NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
Wade vs Rose & Noah is the question if you assume LBJ and Bosh are going together and the rest of the rosters are going to be a bunch of D-leaguers

Except the Bulls also have Deng and Gibson. The Bulls will actually have a decent bench. The Heat would have the worst bench ever.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)
Except the Bulls also have Deng and Gibson. The Bulls will actually have a decent bench. The Heat would have the worst bench ever.

Not to mention there would be countless nights that Lebron wouldn't be the best player on the floor. Remember, we're talking about "The King" and "The Chosen One."

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
After thinking more about it I just still continue to think that there is absolutely no way Lebron goes to Miami and plays second fiddle to Wade.

Well let's not go that far. Lebron would be the best player. But not by much. I'm a lot more worried about Lebron staying in Cleveland than going to Miami.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:26 AM)
Well let's not go that far. Lebron would be the best player. But not by much. I'm a lot more worried about Lebron staying in Cleveland than going to Miami.

Wade owns that city theres no way Lebron is top dog there. He may be the best but Wade will always be the most loved.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Two, it's not like Lebron is 31 or 32 and in a position that he has to sacrifice individual glory for the sake of a title (like the Celtics trio did). Wade's got a ring already. And he obviously didn't need Lebron for that. If Lebron were to win a ring with Wade it would be more like no s***. You better f***ing damn well win a ring with an undisputed top 5 player in the league who's in his prime and already won one without you.

You also have to remember the other 2 were traded for by Ainge, not signed as FA. And he took alot of flack from it because all three at that time needed the ball in their hands to be effective. All I'm saying is noone should think that two of the best players in the NBA are gonna be selfish enough to not defer to the other. But not even those two can play 48 minutes a game because Miami still needs role players even if they get Bosh with those two. As fathom said, Miami is really the only threat Bulls fans should really be scared of in this process, even if LeBron stays in Cleveland. (plans B,C and D can easily fail with them in the market too)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
That's a decent point. But if it's about being "most loved" then the Cavs definitely have the upper hand there.

Well them and New York. LeBron would own that city without even playing one minute for them sadly.

Not the news I was hoping to wake up to, as Broussard has consistently said for a while that LeBron to the Bulls is the most likely scenario. Broussard supposedly is close to LeBron. Something that is also worrisome is that some feel that WWW is the one who's telling everyone that LeBron is coming to Chicago, but WWW has lost some of his power within LeBron's inner-circle.

F-in-A. This is just the most annoying thing ever. When the Bulls meet with Bron, they better reiterate to him that Chicago gives him the best chance to win while still maintaining his status as the man of the team. I have been saying Chicago or Cleveland for the entire off-season, but I now I am starting to thing sunny Miami is him new destination. Pray that I am wrong...On the bright side, Miami will be looking for scrubs like us to fill out the bench.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?i...DALLASHeadlines

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh met in Miami Monday night.

The article said they met over the weekend in Miami. Wade was in Chicago this past weekend and is now, according to the Miami Herald, on vacation in a private spot. I think its all BS like 99% of the stuff that's come out.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
Miami fans are getting so damn cocky and it's annoying as hell.

People are retarded if they are getting cocky over something that is far from 100%.

If Beasley gets traded soon, then I'll start to believe it a little more. I don't see these guys taking a discount to play in Miami.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
If LeBron and Bosh are locks to land in Miami, why would Wade now be visiting Chicago and New York?

There's tons of BS being spewed right now... y'all have to learn to deal with the peaks and valleys.

agreed

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Bosh for Deng and the 2011 #1 pick?

Worth noting...the Bulls have traded their 2010 #1 pick in some fashion. I'm not sure exactly how the rules would work on this trade because it can't be finished until after the draft, but teams are barred from trading away their first round pick in 2 consecutive drafts (Which is where all those swapping-picks deals come from).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I had to look it up.

For Lebron: Bulls are -500, Cavs, Knicks, Nets, +400, Clippers, Heat +1000

Wade: Heat -1000, Knicks +500, Bulls +1000

Bosh: Bulls -500, Heat +400, Knicks +500, Cavs/Rockets/Wizards +1000

As of this morning:

LeBron: Bulls -300, Cavs, Heat +200, Knicks, Nets +700, Clippers, +2000

Wade: Heat -1000, Knicks, +500, Bulls +1000

Bosh: Bulls -300, Heat +200, Knicks, +500, Cavs +1000

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
LeBron won't go to Miami to play with Wade, how many times do I have to say it?

Unless you have some inside information, continuing to say this means nothing. And, really, it's not any more persuasive than the argument that Lebron wouldn't want to play under the shadow of MJ.

Miami has to be intriguing to these guys. Wade, Bosh and Lebron playing for Riley is better than anything else in the league. Problem is, they'd have no one else to rely on. If one of those guys gets hurt, they become a good but not great team. Plus as others have said, they'd all have to take a little less money, which may or may not be a concern, no one knows.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
Unless you have some inside information, continuing to say this means nothing. And, really, it's not any more persuasive than the argument that Lebron wouldn't want to play under the shadow of MJ.

Miami has to be intriguing to these guys. Wade, Bosh and Lebron playing for Riley is better than anything else in the league. Problem is, they'd have no one else to rely on. If one of those guys gets hurt, they become a good but not great team. Plus as others have said, they'd all have to take a little less money, which may or may not be a concern, no one knows.

Yet they also don't pay state income tax in Florida, so on balance taking less salary to play there may not be an issue (if they can set aside the ego hit of not having a max contract).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)

Might not be a concern after all.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-h...0,1501758.story

MIAMI —

A source close to Miami Heat free-agent guard Dwyane Wade has confirmed that in recent days Wade not only has addressed the possibility of playing alongside Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James and Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, but has discussed the financial machinations.

The Sun Sentinel has learned that the three star free agents have gone as far as to acknowledge that it might not be possible for the Heat to clear the needed space to start each of the three at the $16.6 million maximum salary that they would be eligible for in the first year of new contracts.

According to the source, the three have agreed to consider to "split the money up," if need be.

As for one getting injured, it wouldn't mean much. With just Wade leading the way the Heat were a 47 win team. Two superstars would be 50+ wins.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 01:00 AM)
Lebron is obsessed with Michael Jordan and to a lesser degree Kobe Bryant. Yes, he wants to win. But he does not want to win with Wade. Would MJ's legacy be the same if he had won 6 rings with Hakeem Olajuwon? Nope. Kobe had to win a title without Shaq before he entered the realm of all-time greats.

I keep hearing that, but where has that actually been said by LeBron?

Who wants to start a legacy with the Miami Heat? Seriously, the Miami Heat? That is going to be LeBron's Legacy? The same team that retired Michael Jordan's jersey number before any player of their own? If he goes there with Bosh and Wade it will be ridiculously lame. That isn't coming from a scorned Bulls fan, its coming from someone who wouldn't want to watch the NBA become a bigger circus than it already is.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
I keep hearing that, but where has that actually been said by LeBron?

Why would he say he was obsessed with so and so when he wants to create his own legacy?