NBA Offseason Thread

I think the Bulls may some how found themselves in the drivers seat. As gloomy as things looked, I feel like today Bosh, Wade realized that they could go to the Bulls and be contenders faster than in Miami.

If they start to feel that the Bulls could get Lebron/ another player, Wade/Bosh in Miami may just be the NY Knicks when Jordan was with the Bulls. Close, but not good enough.

Not all of them can be on the winning team, and maybe they are starting to feel that the Bulls + 2 superstars is the winning team regardless of who those 2 are.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
Am I an idiot if I'd be disappointed if we ended up with Wade instead of Lebron?

I think Rose + LBJ and Bosh makes a lot more sense than Rose + Wade and Bosh. So no you're not an idiot. . . . but option B is better than I could have ever imagined 2 months ago so I wont complain.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
it kind of depends, what if at 9pm tonight the Bulls can guarantee Bosh and Wade or still be up in the air with LBJ

I know. You're right. I don't understand it. Wade is one of the top 5 players in the league. Yet I'd be bummed if we lose out on Lebron.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
I think the Bulls may some how found themselves in the drivers seat. As gloomy as things looked, I feel like today Bosh, Wade realized that they could go to the Bulls and be contenders faster than in Miami.

If they start to feel that the Bulls could get Lebron/ another player, Wade/Bosh in Miami may just be the NY Knicks when Jordan was with the Bulls. Close, but not good enough.

Not all of them can be on the winning team, and maybe they are starting to feel that the Bulls + 2 superstars is the winning team regardless of who those 2 are.

The only thing that is preventing me from agreeing with this is that they all can get more money with their own teams and realistically you can probably only see the Raptors agreeing to a sign and trade to alleviate that.

With that said, it seems like the roster of Noah/Rose in place is showing to be the most intriguing, there's no other moving parts necessary to have those two guys in place

OK, I will just type the B & B recap of today's for those behind:

Amare to the Knicks

Bulls secured the final meeting with LBJ

Wade really was pissed and it screwed everything up with Amare to the Knicks

Bulls are going to push the LBJ and Wade thing

that's their recap, I know there are cap numbers and moves that would have to be made for scenarios to work, but looks like Amare taking a deal with NYK spun everything off

The other thing to think of, if LBJ went to Miami, it would be Wade's team. If they really want to play together, and who knows if thats really true or not, the best way is with a new team for each of them.

I'm not going to get too excited yet. I just hope the Bulls sign 2 of these top guys. Any two will do, and if the others don't join forces somewhere, the guys that signed with the Bulls are going to be doing all of the winning the next several years

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
chadfordinsider I've confirmed the Wade-Bulls meeting tonight. Source believes Wade is leaning toward joining Bulls ... Link coming

oh snap!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Can't........ jizz........ just....... yet.......

Just a little tidbit about the Amare thing, I did hear out here on the Vegas ESPN affiliate that Amare changed his cell to a Miami area code earlier this week. So maybe it's true that Wade AND Amare expected him to be in Miami and Miami just couldn't commit this early, so Amare said screw it...

I thought the cell phone thing was lame at the time, but now it kind of makes sense...

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
chadfordinsider I've confirmed the Wade-Bulls meeting tonight. Source believes Wade is leaning toward joining Bulls ... Link coming

oh snap!

The catalyst for this entire offseason is none other than Taj Gibson. As soon as he proved that he could be a serviceable NBA player, the priorities of this organization shifted. A decent four around Rose and Noah made this roster so much more appealing.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
The catalyst for this entire offseason is none other than Taj Gibson. As soon as he proved that he could be a serviceable NBA player, the priorities of this organization shifted. A decent four around Rose and Noah made this roster so much more appealing.

exactly, and that's why the drumbeat about the Bulls was constant all year because they have the best in place roster

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)

Yes, the Bulls have drafted quite well the last few years. That Deng contract still makes me want to hurt small animals, though. He's a solid player. But damn he's overpaid.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
miami has got to be crapping themselves with setting up for 3 max contracts and now possibly not getting any of those 3

There's people who followed numbers better than me, but I don't think they really did, I think they had to trade Beasley which never happened, again, so much info I could be wrong

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Yes, the Bulls have drafted quite well the last few years. That Deng contract still makes me want to hurt small animals, though. He's a solid player. But damn he's overpaid.

The thing is… after the Gay and Johnson max deals, Deng’s deal has started to look much better to teams around the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
I think Wade is more surprised about the interest between him and the Bulls than anyone else. As of 2 weeks ago, he wasn't even considering it. As of 2 years ago, he wasn't even considering it!!

It always seemed to me like Wade and Bosh were the targets prior to the playoff series with the Cavs, where Lebron on the Bulls became more then just a distant wet dream. Coupled with the "Loyalty" debacle, people just fell out of love with D-Wade.