NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
So are we going to get amnesty for Boozer?

I think I'm happier that KC can get back to work than almost anything else here.

The Bulls, like most teams, will be busy. They must decide whether to pick up their $1,725,000 team option on starting shooting guard Keith Bogans. They must monitor the amnesty wire to see which high-priced veterans from other teams get waived and enter free agency.

The Bulls have no plans to use their amnesty option on a player. They will have their $5 million mid-level exception available to sign free agents. However, with Derrick Rose up for a maximum contract extension, signing a veteran free agent to a lower-priced deal could be more realistic.

Quickest/simplest rumor would be that the Hawks will stupidly NOT use amnesty on Joe Johnson, but instead use on Kirk, who would take Bogans' spot on the roster and be an immense upgrade.

However, so much s*** will go down. I truly expect the Bulls to bring in a legit shooter to play the 2.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
I am fine with bogans in a reserve role, but I want to see a new starter in his place.

That is of course the goal...but it's also entirely possible that you could sign a Grant Hill level player who could take close to starter's minutes and he wouldn't be ready to fill that role until January/February.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
I've had my fill of Kirk Hinrich jogging around the baseline aimlessly. He doesn't even fit what we need at the 2 (assuming we keep Bogans as a reserve).

Well, he's not ideal, but he's basically a much better version of Bogans who can also run the offense for the few MPG Rose is sitting.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
I've had my fill of Kirk Hinrich jogging around the baseline aimlessly. He doesn't even fit what we need at the 2 (assuming we keep Bogans as a reserve).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Well, he's not ideal, but he's basically a much better version of Bogans who can also run the offense for the few MPG Rose is sitting.

And with Rose being such a scoring threat, Kirk can cover something of a complimentary role.

But yeah, it still leaves the Bulls with the problem of Korver being the only legit outside threat. Kirk would be a slightly better version of the type of player the Bulls already have at SG.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Depends on what "The expense" is. But yeah, looking through some of the advanced stats, Korver and company were more effective last year than JRich.

Blah. Korver and Co played along side a superstar PG. The only thing Richardson doesn't do better than Korver is hit the 3 (which hes still excellent at) and FTs. He's a much more athletic version of Korver who's not a complete waste on defense. Not surprisingly, Richardson was much more effective with Pheonix and Steve Nash before getting dealt to the mess that was Orlando.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
Blah. Korver and Co played along side a superstar PG. The only thing Richardson doesn't do better than Korver is hit the 3 (which hes still excellent at) and FTs. He's a much more athletic version of Korver who's not a complete waste on defense. Not surprisingly, Richardson was much more effective with Pheonix and Steve Nash before getting dealt to the mess that was Orlando.

I mean, it's kinda telling when we're saying "The mess that was Orlando" about the team with the best center/big man in the NBA too.