NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
f***ing huge. If we could land Wade, I'd say screw it and land him and Bosh. At this point I don't want to get shut out.

I'm giddy. I want LBJ, but I'll take Wade and Boozer/Bosh/Lee.

I agree with that, if after the 2nd meeting tonight they can guarantee wade and bosh, you do it and move on

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
B & B are making it sound like now the bulls will be last tomorrow, even after the Cavs.

Anyone pick up the story, it was eluded to on the radio but didn't hear the whole thing, something about Riley's presentation to Lebron and showing him championship rings, they made it sound like Wade didn't like it and didn't think it was enough

They will.

It sounds like the Bulls are talking about trying to get LBJ/Wade on the same team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Hmm do you think that some how Wade is now pissed at Miami that they arent making him the man and are more concerned about getting Lebron?

I heard it's more about Amare going to NYK, he's pissed that it fell through...

Jason Goff also reporting that Noah was a sticking point with a sign and trade to the Raptors, but that is no longer the case.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
Wojo from Yahoo is reporting that Wade is really intrigued by Chicago and possible partnership with Lebron in Chicago.

There is also a report from Wallace saying Wade is using us as leverage with the second meeting to get Miami to sign LeBron soon.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
There is also a report from Wallace saying Wade is using us as leverage with the second meeting to get Miami to sign LeBron soon.

except it's comparing slot to slot, at this point Miami can't do a ton more to convince LBJ to sign quicker, especially since it sounds like the Bosh/Wade/LBJ thing in Miami seems highly unlikely know and I don't think signing Boozer would speed it up.

It sounds like the Amare thing really screwed everything up and this is all fluid more than before

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
except it's comparing slot to slot, at this point Miami can't do a ton more to convince LBJ to sign quicker, especially since it sounds like the Bosh/Wade/LBJ thing in Miami seems highly unlikely know and I don't think signing Boozer would speed it up.

I'm sure Wade will be perfectly fine of Bosh goes there instead. I can't all 3 going there however.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)

That makes no sense. Why would Miami need any additional pressure to sign Lebron. It isn't really in there hands.

And who is Wallace?

I still think Wade stays, but I am excited about Noah no longer being a sticking point in a S&T. I'm curious to see what the news will be after the Bulls meet with Wade/Bosh. Do they Bulls have some hush hush deal to move Deng and create even more cap space?

Jason Goff on Facebook: "From the talks I've have had, this thing is getting ready to get crazy! Noah was the sticking point for a Toronto sign and trade; no longer a sticking point. D-Wade is unhappy that the guy he wanted to play with (Amare Stoudemire) is going elsewhere."

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
The Milicic domino has already fallen. I just don't see what's so interesting about the rest of this process.

I can't tell you how dissapointed i am that Gay didn't go to Wolves. I really thought they'd have something good going with some Gay-Johnson-Love-Sessions.