NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Well, only reason I bring it up is if the reporters who said that a lot of stuff had already been decided were right, than it would be a pretty big slap in the face if a team diverged significanlty from that path.

I happened to not be of the approach that everything had been completely decided. I Think guys had ideas but once pitches actually happened everything changed. Plus certain teams ownership stepped up and add that with fear and everything changed.

There is so much BS information out every minute, I would be surprised its an issue. Lebron will know the Bulls really want him, but he can always say no. They have to have their ducks lined up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
I thought Wade wanted Lebron and Bosh. Why would missing out on Amare cause him to flee? Heat meeting with David Lee tonight.

I don't think that was ever realistic in Miami. It's probably not realistic in chi either but the supporting cast is way better in Chicago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
ChiTribuneLive

We know that Bulls had a 5pm meeting with Wade, that Bosh arrived approx 630 with Wade still there, Bosh left approx 715 to likely have a meeting with at the United Center with Bulls

well that's interesting, sounds like maybe Bosh was trying to stir it up and see if he could get something with Wade locked down

It sounds like the Bulls met with Wade at the offices, Bosh arrived at some point to grab his agent for the meeting with the Bulls. Now you have to figure out whether the Bulls chatted with both or if our reps had already headed back to the UC for our next presentation.

I'll take back my b****ing, seems like the Trib/CSN is on top of it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 12:48 AM)
It sounds like the Bulls met with Wade at the offices, Bosh arrived at some point to grab his agent for the meeting with the Bulls. Now you have to figure out whether the Bulls chatted with both or if our reps had already headed back to the UC for our next presentation.

Yes and no...CSN made it seem like they were all meeting with the Bulls at the same time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Yes and no...CSN made it seem like they were all meeting with the Bulls at the same time.

Its all cookie, at least it was close to accurate, lol.

Tribune Live is reporting that Bosh has arrived @ UC.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)

they share the same agent, so there could be a possibility both of them meet with the bulls together.

looks like it gonna be Bosh and Wade in Chicago and Lebron staying in Cleveland.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
they share the same agent, so there could be a possibility both of them meet with the bulls together.

looks like it gonna be Bosh and Wade in Chicago and Lebron staying in Cleveland.

Although I prefer LBJ over Wade, I would do an Irish jig if this scenerio occurred, and the Bulls would be favored in the East for at least 5 years.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)

that's getting way ahead of ourselves IMO... I think what happened was Wade realized today that Miami may not get anyone else to go there, he met with the Bulls, it went well just reinforcing that the Bulls roster is already good and he would have a good supporting cast with zero extra moves being made, the Bulls asked for a second meeting and he agreed.

I can't see anything bad coming from the second meeting, say tomorrow Lebron tells JR that he's staying with Cle and Bosh tells Wade he doesn't think Miami with just him and Wade can build a great roster... then maybe you get Bosh and Wade early next week.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Ahh yeah, that's right. One of the dudes was just on ESPNEWS, and he basically made it sound like Wade is not even thinking about leaving, and he's doing the extra meetings to be nice.

all these Heat guys who are saying he isn't leaving better start connecting some dots on other players going there, because he isn't going to stay if they don't get another quality player.

JJ looks like he's staying in ATL and Amare likely to NYK, I could easily see Bosh telling Wade he's not going with him to Miami for less money if the Raptors and Bulls can work out a sign and trade and he can get max money with the Bulls, then Wade is stuck on a depleted roster.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
LeBatardShow: If you r ok with wade-lebron in adopted hometown don't you have to be ok with wade choosing it in actual hometown? Screw logic and fairness!

Wade's divorce attorneys may have told him that his custody will be a ton better with him in Chicago, actually I'm sure they have told him that, and that could weigh on him. With home games in their hometown he could actually have a family member live in his house and watch them and they could be there a lot. With the way the NBA schedule goes it could be a lot easier on him to spend X-mas, etc with his kids if he's here

Edited by SoxFan562004

PDcavsinsider: Several execs I've talked to doubt Wade to Chicago noise. Most still say follow money, most money in Miami.

i don't think money is an issue for wade...he has said over and over again that he wants to win and if the heat can't bring in some help he's gone

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
PDcavsinsider: Several execs I've talked to doubt Wade to Chicago noise. Most still say follow money, most money in Miami.

i don't think money is an issue for wade...he has said over and over again that he wants to win and if the heat can't bring in some help he's gone

agreed, because with the cap, even in Miami, elite NBA players make more off endorsements, and in Miami with no supporting cast, while still a great player, Wade would become kind of irrelevant

I'm not sure anything reported by any hometown reporter in any city can be believed right now. It's all so incredibly biased for each city. But the national guys have proven to be errant too. It's not really that much different than it was pre July 1, lots of s*** slinging.

The Miami Heat star on Friday wrapped up his second meeting in as many days with the Chicago Bulls, who are clearly intrigued with the possibility of landing the free agent guard.

Wade says the meeting, which lasted 2½ hours, was mutually agreed upon. He said: "Things are getting very interesting," but shrugged when asked if the Bulls had made him an offer.

Asked if LeBron James will have any influence on what he does, Wade said the two stars will "make our own decisions." The Bulls make their pitch to James on Saturday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1359396...ery-interesting

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)

The most money for DWade is not in Miami. Maybe in salary yes, but the difference in market size is enormous.