NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
This is f***ing bulls***. Wasn't the owners locking out the players supposed to prevent this crap? Now we're going to have Lakers/Heat finals for the 3 years. I said when I was young I'd cut my lips off before I became a hockey fan. Hmmmmmmmmm...

What the f*** was the point to the lockout? NBA owners should never have agreed to a deal where it was still the case here you could lose a franchise player do easily. The smaller market owners are completely f***ed unless they get lucky and basically land two young stars at the same time like Oklahoma City.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
This is f***ing bulls***. Wasn't the owners locking out the players supposed to prevent this crap? Now we're going to have Lakers/Heat finals for the 3 years. I said when I was young I'd cut my lips off before I became a hockey fan. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Nope. They made a lot of money off the Heat drama and the new rules encourage player movement.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Seriously, how could this be a lock? How is andrew bynum fair value for the greatest center in basketball? What am I missing?

you are missing that when teams like LA and NY want a player, and that player wants to be in that uniform, wheels get greased. Its just the way it is.

Just look at the bulls*** trade that put Pau in LA

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
you are missing that when teams like LA and NY want a player, and that player wants to be in that uniform, wheels get greased. Its just the way it is.

Just look at the bulls*** trade that put Pau in LA

Exactly. Players rule this league and Dwight has all the power. If he wants to go to LA to form ANOTHER f***ing big 3, he will.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:52 PM)
Didn't CP3 make it clear he wanted to go to te Knicks?

not really. Lakers and Knicks were both in play the whole time. Knicks had to break things up to bring him in. Lakers are breaking the old unit up and (possibly) creating a new big 3. much more attractive

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
admit it, you arent pissed it is happening. you are pissed it isnt happening to the bulls

That's what I was thinking when I was reading the reactions.

If the Bulls traded for Dwight, no one here but Felix would be complaining.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
admit it, you arent pissed it is happening. you are pissed it isnt happening to the bulls

I'm pissed we haven't pulled the trigger on anyone we don't have a roster to win it all an if this all goes down I still don't see how the bulls sign anyone left out there that will push us over the top

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)

Hey, I admitted last year the only reason I 'hated' LeBron was because he didn't pick the Bulls. But with that aside, this is getting stupid. Superstars are just bolting or getting traded for horses*** like it's nothing. Look at Melo last year. The Nets offer was much better than the Knicks. But Melo wanted the Knicks, he's a Knick. What LeBron did to Cleveland changed the game. A GM is not going to risk losing a superstar for nothing. If Bynum and crap is all Otis Smith can get back for Howard, so be it.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)

it does bother me a lot that teams like LA can dump their players at will for seemingly whoever they want and make it work, but if i was a fan i would be stoked. i cant sit here and truthfully say "stupid cba was supposed to stop this!"

i hope dwight falls through so the lakers are unbalanced

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
It's annoying to me that somewhere out there there are legit people who are both Angels and Lakers fans.

I'm an Angel fan; Hate the Lakers though. I am excited to get to watch Pujols a lot. After getting rid of my season seats a few years ago, I'm thinking of getting in on a 20 game plan with a buddy. I'd love to watch a guy like Pujols.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
it does bother me a lot that teams like LA can dump their players at will for seemingly whoever they want and make it work, but if i was a fan i would be stoked. i cant sit here and truthfully say "stupid cba was supposed to stop this!"

i hope dwight falls through so the lakers are unbalanced

Yea, Im not trying to say it's a good system. It's just that most posters on here are just upset that the Bulls can't/aren't taking advantage of it, which is a reasonable reaction considering the position of the Bulls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Hey, I admitted last year the only reason I 'hated' LeBron was because he didn't pick the Bulls. But with that aside, this is getting stupid. Superstars are just bolting or getting traded for horses*** like it's nothing. Look at Melo last year. The Nets offer was much better than the Knicks. But Melo wanted the Knicks, he's a Knick. What LeBron did to Cleveland changed the game. A GM is not going to risk losing a superstar for nothing. If Bynum and crap is all Otis Smith can get back for Howard, so be it.

i just hate lebron for the decision. he is an elite talent, but i cant root for that douche