NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
Beasley would clearly be sent out in a S&T or so I'd assume.

I won't lie, I'd be heartbroken if that happened.

yeah, but you would think that would be part of his report since it's a major part of the story and it would have gained steam since they would have to have something in place if it was some sort of done deal and that means there would be another city involved, meaning another set of eyes and ears to report something.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
Beasley would clearly be sent out in a S&T or so I'd assume.

I won't lie, I'd be heartbroken if that happened.

I really don't think Riley is going to trade Beasley at this point.

The Heat have enough to offer 3 guys 15.333M a year, which would be about 1.17M short of what LeBron, Wade, and Bosh could receive in max deals from what I understand.

I still think LeBron ends up in Chicago, though I think Bosh will be in Miami.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
yeah, but you would think that would be part of his report since it's a major part of the story and it would have gained steam since they would have to have something in place if it was some sort of done deal and that means there would be another city involved, meaning another set of eyes and ears to report something.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
I agree, I think at this point it's a major stunner if he doesn't end up staying in Cle or going to Bulls or Heat.

I would consider it a huge stunner if he stays in Cleveland. Right now, I'd give Bulls 50% chance, Heat 40%, and Cavs 10%.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
I would consider it a huge stunner if he stays in Cleveland. Right now, I'd give Bulls 50% chance, Heat 40%, and Cavs 10%.

yeah, I see what you mean, but just the whole home state connection sticks in the back of my mind, I would probably go Bulls 50, Heat 30, Cavs 20, so we're similar and I guess I should redo my math to give the other teams a 1% because there's always a possibility, so Bulls 49, give that 1 to the others

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
As I said before, don't get your hopes up. We're all setting up to be really disappointed.

well as a Bulls fan I can read what's out there and think it's a possibility, I really don't need to be told to not get my hopes up, if he signs somewhere else I'm sure I'll get over it

I still think the Bulls and Knicks are the two main players for LeBron. If the Knicks pull in LeBron and a guy like Haywood, it could make a lot of sense in LeBron's eyes.

PG. Toney Douglas

SG. LeBron

SF. Chandler

PF. Gallinari

C. Haywood

Eddy Curry's 11M is expiring next year for more help. LeBron would get to dominate the ball, the spotlight, and have a proven coach, as well as a 3 point guy in Gallinari. Who's going to demand the ball in that situation? Douglas, Chandler, and Haywood will mainly play their roles as defenders and rebounders, while Gallinari spots up for open jumpers. I think it makes a lot of sense for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
And even if Yao plays fewer minutes than Phil, he'll make your team one of the most marketable in the NBA and make your jerseys the most popular ones in the world.

Do teams get money from selling their own jerseys overseas? I thought that they just got money for all of the NBA-licensed apparel sold in their respective local markets. Or maybe I'm confusing the NBA with another league.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
I still think the Bulls and Knicks are the two main players for LeBron. If the Knicks pull in LeBron and a guy like Haywood, it could make a lot of sense in LeBron's eyes.

PG. Toney Douglas

SG. LeBron

SF. Chandler

PF. Gallinari

C. Haywood

Eddy Curry's 11M is expiring next year for more help. LeBron would get to dominate the ball, the spotlight, and have a proven coach, as well as a 3 point guy in Gallinari. Who's going to demand the ball in that situation? Douglas, Chandler, and Haywood will mainly play their roles as defenders and rebounders, while Gallinari spots up for open jumpers. I think it makes a lot of sense for him.

the thing that I believe the NYK have going against them is their coaches poor track record of defense, Lebron is smart, he knows how important defense is to winning an NBA title.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
Why is anyone even giving any credibility to Screamin' A Smith? Dude was promoting his new radio show, and knew if he tweeted that bulls*** he'd get a lot of attention.

LeBron will NOT go play on Wade's team.

I definitely agree, but what I could see is, and this rehashes and cancels some of my other arguments, but throwing it out as a possibility, is them signing with the Knicks, that way Lebron could have the star role there, I think that's the only way I see them playing together.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
I definitely agree, but what I could see is, and this rehashes and cancels some of my other arguments, but throwing it out as a possibility, is them signing with the Knicks, that way Lebron could have the star role there, I think that's the only way I see them playing together.

Wade is NOT leaving Miami.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I am getting very worried. I think the Bulls are going to dance with Bosh/James, neglecting Johnson, which will let NY scoop him and Amare up. Then, James/Bosh will be between Bulls/Heat. I pray it's not a Ray Allen/David Lee summer.

FWIW, Johnson reportedly prefers Chicago tenfold over any other club.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
I am getting very worried. I think the Bulls are going to dance with Bosh/James, neglecting Johnson, which will let NY scoop him and Amare up. Then, James/Bosh will be between Bulls/Heat. I pray it's not a Ray Allen/David Lee summer.

I'm not worried about losing out on Joe Johnson, and having to pay him nearly 20 million a year when he's an aging SG.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)

PG. Toney Douglas

SG. LeBron

SF. Chandler

PF. Gallinari

C. Haywood

And isn't Melo a FA next year? Now there's a guy that I get the feeling craves the spotlight of playing in NY. They could grab LBJ this year and grab some stopgap pieces, then next year grab Melo with the additional money coming off the books. Granted, there's a lot of overlap in LBJ and Carmelo's games but LBJ could move to the 2 or 4. A-rod left SS so I don't see why any superstar can't change positions even during their prime.

That said, Miami scares the s*** out of me. I could absolutely see James and Wade coexisting. I don't buy this "he'd be second fiddle to Wade" BS. He's the game's best player, he'll play second fiddle to no one. And not that I give the Clippers a chance, but I also never bought that the reason he wouldn't go to LA is he wouldn't want to play in Kobe's shadow. Please, Kobe's getting up there in age and mileage on his body, he's not gonna be at this level for much longer.

I don't know why anybody is worried about the Screamin A comments, just like I don't know why anybody got so pumped at the ones saying he's coming to Chicago. The only thing every "report" we see about this stuff has in common is they're all full of s***. Nobody actually has much of a clue what LeBron is going to do, but is willing to throw s*** against the wall and hope it sticks because people are just eating up every bit of news they can find. We won't know what's the deal until people sign with teams, and that's all there is to it. The Bulls have a very good chance at getting a lot better this summer, which is great, but they could strikeout too. Nobody really knows, regardless of how much they pretend to.

Edited by whitesoxfan101