NBA Offseason Thread

This all reminds me so much of a person in a relationship "taking a break" to see if they are still desirable to others, then ultimately returning to what is familiar and comfortable.

LBJ back to Cleveland

Wade back to Miami

Bosh to ???

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)
I feel like Tuesday will be the big day

I'll say Monday, right after July 4th, but I feel it is going to be even crazier tomorrow (or technically today) after LeBron finishes his meeting with Cleveland and us.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:13 AM)
I'll say Monday, right after July 4th, but I feel it is going to be even crazier tomorrow (or technically today) after LeBron finishes his meeting with Cleveland and us.

Yeah, I feel like LeBron will meet with the Cavs and us and won't really say much....and then everyone will just be waiting on him...

Cleveland is planning a parade of fans outside of the building LeBron has been holding his meetings at. I really hope he doesn't get all sentimental and make an emotional decision before we even get in there to meet with him...

Edited by iamshack

If Bosh and Wade are teaming up, there is a better chance of it happening here than Miami since Amar'e isn't going down there and neither is LeBron, plus Noah and Rose are already here and Miami is depleted. At least that's my opinion on the subject. I just hope if the Bulls have a real shot at those two, they take them and don't look back. Don't get caught waiting for LeBron and ending up empty handed because odds are he's not coming here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:29 AM)
Cleveland is planning a parade of fans outside of the building LeBron has been holding his meetings at. I really hope he doesn't get all sentimental and make an emotional decision before we even get in there to meet with him...

I like how they're basically trying to guilt him into staying.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:29 AM)

There is no way Lebron doesnt meet with the Bulls after all of this especially if some people are saying the only two presentations he cares about were the cavs and bulls, and since we are going last we can get rid of the sentimental stuff hopefully before he makes his decision.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
I like how they're basically trying to guilt him into staying.

They kind of have to. There is literally NO reason for him to stay there other than the extra money they can offer in the contract, which he could more than make up for off the court in a place like Chicago or the NY/NJ area or even Miami.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:41 AM)
It means he's done with his meetings for now and hes going to get some rest :)

haha and yes David Lee's lady friend is super hot.

Is he still going out with Sabina Gadecki?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Yeah I don't even remember anything like that. Not liking what he said, resigning ourselves to thinking he doesn't want to come here because of it, and us not wanting to come here are all different things.

I thought I remember people on here saying he was being disrespectful to some former Bulls and the ownership etc. and they'd much rather LBJ and Bosh to sign instead of Wade.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:40 AM)
I kind of get the feeling that Wade is just messin with the Bulls. I don't think he will actually leave Miami. Hope I am wrong....

I've seen people say this or he's "playing" the Bulls, but what do you guys mean by that? Again, it's the NBA with a salary cap, everybody knows what money they're going to get from whatever team they go to and for Wade, if he really wants to stay in Miami it's not helping his situation to get other FAs there by what he is doing.

I truly think what happened was he thought Miami was going to be destination #1 for FAs and they'd have their choice, with Amare apparently opting for the NYK, and Wojornowski (sp?) from Yahoo saying on B & B yesterday it doesn't look like LBJ will go to Miami, he realized that wasn't the case and looked at Miami's roster without another big FA and got some cold feet and was exploring options. The Bulls have a management team that have dealt with some of the biggest egos in the history of the NBA, I think they know all the possible scenarios.

Also, these guys, meaning the players, have huge egos and like the attention.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:11 AM)
I've seen people say this or he's "playing" the Bulls, but what do you guys mean by that? Again, it's the NBA with a salary cap, everybody knows what money they're going to get from whatever team they go to and for Wade, if he really wants to stay in Miami it's not helping his situation to get other FAs there by what he is doing.

I truly think what happened was he thought Miami was going to be destination #1 for FAs and they'd have their choice, with Amare apparently opting for the NYK, and Wojornowski (sp?) from Yahoo saying on B & B yesterday it doesn't look like LBJ will go to Miami, he realized that wasn't the case and looked at Miami's roster without another big FA and got some cold feet and was exploring options. The Bulls have a management team that have dealt with some of the biggest egos in the history of the NBA, I think they know all the possible scenarios.

Also, these guys, meaning the players, have huge egos and like the attention.

Maybe messin with them is the wrong way to put it. I just get the feeling Wade isn't leaving Miami and is just using the Bulls to put pressure on Miami to move on another FA...not meaning LBJ or Bosh but it was stated he was fairly upset they didn't get Amare and this is why the 2nd meeting happened. To me it sounds more like he is telling Miami get someone or I might walk....

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Maybe messin with them is the wrong way to put it. I just get the feeling Wade isn't leaving Miami and is just using the Bulls to put pressure on Miami to move on another FA...not meaning LBJ or Bosh but it was stated he was fairly upset they didn't get Amare and this is why the 2nd meeting happened. To me it sounds more like he is telling Miami get someone or I might walk....

On the other hand... Wade is a pretty bright guy. I think he totally gets how unique this year and the options that may be available for him are... and that he owes it to himself to see what people will offer him.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
On the other hand... Wade is a pretty bright guy. I think he totally gets how unique this year and the options that may be available for him are... and that he owes it to himself to see what people will offer him.

Exactly right... he knows how to work this. I don't blame him at all for it. Its how the game goes.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
PDcavsinsider: There are hundreds of Cavs fans in downtown with team-provided signs lining street to meeting. Outside building fans chanting "Noah sucks"

found this to be interesting haha

Apparently they aren't just fans, some (many) are Cavs employees according to the Score guy in Cleveland.