NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
I don't want to see a Luol Deng-led Bulls team with Carlos Boozer playing the sidekick role. That's 30 wins. Tops.

I really don't see your point. Where would the Mavs be without Dirk? Where would the Lakers be without Kobe? What about the Rockets without Hakeem? What about the early Spurs without Duncan? The Bad Boys without Isaiah?

You can say that about a lot of teams without their stars.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
Cleveland won 19 games last year. 30 wins is considerably better than 19, more than 1.5x better actually. The Bulls wouldnt be as bad as Cleveland.

I meant that as a best case scenario. 30 wins is being generous.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
lol. I'm looking at the roster and it's even less impressive than what I remembered.

Unless you're saying the Bulls' roster is better? Nobody has clarified that.

What? Of course this Bulls' roster is MUCH better than that Sixers' roster.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
I meant that as a best case scenario. 30 wins is being generous.

0_o

They'd probably still have Hinrich so...

Hinrich - Bogans - Deng - Boozer - Noah

Watson - Brewer - Korver - Taj - Asik

That's not a 19 win team. That's probably 30.

Also:

RK	TEAM	OWN	OPP	DIFF	OWN	OPP	OWN	OPP	FT%	OFF	DEF	TOT	OWN	OPP
1	Miami	102.1	94.6	+7.5	.481	.434	.370	.345	.769	.252	.755	.518	13.9	13.2
2	Chicago	98.6	91.3	+7.3	.462	.430	.361	.326	.743	.294	.762	.535	14.2	14.1
3	LA Lakers	101.5	95.4	+6.1	.463	.437	.352	.335	.779	.292	.723	.515	13.1	13.6
4	San Antonio	103.7	98.0	+5.7	.475	.456	.397	.367	.767	.249	.746	.504	13.4	13.4
5	Orlando	99.2	93.7	+5.5	.461	.436	.366	.350	.692	.261	.769	.521	14.9	13.9

Bulls weren't lucky, they were just damn good on defense. Luck is being the Atlanta Hawks (-.8) differential and being a fifth seed.

‎"...Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you." -KG

What the f*** does KG eat?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7...d-training-camp

Nets supposedly coming up with a 4 team trade proposal for Howard and Hedo with Brook Lopez, 1st rounders and a significant piece on the table also.

Since Nene re-signed with the Nuggets (sleeper team this season IMO), they are probably going to focus hard on Howard.

Although I read somewhere today, if the Mavs amnesty Haywood at the end of this season and with Odom's expiring deal (I assume Kidd's deal also finishes at the end of this season), apparently they could have the cap room to sign both Deron Williams and Howard (how that would work I'm not sure).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
Oh my goodness. Again, Rip is awful. He's old, unathletic, can't create a shot for himself or anybody else, and is a hack defensively. He's better than Keith Bogans so that's an upgrade? lol. The Bulls were not 62 wins good last year. Their division was terrible. It might be terrible again. Who knows. They still have nobody to take the scoring/playmaking load off of Rose. They have nobody that commands a double-team inside. Boozer, even when healthy, is a hack defensively. Athletic front-courts eat him for breakfast. And the Knicks now have the best front-court in the east. Even with the Knicks' deficiencies last year, they're a 50+ win team with 'Melo. Amare/Melo should be even better this year now that they've had a chance to mesh some. Tyson Chandler changes everything. Talk about Dirk all you want. Tyson's elite defensively abilities were the difference between last year's Mavs and all the other chocking teams they've had in the past. Their backcourt is not terrible. Fields > Rip. No question there. I can think of a lot worse PGs than Douglas. Knicks, Bulls can go either way. But the Knicks have improved. The Bulls simply haven't.

If bogans replacement is better than bogans, then by definition it is an upgrade.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 04:54 AM)
the Nuggets (sleeper team this season IMO)

I don't really see how this would be possible. They still haven't resigned Afflalo (but I imagine they will), however, Chandler and JR Smith being stuck in China doesn't help anything.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 04:54 AM)
Although I read somewhere today, if the Mavs amnesty Haywood at the end of this season and with Odom's expiring deal (I assume Kidd's deal also finishes at the end of this season), apparently they could have the cap room to sign both Deron Williams and Howard (how that would work I'm not sure).

Not true. Dirk alone is nearly $21 million, Marion is another $8.6 mil. That already takes them below double-max space and they'd still have a few other lesser/cheaper players on the books.

They could easily have room for one or the other though with a number of expiring deals and that amnesty in their pocket. Supposedly that's the main reason they didn't want to spring for Chandler.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
I don't really see how this would be possible. They still haven't resigned Afflalo (but I imagine they will), however, Chandler and JR Smith being stuck in China doesn't help anything.

Yeah, a lineup of Lawson/maybe Afflalo/Gallinari/Harrington I guess/Nene isn't exactly imposing on paper. Their biggest strength post-Melo last year is that they went 2-deep with starting-caliber players at nearly every position. Felton, Chandler, K-Mart and Smith appear to be gone at the moment and their replacements are far less interesting (Miller, Brewer, Fernandez and Faried at the moment).