NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
I can't tell you how dissapointed i am that Gay didn't go to Wolves. I really thought they'd have something good going with some Gay-Johnson-Love-Sessions.

That is epic right there.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
any chance the wade meeting takes place during the bosh meeting with the bulls today and they both agree right there and then?

Highly doubt it. I still have no idea how all of this will play out, but earlier today I felt like Lebron was our only hope at a title and I don't know how likely that is, now it seems like the picture opened up a bit more. But still lots of time between now and when the guys can ink deals.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
I can't tell you how dissapointed i am that Gay didn't go to Wolves. I really thought they'd have something good going with some Gay-Johnson-Love-Sessions.

POTY

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Highly doubt it. I still have no idea how all of this will play out, but earlier today I felt like Lebron was our only hope at a title and I don't know how likely that is, now it seems like the picture opened up a bit more. But still lots of time between now and when the guys can ink deals.

the only reason i say that is bosh/wade have the same agent.....wade is meeting the bulls tonight with the agent it just makes sense to me

im being hopeful....i say if you can get commitments from both of them then you do the guarenteed thing

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)

You and Heads are money today in this thread.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)

I wonder if that Pietras + Gortat has legs... no wait.. they said "clear more cap space" no nevermind.

And in that I noticed this...

Still, Wade and free agent forward Chris Bosh(notes) are closely connected and even without James, Wade is considering a Chicago partnership with Bosh.

Now THIS is what I can easily see being done.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I wonder if that Pietras + Gortat has legs...

And in that I noticed this...

Now THIS is what I can easily see being done.

I don't get it, in that scenario both guys lose money, most likely. However, they would both have far superior rosters.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
There is also a report from Wallace saying Wade is using us as leverage with the second meeting to get Miami to sign LeBron soon.

But this makes no sense. Miami wants to sign Lebron and I'm sure either have or will offer him the maximum amount they can offer him. Wade doesn't have to pressure Riley on that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
But this makes no sense. Miami wants to sign Lebron and I'm sure either have or will offer him the maximum amount they can offer him. Wade doesn't have to pressure Riley on that.

spot on with that, Miami can't do any more at this point... I think I'm summing up Wojornowski (sp?) correctly about the Wade thing, basically with it looking like Amare opting for the NYK he got mad at the Heat for not doing enough and realized he could get stuck in Miami with absolutely nothing, if he signs with Chicago he is automatically on a better team and then LBJ or Bosh could come and make it crazy strong, Wade may be looking at a power play here.