NBA Offseason Thread

Raptors sour on Bosh sign and trade -

Wherever Chris Bosh heads next, he'll likely have to do so on his own -- and at a slightly discounted rate.

The Toronto Raptors have become increasingly disenchanted with the idea of helping Bosh obtain a maximum contract via a sign-and-trade deal, according to a league source.

Because of the higher annual raises and additional year a "home" team can offer its own player, Bosh could make $125.5 million over six years if he re-signed with the Raptors and they moved him elsewhere; he could make $96.1 million over five years by signing outright with another team.

The difference in the first five years of the deal would amount to $4 million.

The Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks are believed to have submitted trade proposals for Bosh to the Raptors, and apparently none has impressed Toronto.

Bosh's Twitterization of the courting process, which included several tweets of anticipation leading up to the July 1 commencement of free agency, didn't sit well with the Raptors either, the source said.

Bosh met with the Rockets and Raptors at the onset of the free agent market and over the past two days met with the Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls at the Chicago office of his agent, Henry Thomas.

The philosophical change on the Raptors' part restricts Bosh's choices to the teams with sufficient salary cap space to offer a max contract: the Bulls, Clippers, Heat, Knicks and Nets.

It also hampers teams who hoped to acquire Bosh via trade while preserving their cap space to use on another player or players.

According to the source, Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are still intrigued by the possibility of all playing together, be it in Miami, Chicago or elsewhere.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
They didn't look overly happy in those pictures....I assume those are b4 the meeting...

Meeting is still happening so those were before when they were locked out I'd assume.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
While the brass didn't look super happy,, they didn't look like their dreams were crushed either.

Hell, Gar (I think it's him) is on the phone. JR just seems miffed at the cameras.

the meeting is still ongoing that was b4 the meeting

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
I find myself refreshing this page every 10 seconds hoping there is good news... I feel like the avatar you guys have now lol.

I am feeling/doing the same as well.