NBA Offseason Thread

now there's conflicting reports about the Wade meeting, it is confirmed, but Casey Johnson said the contact was received by Wade enthusiastically and B & B just reported a conflicting report, sorry didn't catch the name, but a veteran NBA guy said Wade's is doing is at courtesy, it fits wouldn't fit his personality to turn a request like that down.

Just saw this at realgm.

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.

James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../#ixzz0sZHLMAoU

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Just saw this at realgm.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../#ixzz0sZHLMAoU

not a shock, the reports of their two "options" were really a complete joke, this is why I think they moved so strongly on Amare, they are going to get screwed, but at least they can have a press conference with a guy... may sound silly, but that's really the point it got to for them

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
Reports say Amar'e is trying to talk to a FA player to join him in New York. Don't know who though, but it isn't the big 3 supposedly.

that's the Knick's best option at this point, not a great one, but they need to see if they can scrounge something out of this, because it looks like they are out of contention for any of the other impact guys

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
that's the Knick's best option at this point, not a great one, but they need to see if they can scrounge something out of this, because it looks like they are out of contention for any of the other impact guys

The Knicks might be able to make a play at Boozer or Bosh, if they get left out of the Bulls Holy Crap extravaganza. The problem is they'd be playing nearly everone small and out of position.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

Damn things are changing quick.

there's a ton of conflicting reports on this meeting, I've heard the bulls made the initial contact for the 2nd meeting, this says Wade did and heard he's doing it out of courtesy and heard he's enthusiastic about it...

If he doesn't leave the Berto center signed he will likely go back to Miami, but wow what an intriguing option to have tonight

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
Dude, I cannot f***ing take this.

Seriously. I just want to wake up tomorrow and take my chances, but I don't want to miss anything tonight potentially. :D I'll say this though, IF Wade or LeBron (or both) or Bosh sign, this will make this week much better for me personally and my buddy sitting in the hospital who is a Bulls fan.

No one knows for sure, but it seems like something happened that makes Miami not in the picture and maybe Wade is worried if he doesnt leave Miami, he goes back with no other superstar and will be stuck there for 5-6 years in a s***ty sports town on a s***ty sports team.

That would have to change his perspective.

It probably also helps that he has been in Chicago this week and maybe has realized how much easier his life will be if he lives here. I mean just Wade to the Bulls is a hell of a lot better for him than going back to Miami alone.