NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
Apparently, just because the Bulls lucked into Derrick Rose, it doesn't make them any less the Bulls.

I am lowering my expectations. They'll end up with Jamal Crawford, and it will be a trainwreck.

nm, annoying non-tweet false post report

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
@blakegriffin: Hey guys I just got traded...

@blakegriffin: Stupid autocorrec. I meant say I just got to Trader Joes, the grocery store. Gonna do some shopping.

LOL, he rocks.

was just about to post that. Was legitimately laughing in the office.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Just saw a post that Chauncey was irate over being an amnesty clause player. Does he even understand what just happened? He gets his salary and a new salary/new pick of a team. Amnesty clause players should be thanking the owners.

Not necessarily

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
He goes through a waiver. He could be picked up by Minnesota if they so choose, thats why he is pissed

Yes, but I know agents are going to be telling teams to back off claims. Unwanted claims are going to be met with immediate trade demands. Should be interesting.

I'm not entirely convinced the Bulls need to bring in new players to improve. If Rose keeps improving, Gibson's game takes a leap and Boozer goes back to being a 20/10 guy we have upgraded more than any team this offseason. None of those things are outside the realm of possiblity.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
I'm not entirely convinced the Bulls need to bring in new players to improve. If Rose keeps improving, Gibson's game takes a leap and Boozer goes back to being a 20/10 guy we have upgraded more than any team this offseason. None of those things are outside the realm of possiblity.

Nope, still need a SG to take the load off Rose. It would be moronic to stand pat

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
The one thing I hate is how quiet the Bulls are. The knicks, lakers, heat and Celtics are all over the news trying to upgrade their teams, the Bulls are nowhere to be found. This bothers me a lot

It's driving me mad and has been their MO for years. Always afraid of the big move.

Apparently, they want Dwight, but they need to realize there shant be a Dwight.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)

Rose? Yes. Gibson and Boozer? No and no.

The NBPA has reportedly approved the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

It's become an afterthought among a frenzy of trade rumors and free agent handshake agreements, but the new CBA hasn't technically been ratified. The owners will soon vote on the CBA and the stage is now set for free agency and training camp to begin simultaneously on Friday, as planned.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
The one thing I hate is how quiet the Bulls are. The knicks, lakers, heat and Celtics are all over the news trying to upgrade their teams, the Bulls are nowhere to be found. This bothers me a lot

this is killing me too....we were that close to getting to the finals and are just sitting here twiddling our thumbs like we are already good to go. If they don't make a move to get some kind of impact SG we are going to be worse than last year....we got every ounce of talent out of our team last season i dont know if we can do that again without some help for d rose....wish kenny williams could GM the bulls as well maybe then we would be willing to pull the trigger on a FA or a trade