NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Bernsie just said apparently there is some mumblings about the Raptors being willing to take Deng (plus probably picks and other players) for Bosh and Hedo Turkoglu.

Well, that seems like a good backup plan in case James says no. We get ourselves a decent outside shooter and Bosh.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Just my thoughts: I dont think the BUlls go after Bosh unless they have LeBron.

Oh, I know. But I'm just saying, if no LeBron, then I would definitely take Bosh and Turkoglu.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Oh, I know. But I'm just saying, if no LeBron, then I would definitely take Bosh and Turkoglu.

And you have money left our for solid role players, or maybe another shooter like Ray Allen or Mike Miller or JJ Redick.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
And you have money left our for solid role players, or maybe another shooter like Ray Allen or Mike Miller or JJ Redick.

with ray allen, mike miller or reddick along with hedo at the wing, that combination would be disastrous, no physical defenders, no athleticism, and no slashers. who is going to take the defensive load off of Rose?

I will say no to Hedo and rather have deng instead, and sign Ray allen or mike miller.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
with ray allen, mike miller or reddick along with hedo at the wing, that combination would be disastrous, no physical defenders, no athleticism, and no slashers. who is going to take the defensive load off of Rose?

I will say no to Hedo and rather have deng instead, and sign Ray allen or mike miller.

Well its definitely not the preferable scenario.

@LeBrontoChicago - Sources: Bulls Have Carlos Boozer locked up if they want him! Link To come!

The Link

I've been told the meeting between the Bulls and Boozer went well and that the Bulls have Carlos Boozer locked up if they want him. Whether they move forward will be based on the results of their meetings with Bosh and Lee tonight and whether they want to enter their meeting with LeBron with Boozer or Lee locked up for sure to enter with a shot at Bosh still.

It's also possible [my own theorizing] that they could go into the meeting with Boozer virtually locked up and present their team to LeBron based on different contingencies.

I throw this out there with the typical "grain of salt" caveat. When news filters down to a small time reporter like me you should always be suspicious, so let's not go nuts with the "Doug said this and Doug wouldn't lie".

No, I wouldn't lie, but we've all played "telephone" and I'm not talking to Boozer or Gar Forman here, so you never know how this stuff can alter as it gets filtered by the time it reaches me.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
Who the hell is LebrontoChicago

That's just the sendlebrontochicago.com guy tweeting a link he's not actually reporting it. That guy is rangercal too btw.

But the guy reporting it is Doug Thomas who is some big shot at the realgm forums, they love him there and I believe he has broken stories in the past.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
@LeBrontoChicago - Sources: Bulls Have Carlos Boozer locked up if they want him! Link To come!

The Link

That's good to know. At this point, with Bosh trying to make nothing but money and Amare going to NY for a max deal, Boozer makes the most sense since he won't get a max and we would still have room for LeBron.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
B&B are speculating the Bulls want to have a PF committed before they present to LeBron.

Which is the smartest thing to do. "Alright Lebron, here it is, we've got Rose, Boozer and Noah. We've got your max money. We've got the city of Chicago. We've got you being the #1 man for the rest of your life. Sign here please..."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
WOW!!

@IraHeatBeat - Potentially staggering news, Dwyane Wade is poised to meet again tonight with the Bulls, likely in the presence of his agent.

What the.....

Unless Wade knows Lebron is staying in Cleveland and him and Bosh both realize that they can win multiple titles easier in Chicago.