NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
OK, I will just type the B & B recap of today's for those behind:

Amare to the Knicks

Bulls secured the final meeting with LBJ

Wade really was pissed and it screwed everything up with Amare to the Knicks

Bulls are going to push the LBJ and Wade thing

that's their recap, I know there are cap numbers and moves that would have to be made for scenarios to work, but looks like Amare taking a deal with NYK spun everything off

Thanks I needed this, I knew about Wade but I missed the part about the final meeting with LBJ.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
Will somebody explain to me how on earth Wade/Lebron/Rose would work together?

you make it work, I am usually not that type of person when it comes to looking at sports, but you make it work, or you trade Rose for another piece

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)

How wouldn't it? I tried to start typing it but I can't because I don't want to get too excited about the possibility.

Short version: extreme matchup problems. Ridiculous athleticism, all 3 players can drive the lane, devastating outside shooting (though not necessarily threes) would take the pressure off the lane

No I know what your talking about. Not the PG/SF/SG answer, they would all have to do what Pierce/Garnett/Allen did with one basketball. Sacrifice individual success to win like Rose said.

Wade could easily get over the what he's going through with the Heat now, but I really think with Amare "down the road" with the Knicks is he realized all the talk about what teams can or will do down the line means nothing and the Bulls right now have the most attractive roster

I understand they are all ball dominating driving threats but I think Rose would back off and dish a little more in that scenario. Also, you'd have LBJ and Wade so who cares?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
lol. I know what positions they would play. But how the hell would they be able to share the rock? Lebron/Wade are two of the most ball-dominant players in the league. And last I checked Rose handled the rock quite a bit.

Again, they could trade Rose at that point

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Again, they could trade Rose at that point

No, Rose can develop into a true PG, similar to Rondo. (except actually make a jump shot when counted on)

I'm sure Rose would have no problem going 15/15 a night.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
No I know what your talking about. Not the PG/SF/SG answer, they would all have to do what Pierce/Garnett/Allen did with one basketball. Sacrifice individual success to win like Rose said.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. If Lebron and Wade both think they're getting 30 a night they're crazy. And I would be a tad worried about stunting the growth of Rose, who I think can be every bit as good if not better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams. With that said, I seriously doubt this happens.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
No, Rose can develop into a true PG, similar to Rondo. (except actually make a jump shot when counted on)

I'm sure Rose would have no problem going 15/15 a night.

yeah, I was kind of quick on typing that, I don't think they SHOULD trade Rose, but if for some reason they really don't think it can work they're not stuck