NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Pippen couldn't get someone to cover his shift busing tables at olive garden. . . his shift manager is a real stickler.

:lolhitting I heard he was in bad shape...you'd think with as bad of a tipper as he was rumored to be he would have kept a lot of his money....

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
The brass. Thibs looks like he means business.

Nice suits, it has the business/casual feel. I'm sure someone familiar with interviews, body language and the such put their time into selecting an outfit.

Also, I love that we didn't have any presentation material. It makes it more personal and sincere just speaking from the whim.

Not that any of this matters (I doubt any one presentation swayed him), but at worst we don't ruin our chances.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
The fact that LeBron didn't make a statement to the fans like people said he was earlier today has to bode well for the Bulls (and the other teams I suppose minus Cleveland).

I thought the same thing.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
The fact that LeBron didn't make a statement to the fans like people said he was earlier today has to bode well for the Bulls (and the other teams I suppose minus Cleveland).

He was going to make a statement? I hadnt heard that

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)

they misread chicagobreaking sports....noone ever came out saying he was going to speak with the fans that i kno of

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
they misread chicagobreaking sports....noone ever came out saying he was going to speak with the fans that i kno of

Yah, I think G&T was the first one to clarify this, I think he was dead on. I never saw anything from any other source about LBJ making a statement to the fans today.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Berman pegged the crowd at around 150 people. If that's true then that's an awful turn out.

All I know is. . . if he was a Bull thinking about leaving Chicago, our "keep LeBron" contingent would exceed 150 people. Add a few 00's to that 150 number and you're about right.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
@NYPost_Berman - As Amare' lands in NY a few minutes ago for Mnday's meeting, LeBron drives off in silver Audi, past 200 screaming fans. Not even a wave.

gotta add @ChristopherHine to your list. He was on site today. had the best Chicago updates.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I did about 20 minutes ago

Nice, thanks! I have bookmarked and followed your twitter list since you first posted it. Has been awesome and my main source of FA news this past few days.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Nice, thanks! I have bookmarked and followed your twitter list since you first posted it. Has been awesome and my main source of FA news this past few days.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I originally created it for myself so I could aggregate all the stuff I want to see in one place. Then I thought: "There's a lot of people who will find this useful."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Bosh really isn't looking good in all of this

PDcavsinsider

NBA execs I've talked to confirm Raptors started souring on sign-and-trade for Bosh on Friday. Bosh has not been communicating with TOR. 3 minutes ago via web

PDcavsinsider

No sign-and-trade would cost Bosh millions, limit options. But 1 exec said it wasn't dead, Raps just turned off at moment by Bosh behavior. 1 minute ago via web

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Bosh really isn't looking good in all of this

PDcavsinsider

NBA execs I've talked to confirm Raptors started souring on sign-and-trade for Bosh on Friday. Bosh has not been communicating with TOR. 3 minutes ago via web

PDcavsinsider

No sign-and-trade would cost Bosh millions, limit options. But 1 exec said it wasn't dead, Raps just turned off at moment by Bosh behavior. 1 minute ago via web

That is exactly what I want to happen...I think that would allow us to sign Bosh and LeBron without Bosh making more money than LeBron. You just have to figure out someplace to deal Deng to clear a few million in cap space.

Has there been anything else about the rumored deal to the Jazz for Okur? Or to Sacramento possibly? The Spurs?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
That is exactly what I want to happen...I think that would allow us to sign Bosh and LeBron without Bosh making more money than LeBron. You just have to figure out someplace to deal Deng to clear a few million in cap space.

Has there been anything else about the rumored deal to the Jazz for Okur? Or to Sacramento possibly? The Spurs?

Woj was on the score confirming that there was a deal in place for Deng. He wasn't sure who.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
Do Bulls fans really want Wade over LeBron? The meatheads on the score today have been wanting Wade over LeBron.

I can't believe that more people in Chicago want Wade over LeBron, no matter where he grew up.

That is ridiculous and it shouldn't even be close. I'll take Wade if we don't get Lebron, obviously, but people can't be serious.