NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
I hate Boozer's game, so hopefully he's not the big acquisition.

I actually prefer David Lee to Boozer in all honesty (Thibo will improve his defense not to mention guarding 4s instead of 5s will help) but I don't mind Boozer. Love D-Will, but alot of his assist were from simple P&R with Boozer going to the basket, getting and-1s most of the time too with his strength.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
They can't afford everyone.

I would think (or hope) Boozer isn't getting a max contract.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
I actually prefer David Lee to Boozer in all honesty (Thibo will improve his defense not to mention guarding 4s instead of 5s will help) but I don't mind Boozer. Love D-Will, but alot of his assist were from simple P&R with Boozer going to the basket, getting and ones most of the time too with his strength.

I prefer Lee as well, as I hate Boozer's lack of passing. Like I said, as long as the Bulls bring in LBJ or Wade, then the signing is good.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
I hope Wade isn't just f***ing with us more to foil our plans...

Well LeBron won't meet with us till tomorrow anyways, but ya some sources say that he is just trying to give out false hope to teams. There was another report though from a FA camp (can't remember) that they want Wade to actually commit to Miami and stop doing interviews if he is serious about staying. I'll say this though, we are the only team he will meet one than once to interview, hometown or not.

Edited by SoxAce

Just saw these comments from fans on Chicago Breaking Sports.

I have no idea whether this is just typical fan bs or whether there is something going on.

Jeff on July 2, 2010 4:15 PM

He is going to the Heat. 3 year deal for the max salary each year. Details will start trickling out any time now, but this is a done deal.

Craig on July 2, 2010 4:13 PM

I'm not sure if it's official but it sure sounds like it's close on LBJ going to the Heat. If so, this is a major miscalculation by the Bulls thinking he was waiting until Saturday just to go through the motions with the other teams.

BigD on July 2, 2010 4:01 PM

I just heard on the radio that James is going to Miami, no contract details yet but they think it's just 3 years.

Will Montana on July 2, 2010 3:57 PM

ESPN is reporting that James is signing with the Heat,they say it's a done deal pending physical.......

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)

I have no idea whether this is just typical fan bs or whether there is something going on.

He is going to the Heat. 3 year deal for the max salary each year. Details will start trickling out any time now, but this is a done deal.

I'm not sure if it's official but it sure sounds like it's close on LBJ going to the Heat. If so, this is a major miscalculation by the Bulls thinking he was waiting until Saturday just to go through the motions with the other teams.

I just heard on the radio that James is going to Miami, no contract details yet but they think it's just 3 years.

ESPN is reporting that James is signing with the Heat,they say it's a done deal pending physical.......

Oh boy...why on earth would Wade be meeting with us tonight then....

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)

I wonder if Wade would bolt to his hometown then... LeBron will be the man for Miami and he'll get Bosh. (Wade and Boozer here) This will suck more-so for Cleveland though.

Alright let me stop with the thinking and all the bulls*** until stuff becomes final.

If LeBron really does go to Miami, someone look out for Steve on suicide watch BTW... and internal RIPPING from soxtalk.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
That's just the sendlebrontochicago.com guy tweeting a link he's not actually reporting it. That guy is rangercal too btw.

But the guy reporting it is Doug Thomas who is some big shot at the realgm forums, they love him there and I believe he has broken stories in the past.

I’m not on Real Gm but I follow it pretty closely and Thonus is on the level. If he’s heard this there’s either something behind it or he’s being mislead. He wouldn’t lie.

Wouldnt a 3 year deal be the exact opposite of what everyone believes?

I thought that the free agents wanted max deals for 5-6 years because the CBA could possibly lower the max contract amount.

If Lebron signs for 3, he could be leaving a ton of money on the table.

With the big deal about loyalty, I'm not even talking about the Bulls... I can't see LeBron bolting to another team BEFORE meeting with Cleveland, even if its for the final time.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
dwadeofficial: Imma start a website called What little do they know.com..l2ms

hmm i wonder what he is meaning by this

You can speculate that in a 1,000 ways.

Edited by SoxAce

What would people think if the Bulls were able to get Wade/Bosh?

Maybe both of them being here and seeing how bad the Bulls want to win, have made them consider both going here? Also could Wade possibly be thinking that Wade + Bosh + Heat roster wouldnt compete with Lebron + Boozer + Bulls roster? Or different variations?

They cant all win.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
With the big deal about loyalty, I'm not even talking about the Bulls... I can't see LeBron bolting to another team BEFORE meeting with Cleveland, even if its for the final time.

B & B are making it sound like now the bulls will be last tomorrow, even after the Cavs.

Anyone pick up the story, it was eluded to on the radio but didn't hear the whole thing, something about Riley's presentation to Lebron and showing him championship rings, they made it sound like Wade didn't like it and didn't think it was enough

Edited by SoxFan562004