NBA Offseason Thread

PDcavsinsider Like #Cavs, Bulls going semi casual, no ties but jackets. Pat Riley wouldn't stand for that even on a Saturday. Then again, LBJ in shorts.

half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Tom Thibodeau, Gar Forman, John Paxson & Jerry Reinsdorf in party. Didn't have presentation luggage with them.

If Wade wants to be with his children or that custody battle is entering into his mind it will make a difference that he chose employment in the state where his children reside.

A lot easier for a judge to award custody or greater visitation rights when the children are staying in the same place.

Hate to say that might be the deciding factor, but youd imagine its weighing on him some what.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Wow, a heat writer finally acknowledging his interest in the Bulls is real...

"At the end of the day, your decision goes on what's best for you and your family," he said. "I think that the organizations I've been brought in to meet with are all good organizations. And all can add something to my life, and not just basketball-wise.

"I understand that if myself and another guy and we have some good players around, we'll be good. To me it's about what makes forty years of my life and not just about the next ten."

That could tie Wade's decision to his family being based in Chicago, his hometown.

"This is the place where my vision of becoming an NBA player came true," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that part of the article makes me believe he's leaning towards chicago

Yeah, even if Wade doesn't come here, the idea that what he's doing is a smoke screen just doesn't hold water IMO. I'm kind of glad the LeBron stuff is going to be over soon. It just seems so incredibly unlikely he'll come here, and it'll be nice when the Bulls can move their focus to Bosh and Wade, who are much more realistic options.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Poor Chris Bosh...The chicks didn't ask him for his autograph. He looks a little disturbed by that.

Well, he looked like a raptor that was short on food. I don't blame the chicks. A lot of people know Wade, not many know Bosh. That's what you get for playing in Canada.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Either the Bulls or someone deeply invested in the success of the Bulls has more balls then I imagine. They gave Lebron a package at midnight and thet flat out challenged him to beat Jordan. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie

Absolutely LOVE IT if its true they sent that to LBJ!

Goff retweeted one of the Cavs beat writers saying the Cavs did a custom cartoon Family Guy style with Lebron's friends and inside jokes and Byron Scott talked about playing style... well, they probably want to also include how they are going to improve the roster.

If I were the Bulls, I would start the presentation with a Bulls montage of the glory years. Show the iconic championship moments and all with Jordan, Pip, Rodman, etc. Then show the opening montage before the Bulls games, but add James at the end as well. And then, end the video portion with the Bulls player introduction video, music and just end with from St. Vincent, St. Mary...