NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Yeah, well, I'm not feeling too good about Hamilton guarding Wade in a playoff series. Even for a little while.

we know, we know, the bulls will regress and everyone else will get better

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
we know, we know, the bulls will regress and everyone else will get better

I mean, how you gonna mock Crawford's D (which I admit is awful) and not recognize that Hamilton's is just as bad? There's no Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Prince, Billups and 2004 rules aiding him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Yeah, well, I'm not feeling too good about Hamilton guarding Wade in a playoff series. Even for a little while.

Thats funny because NBA reporters all day have been talking about how Rip frustrates Wade more than almost any other 2 in the league.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
hahahahahahahaha

lol. Why are you laughing? You even admitted that you didn't want him, but now that he's here, you'll try to make yourself like it. There's a reason guys Vince Carter keep bouncing from team to team. He was good a LONG time ago. He's not anymore. Same thing with Hamilton.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
lol. Why are you laughing? You even admitted that you didn't want him, but now that he's here, you'll try to make yourself like it. There's a reason guys Vince Carter keep bouncing from team to team. He was good a LONG time ago. He's not anymore. Same thing with Hamilton.

Except for the part where Rip didnt bounce from team to team to team. But yea, exactly the same

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Thats funny because NBA reporters all day have been talking about how Rip frustrates Wade more than almost any other 2 in the league.

Well there you have it. The Bulls have found the last piece. The Wade stopper. And who said that by the way? Chris Broussard? lol.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
He is? They're both one-dimensional. At least Crawford can create his own shot and is a more explosive scorer.

There is a difference between creating your own shot and creating your shot while shooting horrendously. Mostly explosive 1 out of every 5 games. And a turnover machine and a ball hog who would probably think he should bring th eball up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
There is a difference between creating your own shot and creating your shot while shooting horrendously. Mostly explosive 1 out of every 5 games. And a turnover machine and a ball hog who would probably think he should bring th eball up.

And he was the 6th man of the year just two years ago. I'm not saying I wanted Crawford. But he'd clearly be a better option than Hamilton.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Well there you have it. The Bulls have found the last piece. The Wade stopper. And who said that by the way? Chris Broussard? lol.

Mike Wallace, KC Johnson and Sam Smith are the ones I remember off of the top of my head.

Just to be clear you are saying your opinion of his defensive abilities on Wade are just that much greater than several NBA reporters?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Mike Wallace, KC Johnson and Sam Smith are the ones I remember off of the top of my head.

Just to be clear you are saying your opinion of his defensive abilities on Wade are just that much greater than several NBA reporters?

And this is when you know you really have nothing to support your case. Well, other than blind homerism. "So you you're saying you know more than NBA reporters?" C'mon. You're better than that I recognize that outside of the miracle that was winning the lottery 4 years ago, this franchise has done next to nothing to put together a legitimate contender. But if you're fine with being the '08-'10 Cavs for the next few years, have at it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
And this is when you know you really have nothing to support your case. Well, other than blind homerism. "So you you're saying you know more than NBA reporters?" C'mon. You're better than that I recognize that outside of the miracle that was winning the lottery 4 years ago, this franchise has done next to nothing to put together a legitimate contender. But if you're fine with being the '08-'10 Cavs for the next few years, have at it.

Whose case am I supporting? I saw several NBA reporters say he frustrates Wade, on the other side of the argument is a guy who is perpetually wrong about all things Bulls on a message board. It would seem you, the outlier, would need to support YOUR case.

I was laughing at you acting like Rip is joining a team that's a significant defensive downgrade from that pistons team. I like rips length on D, I think he'd be fine in Thibs system. And more than that i like how he wears down his opponent on defense by running the equivalent of 5 miles every game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Whose case am I supporting? I saw several NBA reporters say he frustrates Wade, on the other side of the argument is a guy who is perpetually wrong about all things Bulls on a message board. It would seem you, the outlier, would need to support YOUR case.

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't even come with the lame s*** like that. I guess you read something in the paper that suggested Hamilton bothers Wade and now you're running with it. I'm the outlier? No. I'm the non-homer in a sea of homers on THIS board. I don't know how many message boards you frequent besides this one. But trust me. I'm not in the minority when it comes to my views on Richard Hamilton.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't even come with the lame s*** like that. I guess you read something in the paper that suggested Hamilton bothers Wade and now you're running with it. I'm the outlier? No. I'm the non-homer in a sea of homers on THIS board. I don't know how many message boards you frequent besides this one. But trust me. I'm not in the minority when it comes to my views on Richard Hamilton.

So those reporters are in the minority thinking that Hamilton has frustrated Wade in the past? Can you point me to the great sources on other boards that will refute that point please? Thanks in advance for responding to my lame s***.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
So those reporters are in the minority thinking that Hamilton has frustrated Wade in the past? Can you point me to the great sources on other boards that will refute that point please? Thanks in advance for responding to my lame s***.

No, I don't have any precise numbers in front of me. But I can say with confidence Richard Hamilton cannot guard D-Wade. At all.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
No, I don't have any precise numbers in front of me. But I can say with confidence Richard Hamilton cannot guard D-Wade. At all.

Wade hates guarding players that continually run off screens/run off the ball a lot on offense, it bleeds into his offensive game as well. It wears him out.

LMAO @ proclaiming yourself the voice of reason. Noone is calling him the missing piece of the championship puzzle. Most everyone is pretty underwhelmed. At best, people are just trying to be good fans and find the positives. Heck, most articles and so called experts are just as unimpressed and go as far as to say it's a bad fit. Personally, this feels like a Bulls management move. He wasn't even in my top 5 of possible moves/signings. I hope he can help Rose some in the short term, but the search must continue in the next year or 2 for a real number 2 guy if a championship is in the Bulls future, especially when considering the new bcs esque NBA trend...

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
LMAO @ proclaiming yourself the voice of reason. Noone is calling him the missing piece of the championship puzzle. Most everyone is pretty underwhelmed. At best, people are just trying to be good fans and find the positives. Heck, most articles and so called experts are just as unimpressed and go as far as to say it's a bad fit. Personally, this feels like a Bulls management move. He wasn't even in my top 5 of possible moves/signings. I hope he can help Rose some in the short term, but the search must continue in the next year or 2 for a real number 2 guy if a championship is in the Bulls future, especially when considering the new bcs esque NBA trend...

Well, I'm not going to try and dig for positives just because he's here. That's what homers do. If the White Sox sign Yuniesky Betancourt, I'm not going to kill myself to try to make a positive out of it. That would just be awful. And I feel like a team that overachieved and got as close as they did, for Hamilton to be your lone "upgrade," yeah, I'm not feeling that. We saw what happened to LeBron in Cleveland. We see what's happening to Dwight in Orlando. One superstar and blah does not win you titles.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Well, I'm not going to try and dig for positives just because he's here. That's what homers do. If the White Sox sign Yuniesky Betancourt, I'm not going to kill myself to try to make a positive out of it. That would just be awful. And I feel like a team that overachieved and got as close as they did, for Hamilton to be your lone "upgrade," yeah, I'm not feeling that. We saw what happened to LeBron in Cleveland. We see what's happening to Dwight in Orlando. One superstar and blah does not win you titles.

Except last year. In Dallas. Of course.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Please tell me you don't classify Jason Kidd as a roleplayer? He's the second best PG of the last 25 years.

He hasnt been a superstar for about 4 years now, he is 38 years old for chrissakes. GMAFB, Barrea was taking a ton of his minutes in the playoffs and finals too. Dirk carried them to that ring, dont you try and spin that.

You just keep changing your argument, but nobody is surprised, thats what you do.