NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
obviously this was coming, but Raptors GM Collangelo (sp?) announced today that Bosh will be opting out, only interesting thing was he said they would do a sign and trade so that theoretically opens more teams

So he could opt out, then re-sign a max contract, and then be traded?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
My sources tell me that Lebron and Bosh are going to join the TuneSquad because they feel teaming up with Michael is the best chance to win a ring.

Who would mess with the Tasmanian Devil?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
My sources tell me that Lebron and Bosh are going to join the TuneSquad because they feel teaming up with Michael is the best chance to win a ring.

Stealing this as my facebook status...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Lebron is not going to play with Wade.

People keep saying this.. not that I don't agree with it cause I do... but it isn't too far-fetched to think the man would do anything to get a ring, even play with a guy almost as good as you, legacy or not. I never thought Pierce, Garnett and Allen would ever co-exist with one basketball, but they made it work. I still think he won't go there however, but if Miami somehow trades Beasley... things might get more interesting.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
Well if all 3 go to Miami then it wont matter who we get and I wont care because the NBA will be dead to me for the next 5-10 years.

It would be terrible for Kobe and the NBA no doubt. That is why I like when LeBron (and others) said earlier in the process that they were gonna do "what is best for the NBA."

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
It would be terrible for Kobe and the NBA no doubt. That is why I like when LeBron (and others) said earlier in the process that they were gonna do "what is best for the NBA."

He doesn't give two s***s about the NBA. He's looking out for himself.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
People keep saying this.. not that I don't agree with it cause I do... but it isn't too far-fetched to think the man would do anything to get a ring, even play with a guy almost as good as you, legacy or not. I never thought Pierce, Garnett and Allen would ever co-exist with one basketball, but they made it work. I still think he won't go there however, but if Miami somehow trades Beasley... things might get more interesting.

The Celtics trio is not comparable. One, none of the three, even in their primes, were comparable players to Lebron (well, maybe KG was close). Lebron has been the undisputed best player in the league for the last two years and is right smack in his prime. Two, it's not like Lebron is 31 or 32 and in a position that he has to sacrifice individual glory for the sake of a title (like the Celtics trio did). Wade's got a ring already. And he obviously didn't need Lebron for that. If Lebron were to win a ring with Wade it would be more like no s***. You better f***ing damn well win a ring with an undisputed top 5 player in the league who's in his prime and already won one without you. That's not going to do much for his legacy, IMO. And then Bosh as your THIRD option? I mean c'mon. If Lebron is the ego maniac we all know he is, he's not goin' for that.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
Wade vs Rose & Noah is the question if you assume LBJ and Bosh are going together and the rest of the rosters are going to be a bunch of D-leaguers

Lebron is obsessed with Michael Jordan and to a lesser degree Kobe Bryant. Yes, he wants to win. But he does not want to win with Wade. Would MJ's legacy be the same if he had won 6 rings with Hakeem Olajuwon? Nope. Kobe had to win a title without Shaq before he entered the realm of all-time greats.

Edited by Jordan4life