NBA Offseason Thread

Skip Bayless "I love Derek Rose off the court, but as I sit and listen to you(stephen A smith) break it down, I do not love Derek Rose on the court"

STFU Skip, anything you can say to be the opposite opinion

that literally made my brain hurt. Bayless effectively caused brain damage by talking

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Skip Bayless "I love Derek Rose off the court, but as I sit and listen to you(stephen A smith) break it down, I do not love Derek Rose on the court"

STFU Skip, anything you can say to be the opposite opinion

that literally made my brain hurt. Bayless effectively caused brain damage by talking

You can't listen to the content, you should know that's garbage. But looking at these two bicker back and forth on national TV and the looks on Stephen A Smith's face were totally worth the 5 min.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
You can't listen to the content, you should know that's garbage. But looking at these two bicker back and forth on national TV and the looks on Stephen A Smith's face were totally worth the 5 min.

I know not to listen to them, but I actually liked what SAS said, he was pretty reserved and thoughtful about what he was saying. The looks on his face were awesome when Bayless started talking for sure

Very funny, but Skip makes some good points. He obviously is going overboard because he always plays Devil's Advocate, but he described some of Derrick's faults fairly accurately, and some of my feelings during those last 4 games against the Heat pretty accurately.

Rose isn't Ray Allen from downtown but it's not like he's a brick machine, either. During the season he was hitting those at .332 pretty consistently, really not bad. In the playoffs he lost his legs due to being completely worn out (.248, and it got worse as the playoffs went on) and started bricking.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)

First take has been gold the past few weeks with them debating over tebow. Stephen A's reactions are awesome.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Rose isn't Ray Allen from downtown but it's not like he's a brick machine, either. During the season he was hitting those at .332 pretty consistently, really not bad. In the playoffs he lost his legs due to being completely worn out (.248, and it got worse as the playoffs went on) and started bricking.

And it's because he had that ankle injury.

I've seen enough. The Clippers are a legitimate championship contender. Oh my goodness. Forget about Blake Griffin for a second. What planet is DeAndre Jordan from? How can you be that f***ing athletic at his size? He, IMO, will be the second best C in basketball when it's all said and done. The Clippers are the new Showtime.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 01:23 AM)
I've seen enough. The Clippers are a legitimate championship contender. Oh my goodness. Forget about Blake Griffin for a second. What planet is DeAndre Jordan from? How can you be that f***ing athletic at his size? He, IMO, will be the second best C in basketball when it's all said and done. The Clippers are the new Showtime.

Oy.

I love you J4L, but you are the grass is always greener to the extreme.

(That being said, I think the Clippers will be top 4in the West)

Glen Davis got winded after 20-25 mins of basketball, oh boy.

On another note, I've read some rumors about Eric Gordon not wanting to be in New Orleans (can you blame him), but I don't know how you'd be able to get him out of there currently.

Man, your opinions are just always wrong in this thread.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
Glen Davis got winded after 20-25 mins of basketball, oh boy.

On another note, I've read some rumors about Eric Gordon not wanting to be in New Orleans (can you blame him), but I don't know how you'd be able to get him out of there currently.

Wait until he's a FA because he and Rose have been really good friends since high school.

I have a friend who loves to make bets where he is getting odds. He offered to give me my pick of 4 teams to win the championship this year and he gets the field at 2:1 odds.

1) Is this a good bet for me?

2) If so, do I take the Heat, Bulls, Mavs, and Thunder or is there a team I'm missing?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
I have a friend who loves to make bets where he is getting odds. He offered to give me my pick of 4 teams to win the championship this year and he gets the field at 2:1 odds.

2) If so, do I take the Heat, Bulls, Mavs, and Thunder or is there a team I'm missing?

Take the bet, pick those 4, laugh at your friend in a few months.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)

At 2:1 odds that's stellar. You could maybe make a cases for a team like Memphis, the Lakers if they pull off another steal trade, or the Clippers, but really, those are the top 4.

lol

Vinny Del Negro says hi

DeAndre Jordan, second best C of his generation or all-time?With J4L's infamous hyperbole, can't tell which one. :lolhitting

Two pre-season games is enough bro?

You do know even the post-Jordan 90s and early 2000s Bulls won pre-season games right?