NBA Offseason Thread

A McGrady signing has headcase/club house cancer written all over it. He wants to be a starter and still thinks he can be one. The Bulls, probably rightly so, don't think he can be an effective starter anymore. They apease him for a few weeks, giving him a good chunk of minutes, but eventually his defense slips, the younger guys start taking his minutes, and he starts whining about not getting enough playing time. He ruins the good-guy, team-first vibe that everyone else seems to have.

And I've always liked McGrady. He's never been a T.O., i'm better than the team kind of player. I just see problems if they sign him and he isn't happy with his role.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
Half of that to me sounds like him saying the right thing, but I can't tell if the other half is him being confident in his rehab to the point of cockiness, which I wouldn't mind at all...or if it's him showing the classic NBA "I've earned these minutes!" streak that we've seen from so many guys.

I'd still sign him, but I can't tell which is which. Thankfully, the Bulls happen to have a guy who coached him for 3 years on their staff...Thibodeau.

Which could very well be why they are hesitant to sign him...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
Which could very well be why they are hesitant to sign him...

And if they decide they don't want him, I won't begrudge them the move.

According to two people who witnessed the workout, McGrady shot the ball well but didn't move with much fluidity or exhibit superior conditioning. Andy Greer, who served as an assistant with the Rockets along with coach Tom Thibodeau when McGrady played there, led the workout.

Those two coaches' familiarity with McGrady, as well as Rose's public lobbying for him that stems, in part, from their shared agency, represent McGrady's best chance at landing a Bulls offer. Yet no definitive decision has been made, and one league source who spoke with Bulls management said he wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls passed.

Another source said management has considered a non-guaranteed deal near the veteran's minimum of $1.35 million if an offer is made, but that an offer is unlikely.

Link

Sun Times gives a different impression.

During his workout Monday at the Berto Center, Tracy McGrady showed he has made physical progress since last season and is capable of being a contributor to the Bulls next season, according to a source.

But despite the seven-time All-Star being physically able to fill the secondary bench role the team is looking for, the Bulls' brass isn't yet convinced McGrady will be a good fit after meeting with him following the workout the source said.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
So he's either saying they are gonna win 71 games, 43 games, or score 127.5 ppg. Got it

He's saying they'll be 30 over .500, like 56-26. So he's saying that adding him might result in 4-5 extra wins.

To be honest with you, if he's healthy and even half the player he was back in 07, it's entirely possible.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
To be honest with you, if he's healthy and even half the player he was back in 07, it's entirely possible.

I'm really getting the impression, as this drags out, that Thibs and the guys who were around with the Rockets think that he'll immediately go all Allen Iverson on the team in the first week of next season. Otherwise they'd be doing this.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 01:11 AM)
Do want.

Yeah, give 'em James Johnson and a the Bulls 2011 first-round pick. I think that is enough for Fernandez for all his talents hasn't proven anything thus far in his short NBA career.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 07:01 AM)
Yeah, give 'em James Johnson and a the Bulls 2011 first-round pick. I think that is enough for Fernandez for all his talents hasn't proven anything thus far in his short NBA career.

Really? Can't say I'd be willing to give up JJ and a '11 1st.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
I'll be honest, I'm struggling trying to find a way to root for LeBron and his retarded crew.

Like I said even in late June and early July....had he gone to the Bulls, I'd have held my nose and rooted for him. But it'd have been REALLY hard to do because he's just a first class asshole, as are Wade and Bosh. However, I'm sure as a Heat fan, you'll find a way to look past it once the season gets here, and I don't blame you at all for it because I'd do the same thing.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Like I said even in late June and early July....had he gone to the Bulls, I'd have held my nose and rooted for him. But it'd have been REALLY hard to do because he's just a first class asshole, as are Wade and Bosh. However, I'm sure as a Heat fan, you'll find a way to look past it once the season gets here, and I don't blame you at all for it because I'd do the same thing.

For you LBJ haters viewing pleasure

http://img821.imageshack.us/i/bloglebronespn.jpg/

I love the shot at LBJ hidden in it all....ppl looked at Lamar Odom and pointed at their ring finger and smiled LOL

What an A$$HOLE, even Big Baby is in it