NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:00 AM)
I can't believe that drew gooden deal.

that's nothing compared to amir johnson who was really a nobody before this season and probably still is, got a 5 year 34 million contract. Imagine what a guy Tyrus Thomas could get. Really a bad contract by a desperate franchise.

Other bad deals, Rudy gay 5 years 80 mil, and the Joe Johnson deal is outrageous, no way in hell that he deserves 6 year $120 million. That is $20 mil a year for what is really a 13-14 mil guy. That hawks are really screwing themselves in the ass.

The Obama thing as big of a joke as it is in the recruiting of Lebron is interesting in that Obama is young and will be out of politics in 6 years max, loves basketball and will be making stops frequently in Chicago and will become a huge Bulls fan with Lebron.

Just something to think about if you were Lebron.

Whats todays date?...July 2nd...damn I am tired of waiting for all of this because its just going to lead to being pissed off. My sports world has been to good with the Hawks winning a Cup. The elation I had when Cutler came to town along with Peppers. The Sox landing Peavy and Rios last year. I just dont think my sports world has enough room in the glass to fill it with something like a Lebron signing with the Bulls.

It is too good to happen. Its just too much good to actually happen here and now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
I can't say I'm 100000% sure they talked to Bosh, but there is really no other reason why they'd be there with Bosh and Boozer there as well.

Per, the Score that the Bulls held a meeting with Boozer yesterday.

If so, that would explain what Pax and Thibs were doing at the Trump, since KC reported that they didn't meet with Bosh.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
Per, the Score that the Bulls held a meeting with Boozer yesterday.

If so, that would explain what Pax and Thibs were doing at the Trump, since KC reported that they didn't meet with Bosh.

Others are reporting that the Bulls reps did have a very informal half hour conversation with Bosh though. Big pitch is today though!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
haha, yeah, not surprised to hear that, both the pitches are kind of a joke, but especially the 2nd one.

LeBron has to decided which is more important: Win Now, or More Money and Win Later.

Win Now = Chicago

More Money and Win Later = Clippers

Someone please smack me in the face and help me regain my senses. My logical brain says there's no way LeBron goes to the Nets (crap team, but powerful owner) or Miami (it would never be "his team") and that the only real teams he is interested in at the Cavs and Bulls. But, my irrational brain says he goes to the Nets for the money or Miami to win like 10 rings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
Pat Riley seems awful confident that LeBron is going to Miami, it seems. He's been going around telling power forwards that if they come to Miami, they'll get to play with LBJ and Wade.

it could also be one of those things where LBJ's people told Miami that they need a power forward in place before he even considers it, so Riley is trying to get that locked down.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
@PDcavsinsider- Here's what I hear from yesterday: LeBron interested in Nets pitch but not so much NY. NY trying at moment to secure Amare' to help cause

The Knicks will probably end up with Amare and Tyrus Thomas at this rate.

Although it wouldn't suprise if they ended up making a big offer to a player such as Raymond Felton as well.

The Warrick still probably is overpaying a little IMO, but you can't complain too much really. Brandon Bass got a 4/16 deal from us last off-season.

I assume he'll start at PF with Frye coming off the bench again though.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
@NYPost_Berman - Looks like Wade's people are filming a documentary on his free-agency. He stepped out of black van with camera crew.

Bucher is reporting that Bosh is the one filming the documentary of the process. Says Reinsdorf is somewhat put off by this.

He also says the Bulls want to know an answer from LeBron tomorrow because they want to move quickly.

The more I read about the Nets new owner, the more I believe Lebron could end up there.

A 45-year old jet-setting self-made billionaire... with a personal net worth that might be greater than most (or all) of the other NBA owners combined? I could picture his sales pitch on how to take Lebron global and help him join the billionaire boys club might be too tempting to say no.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
Bucher is reporting that Bosh is the one filming the documentary of the process. Says Reinsdorf is somewhat put off by this.

Yea, that seems like a Bosh thing more than a Wade thing. Bosh really comes off as being very self-centered to me/

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
He also says the Bulls want to know an answer from LeBron tomorrow because they want to move quickly.

LeBron will make his decision on Sunday (that's my guess). Reportedly he wants to have a choice by Monday.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
The more I read about the Nets new owner, the more I believe Lebron could end up there.

A 45-year old jet-setting self-made billionaire... with a personal net worth that might be greater than most (or all) of the other NBA owners combined? I could picture his sales pitch on how to take Lebron global and help him join the billionaire boys club might be too tempting to say no.

I think this process is going to show us a lot about what Lebron thinks is important

Cavs - loyalty

Bulls/Heat - winning

Nets/Knicks/Clips- money

it could also work against him since the owner would always be the alpha dog when it came to money at jet setting

I have a policy: Never trust a Russian.