NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
I can't imagine elite free agents wanting to flock to the Lakers with a 35-year old Kobe as the centerpiece. Their window is closing rather rapidly. The Thunder, Grizzlies and Clippers will be running things in that conference very soon (if not this year).

That second sentence is so weird to read.

But I eagerly await the Lakers decline.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Bob Love came to my grade school! This is the extent of my Bob Love knowledge.

Bob is an awesome dude...I had a friend who was tight with him back in the glory days...he got my friend and I into the Bulls locker room during the 72-10 season...we met MJ and Scottie, and my friend got a paid of Ron Harper's shoes that said 34-3 on them (their record after beating the Pistons that day). He told everyone we were "school kids" he knew from his work with the Bulls, even though we were like 18 at the time :)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't recall Lebron having an exceptionally spectacular series, I recall him having what, 1 game where he won it with some ridiculous shots, then another game which was really won by Bosh, then another game which was really won by Haslam, all of which were really punctuated by the Bulls being unable to do anything remotely resembling a competent offense.

Basically, if Korver could have hit some of the open shots he got on the outside, the Bulls would have taken that series. If Rose would have been smarter about his shot and drive selections, the Bulls could have taken that series. If the Bulls had a competent additional offensive option, the Bulls could have taken that series.

The defense held together pretty darn well, even with LBJ on the opposite side, different guys had to step up just to keep the Heat in the games, but the biggest thing was that the Heat's defense completely clamped down on the Bulls on the interior and mid range jumper game, and the Bulls couldn't spread the floor or make outside shots to take advantage.

I totally agree with this post, Korver missed open 3s after open 3s, if he would've hit a few, it would've opened up the floor for Rose.

Rip is a nice addition but if we get someone like Iguodala, the Bulls can beat the Heat, the Heat are still weak at the PG and C position like last year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
I totally agree with this post, Korver missed open 3s after open 3s, if he would've hit a few, it would've opened up the floor for Rose.

Rip is a nice addition but if we get someone like Iguodala, the Bulls can beat the Heat, the Heat are still weak at the PG and C position like last year.

The Bulls sure don't look like they're anywhere close to getting Iguodala.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Bob is an awesome dude...I had a friend who was tight with him back in the glory days...he got my friend and I into the Bulls locker room during the 72-10 season...we met MJ and Scottie, and my friend got a paid of Ron Harper's shoes that said 34-3 on them (their record after beating the Pistons that day). He told everyone we were "school kids" he knew from his work with the Bulls, even though we were like 18 at the time :)

He's so underrated by Bulls fans.

When my brother asked who my all time Bulls team was for 2k12, he was furious that Dennis Rodman wasn't included (and was a Piston instead) and not the starting Power Forward. He asked what Love did and I said "Well, his number is retired, 2 time all-star 3 time all defensive second team, good scorer for the Bulls."

"Well, you need defense to win! You don't need scoring with Rose, Jordan and Pippen!"

"David, Rodman was better as a Piston. He was only all defense once as a Bull and he wasn't an All-Star"

"He was a defensive player of the year"

"Again, with the Pistons. Not with the Bulls."

"Well Rodman won 3 rings. Bob Love has none."

"Love didn't have Jordan!"

"See, that's the problem with your generation. They don't understand legacies."

Keep in mind, my brother is Ozzie fan #1.

So I'm doing my usual "skeptical about a move before it happens, but then once it happens i convince myself that it will work out and is awesome" moments re: Rip. I'm getting really excited. The more i think about it, the more I think the running around he does on offense will have a fantastic effect for our scoring. I still wish we had gotten ray allen the year previous more, but oh well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
So I'm doing my usual "skeptical about a move before it happens, but then once it happens i convince myself that it will work out and is awesome" moments re: Rip. I'm getting really excited. The more i think about it, the more I think the running around he does on offense will have a fantastic effect for our scoring. I still wish we had gotten ray allen the year previous more, but oh well.

Honestly if we had gotten Ray Allen last year I'm pretty sure we'd he hoisting a banner New Years Day.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Crawford to the Blazers.

Same price as Hamilton...

Can't say that I'm pissed off or anything because Hamilton's a better all-around player, but I'd take Crawford over Korver any day.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Same price as Hamilton...

Can't say that I'm pissed off or anything because Hamilton's a better all-around player, but I'd take Crawford over Korver any day.

He is? They're both one-dimensional. At least Crawford can create his own shot and is a more explosive scorer.

Edited by Jordan4life