NBA Offseason Thread

I'd like to point out that I have heard MANY MANY reports that Bosh was much more keen on following LeBron than LeBron was on following Bosh. Also, this BS summit report even stated that "LeBron was very noncommittal" in terms of anything.

The Bulls, surprisingly, have prefered to pair JJ with LeBron, and that still remains an extremely likely alternative.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
You're not winning any championships with that team. You'd need a big 3rd move.

Your not guaranteed any championship with that team but its definitely a contender. I would love to get Lebron but the Bulls definitely still have options if he doesnt come to Chicago, although I was also hoping for Bosh too.

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
RealGM boards are saying he reported it on his Twitter.

I am at the point where I am prepared for Boozer and Johnson and I am happy with that.

Well, 3rd or 4th in the East and out in the 2nd round every year is an improvement, and I guess some people might be happy with it if it plays out that way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
I'm still not sold on the Bosh trade to Miami yet even. Do we have any others sources confirming this report?

Just a Miami homer. Nothing from Toronto.

The Raps want Gibson and Noah if they're doing a sign and trade with the Bulls, and obviously the Bulls don't want to give up the latter.

But Miami's willing to do Chalmers + Beasley, and that probably beats say Gibson + something else unless they want Deng which is doubtful while they still have Hedo.

Can Miami still use the MLE if they signed the big 3, and they'd be able to offer the veteran's minimum also I presume. They also drafted 4 guys in the 2nd round that they'll use off the bench next season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
The Raps want Gibson and Noah if they're doing a sign and trade with the Bulls, and obviously the Bulls don't want to give up the latter.

But Miami's willing to do Chalmers + Beasley, and that probably beats say Gibson + something else unless they want Deng which is doubtful while they still have Hedo.

Can Miami still use the MLE if they signed the big 3, and they'd be able to offer the veteran's minimum also I presume. They also drafted 4 guys in the 2nd round that they'll use off the bench next season.

Hedo wants out, Deng could be the perfect FU to Turkeyglue and buy him out.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
Wait, what?

You skipped my like 4 posts stating that I was surprised to hear recently that the Bulls changed their stance on Joe Johnson.

Hell, in the exact post you quoted I added "surprisingly". Give me a break.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
You skipped my like 4 posts stating that I was surprised to hear recently that the Bulls changed their stance on Joe Johnson.

Hell, in the exact post you quoted I added "surprisingly". Give me a break.

Well his quotes are an example of why speaking in absolutes is a really bad idea unless you're truly 100 percent sure.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
Hedo wants out, Deng could be the perfect FU to Turkeyglue and buy him out.

Can't see the Raps buying him out when he's still got 4 years left on his deal.

They'll do everything they can to trade him if they stick with Triano as coach.

Hedo's only done well when he's played under coaches who will light a fire under his ass every once in a while e.g SVG, Popovich and Adelman.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
The reporter (LeBatard). I posted the tweet in the lebron thread.

Gotcha. I've read the tweet. I hope no one else jumps on it.

Bosh had talked within the past 24 hr's with a reporter and said winning is all that matters. Didn't sound like he had made up his decision and Riley is still planning on flying and meeting with other bigs, which makes you think it isn't a done deal. But Riley might also be covering his basis.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Hey, I tried to tell everyone signing Campbell was a mistake!!!!

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65203

Well it probably was still a mistake, and he's definitely still very overpaid. But I still bet you'd have never believed he could be that relevant a player for a Stanley Cup winner. Not that it's a bad thing, I still can't believe he was.

Your point about pressing against the cap in that thread was true too. Dale and the boys weren't listening though I suppose, although when you win a Cup, I guess you ask questions later.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
I don't think the Bulls have the horses to trade for Carmelo.

I think they'd listen to a Noah/Deng/JJ/picks offer. Dont' see why they wouldn't. We might even be able to take on a bad contract.

I also note I hate giving up Noah. We could also try to give them Taj/Deng/JJ/Picks.