NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
He hasnt been a superstar for about 4 years now, he is 38 years old for chrissakes. GMAFB, Barrea was taking a ton of his minutes in the playoffs and finals too. Dirk carried them to that ring, dont you try and spin that.

You just keep changing your argument, but nobody is surprised, thats what you do.

Jason Kidd runs the offense, defends elite 1's AND 2's, rebounds better than just about any PG and has developed a nasty 3-point shot. Even if he's not a superstar, he's a lot more than a roleplayer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Jason Kidd runs the offense, defends elite 1's AND 2's, rebounds better than just about any PG and has developed a nasty 3-point shot. Even if he's not a superstar, he's a lot more than a roleplayer.

LMAO ARE YOU SERIOUS??!?!!?

Jason Kidd has never defended anyone. Ever

And I didnt call him a roleplayer, you did since you think everyone besides Rose is a roleplayer on the Bulls. Your definition, not mine

This is like arguing with Skip Bayless, I look forward to whatever you write next because this is seriously hilarious.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
No, I don't have any precise numbers in front of me. But I can say with confidence Richard Hamilton cannot guard D-Wade. At all.

I appreciate your opinion as a fan. Everyone has a different view on things, I just prefer to take that of people who are much closer to the NBA and the players than you are.

You cant help but appreciate the irony in your vote of "confidence" in your declarations since they are happening in this exact thread.

It's 41-41 for the Bulls for the next 5 years.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
You are classifying Jason Kidd at 38 years old as a superstar and we're a joke?

Wrong again. I said you don't win with a superstar and "blah." Blah being a bunch of roleplayers for the most part. Kyle brought up Dallas. I countered with Kidd. He's much, much more than a roleplayer. If you don't agree, well, I don't care.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Wrong again. I said you don't win with a superstar and "blah." Blah being a bunch of roleplayers for the most part. Kyle brought up Dallas. I countered with Kidd. He's much, much more than a roleplayer. If you don't agree, well, I don't care.

You are totally going against your first point though and you cant admit it. Your first point was teams cannot win with 1 superstar. Dallas did. Kidd, no matter how you want to try and paint him as more than just a roleplayer, is not a superstar. 1 Superstar. Dirk. Thats it.

And on the Bulls, Deng Noah and Boozer are more than this lowly roleplayer role you love to slap over the entire Bulls roster save Rose. They might not be superstars, but they arent as bad as you are trying to paint them to make your argument because you are pissed the Bulls didnt land the big fish in the offseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)

He's not much more than a role player. His back is shot, he got up for the playoffs, and hit a miraculous # of 3 pointers. He also gets all the calls from the refs at this point in his career. For most of the season he was a corpse on puppet strings.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
J4L you know I love ya but all you've done the last two yrs in this thread is be completely wrong and you keep trying to shoot down peoples opinions, doesn't work that way bud.

You mean to tell me that say the Bulls didn't have Rose....they wouldn't be salivating over a Kidd for Deng trade right now?!?!?!?!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)

I think youd have more of an argument countering with Terry or Marion over Kidd...All hes got is his leadership now(on a team full of vets so its not really needed) C.J. Watson could have easily put up 8+ and 8+ if he played 35 min a game like kidd did.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
I think youd have more of an argument countering with Terry or Marion over Kidd...All hes got is his leadership now(on a team full of vets so its not really needed) C.J. Watson could have easily put up 8+ and 8+ if he played 35 min a game like kidd did.

Would have gone with Tyson Chandler myself (albeit he was in a contract year).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I mean, how you gonna mock Crawford's D (which I admit is awful) and not recognize that Hamilton's is just as bad? There's no Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Prince, Billups and 2004 rules aiding him.

Hamilton at least knows how to play defense and is capable of fitting well into the Bulls' defensive scheme. I'm not sure I can say the same for Crawford.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Hamilton at least knows how to play defense and is capable of fitting well into the Bulls' defensive scheme. I'm not sure I can say the same for Crawford.

From an outsider's perspective I think there's pluses and minuses for both of them.

In the regular season, I think Rip will be a decent enough fit on both sides of the ball.

Come playoff time though, opposing teams are obviously going to focus on Rose and try to make the other guys on the court beat you. That's where I think Crawford would come in real handy in a series against a Miami or a Boston, he can create his own shot and easily put up 20+ points, and would help lighten the load on Rose.

Rip obviously can't create his own shot, and that's the major difference b/w the 2.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
From an outsider's perspective I think there's pluses and minuses for both of them.

In the regular season, I think Rip will be a decent enough fit on both sides of the ball.

Come playoff time though, opposing teams are obviously going to focus on Rose and try to make the other guys on the court beat you. That's where I think Crawford would come in real handy in a series against a Miami or a Boston, he can create his own shot and easily put up 20+ points, and would help lighten the load on Rose.

Rip obviously can't create his own shot, and that's the major difference b/w the 2.

So you're saying other teams are going to focus on Rose, that's going to leave Rip alone. He'll be able to find an open spot. As long as his body holds up, he'll help the Bulls as much as Crawford if not more in the playoffs because he will play defense. Crawford can score, but he can give it right back on the other end. My only concern is physical. Crawford stands a better chance of holding up IMO. Plus that mask Rip wears bugs me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 06:14 AM)
So you're saying other teams are going to focus on Rose, that's going to leave Rip alone. He'll be able to find an open spot. As long as his body holds up, he'll help the Bulls as much as Crawford if not more in the playoffs because he will play defense. Crawford can score, but he can give it right back on the other end. My only concern is physical. Crawford stands a better chance of holding up IMO. Plus that mask Rip wears bugs me.

I am pretty sure he does that because his nose has been broken so many times that he has to wear it or some serious damage could be done

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 05:00 AM)

Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong, but I'm still not under the impression that Crawford is all that reliable in creating his own shot either, I thought the motivation for him would be that hes' probably a better outside shooter than Hamilton (or certainly more willing to take the outside shot even if it's not advisable). I don't think of Jamal Crawford breaking down a defense on the dribble and then passing away the ball.

If we were debating Rips 2 for 10 v. Richardsons 4 for 25 deal I wouldn't be arguing. But we're talking about Jamal Crawford. A player who CAN hit 20 points but CAN ALSO hit 6 points on 3 for 17 shooting and not thing once (hey this is a bad shot i shouldn't take it), all the while just acting like he's playing defense by looking in circles with his arms spread out.