A way to track stuff like this is see how ESPN and other major outlets handle it, right now they are having their insider scramble to their sources to follow up and see the legitimacy because ESPN will often twist stuff like this if it's true to make it look like they broke the story, as of now it's not mentioned on ESPN.com or SI.com which tells me this, at least for now, isn't some rampant story that's burning through the NBA gossip tree.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
maybe because it's fresh and anti-bulls, but this report worries me, although wasn't SJS the one who completely bungled a lot of the Iverson stuff this season? Basically he was reporting something about Iverson's future and said it was from his camp and it ended up being the complete opposite of what happened?

Any word on what camp this source is from? If it's from Wade's or Bosh's that makes me feel a little better

As a Heat fan, I'm not going to give a ton of comforting words :-P. However, this DID come from Stephen A. Smith. I just laughed it off and said "sure."

I wouldnt exactly call Stephen A. Smith a 100% accurate reporter. Just because you talk loudly and come off as some gangster doesnt make you legit. Look at some of the stuff he posted after his LBJ tweet. Major a$$ hat.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
Kind of mad about this....

Cheeks was the main guy I wanted to really help tutor Rose and elevate his game. Good to see Adams back though. (I'm sure Noah is more matured about it this go around)

I love Mo Cheeks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
Hmmm, do we trust LeBron's closest confidant (WWW) or Screamin' A Smith?

I'm unconcerned. Again, LeBron will NOT go to Miami to play 2nd fiddle to D-Wade.

Screamin' A Smith, because he says it louder.

I agree with you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
Hmmm, do we trust LeBron's closest confidant (WWW) or Screamin' A Smith?

I'm unconcerned. Again, LeBron will NOT go to Miami to play 2nd fiddle to D-Wade.

this has been my theory all along too, Rose is that one notch down of player where LBJ will still get the #1 superstar claim, while on Miami he would hear "oh, he needed Wade to get a title, could never do it by himself"

Also, Si.com has a report from an "NBA exec" saying Lebron and Bosh to chicago is "a done deal" and that was from this morning as well, so there's so much stuff out there we just have to wait....... but it's fun to speculate and heart jump on every report!

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
Yup, he'll be playing with Birmingham.

Not that it has to do with LBJ, if you look a few tweets down on Screamin Steven's Twitter, he tells someone that the Bears should go out and get TO hahaha this guy is amazing. The Bulls should sign Allen Iverson too

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
Not that it has to do with LBJ, if you look a few tweets down on Screamin Steven's Twitter, he tells someone that the Bears should go out and get TO hahaha this guy is amazing. The Bulls should sign Allen Iverson too

TO on the Bears might be disaster since Lovie looks like he has no control of his team.

I can just see he and Cutler arguing.

Adams is a better appointment that Cheeks IMO.

A lot of people thought the Thunder's major improvement on defence this season was due to Adams.

With him and TT on the same staff, the Bulls should be top 5 in D next season as a MINIMUM.

oh and as pointed out by ESPN Radio, Miami doesnt have enough cap space for 3 max deals. So, someone would have to take a discount.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000