NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Cowley did claim he saw Wade's kid in the washroom at the Cell on Saturday afternoon...

Wade was definitely there, he was shown on the big screen and a friend of mine has a picture of him from the game on their facebook page.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Cowley did claim he saw Wade's kid in the washroom at the Cell on Saturday afternoon...

Via Joe Cowley (@cst_sox)- Forget Worldwide Wes, I was just in the bathroom with D Wade's son and nephew ... I know exactly what's going down come July 1.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
well everything probably won't shake out until next week anyway, but some of the reports starting Thursday are going to be priceless, every breath one of those guys take is going to be analyzed and I bet we have a few "false" reports before things are finalized

I know nothing will be decided by Thursday. But I think a lot of the stuff we start hearing then will be MUCH more legitimate than the crap we're hearing now. I mean this is f***ing ridiculous right now. It's sad the kinda world that we live in (i.e. I f***ing hate the internet, especially f***ing Twitter).

But yeah, it's way more believable that LeBron, D-Wade, and Chris Bosh all sat down at a Southbeach restaurant while the whole planet is talking about them, and all these unnamed "sources" were incapable of pulling off a pic with their blackberry's as proof.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Will James have a press conference area with caps on a table?

Then, he can put one on during the conference, like when a high school kid commits to a college school.

This has actually been a very similar process to college recruiting. Lots of made up rumors and people pretending they know where the players are going, when really, nobody knows. Additionally, the players talking to every team to see what they can offer, both in terms of chances to win and money. All kinds of violations of rules, players being run out of town to make room for the better ones, stuff going on under the table, potential package deals for multiple players. It's dirty stuff, and pro fans are seeing what it's like to follow it in college.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
But yeah, it's way more believable that LeBron, D-Wade, and Chris Bosh all sat down at a Southbeach restaurant while the whole planet is talking about them, and all these unnamed "sources" were incapable of pulling off a pic with their blackberry's as proof.

there are ways of doing it in secret. Arrive at different times. Use a private room. Smoke screens of where the press thinks you are.

I'm not saying it actually happened as the time frame doesnt match up, but it is possible.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
It's not as if private jets don't exist and Wade couldn't travel from Chicago to Miami in 2 hours.

Here's the thing. There was a couple reports that this happened MONDAY night, in which case it wouldn't matter where they were FRI-SUN.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
It's not as if private jets don't exist and Wade couldn't travel from Chicago to Miami in 2 hours.

Chicago to Miami is a 3 hour trip, minimum. So even if Wade left the game at 9. He doesnt take off until 10 and LANDS in Miami at 2am Sunday morning (factoring in time change).

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

A certain coach has been meeting with LBJ, has promised to coach if he comes to Miami. Doesn't help the Bulls situation.

http://twitter.com/jgoff670

If that is not tampering by Pat Riley I do not know what is. Also I thought according to Wade Miami was loyal, they seem to have no problem firing good young coaches everytime Pat Riley has the itch to coach.

The more I process this, the more interesting and HIGHLY sceptically I am of the James/Wade/Bosh to Miami story.

• For almost a week it was a "lock" by almost all media sources that James and Bosh were headed to Chicago.
  • At 6am on Monday, Steven A Smith reports James and Bosh are going to team with Wade in Miami.
  • Less than 24 hours later, all of a sudden ESPN jumps on the story and says "me too! We heard it too! It's a lock."
  • ESPN reports the meeting happened on Saturday, when it's a FACT the three where no where near each other, let alone in Miami.
  • Wade's rep says 'you dumbass, he wasnt even in Miami'
It just doesnt pass my smell test.

Updated Cap Numbers:

Here's the latest projection of what each team will have in salary cap space per a source in the NBA who is working off the NBA's projected data, included a $56.1 million cap. NBA teams won't know the actual cap figure until July 7th.

Note: The Heat's projected space assumes that they re-sign Dwyane Wade to a maximum contract

New York Knicks: $34.17 million

New Jersey Nets: $29.99 million

Chicago Bulls: $29.17 million

Miami Heat: $27.13 million

Los Angeles Clippers: $16.83 million

Sacramento Kings: $15.35 million

Minnesota Timberwolves: $13.44 million

Oklahoma City Thunder: $12.33 million

Washington Wizards: $7.18 million