NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
That is ridiculous and it shouldn't even be close. I'll take Wade if we don't get Lebron, obviously, but people can't be serious.

Yeah Wade would definitely be a nice consolation prize, but I'll take the best player in the game ENTERING his prime please, thanks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
That is ridiculous and it shouldn't even be close. I'll take Wade if we don't get Lebron, obviously, but people can't be serious.

The sad thing is that I think that they are being serious. . . they are just meatball "hey he doesn't respect the game" fans and don't care about his talent.

I hope Dan Bernstein isn't listening today. . . he might be throwing things around.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
The sad thing is that I think that they are being serious. . . they are just meatball "hey he doesn't respect the game" fans and don't care about his talent.

I hope Dan Bernstein isn't listening today. . . he might be throwing things around.

I've learned to tune them out or change the channel. It's the same type of people who say we cant bring in LeBron because it'll hurt Rose's development.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
I've learned to tune them out or change the channel. It's the same type of people who say we cant bring in LeBron because it'll hurt Rose's development.

Or that the ghost of MJ is too overwhelming for any superstar FA from now until the end of time.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Yah, I think G&T was the first one to clarify this, I think he was dead on. I never saw anything from any other source about LBJ making a statement to the fans today.

:wub:

In addition to presentations from Scott and Grant about their plans, sources said the Cavs showed James a cartoon featuring him and his friends as characters. It was made in a Family Guy style, which is one of James' favorite shows, that featured some inside jokes related to the team. The team is believed to have been working on the cartoon for around six months.

douche chills.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
There was some bonehead trying to say Rose is a better basketball player than Lebron.... they cut him off thankfully

I typically think NFL fans are the dumbest, but over the last few weeks I've been proven wrong. Definitrly the NBA.

Cavs spent six months working on a 10 minute cartoon for LBJ. Supposedly the Cavs know that he likes "inside jokes, and stupid jokes." If LeBron is convinced by that then I'm not sure what to think . . . other than he may be a moron.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Cavs spent six months working on a 10 minute cartoon for LBJ. Supposedly the Cavs know that he likes "inside jokes, and stupid jokes." If LeBron is convinced by that then I'm not sure what to think . . . other than he may be a moron.

Meh that's just rapport-building, nothing more. Granted, this is going to the extreme, but the principle is no different.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Meh that's just rapport-building, nothing more. Granted, this is going to the extreme, but the principle is no different.

I understand, but they (reportedly) focused the presentation on this cartoon and how they "know" him. I think that pitch was a calculated mistake because I'm sure LeBron doesn't have a problem with the organization or Cleveland. The problem is that the team has not been able to win a title and it doesn't look they will be able to with their current roster. I think they should've focused more on how they plan on building him a competitive team and less about how he and his boys love inside jokes.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
I understand, but they (reportedly) focused the presentation on this cartoon and how they "know" him. I think that pitch was a calculated mistake because I'm sure LeBron doesn't have a problem with the organization or Cleveland. The problem is that the team has not been able to win a title and it doesn't look they will be able to with their current roster. I think they should've focused more on how they plan on building him a competitive team and less about how he and his boys love inside jokes.

They met for an hour. The cartoon was 10 minutes. CLE also been able to talk to LeBron for months. This meeting was meaningless for the Cavs in comparison of what it was for the other teams.

It might be possible to people are clinging to the idea of getting Wade over LeBron because it sounded like we were on the verge of getting Bosh and Wade last night and people got excited. There is still the chance of us getting nobody so some people might be happy with landing two of the big three FA's before they can get away. I dont see how anyone can honestly think its better to get Wade if we had our choice of him and LeBron though.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
jgoff670: Sources are telling me Wade-Bosh package imminent in Chicago.

lets just get it done!

Meaning no Lebron? IDK how to feel about that. I really want LBJ, badly. I am a passionate man.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
Meaning no Lebron? IDK how to feel about that. I really want LBJ, badly. I am a passionate man.

If we can get Wade and Bosh and LeBron won't commit, then he can kiss our ass and enjoy remaining ringless in Cleveland as far as I'm concerned. LeBron is the better player, but you can't afford to turn down a 15 million dollar lotto ticket because you think you might win the 25 million dollar one.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
If we can get Wade and Bosh and LeBron won't commit, then he can kiss our ass and enjoy remaining ringless in Cleveland as far as I'm concerned. LeBron is the better player, but you can't afford to turn down a 15 million dollar lotto ticket because you think you might win the 25 million dollar one.

I agree. Lebron is obviously the main prize here but getting Wade-Bosh is pretty f***in good in it's own right and still makes you the Championship favorite right off the bat imo.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
i honestly think we fare better with wade/bosh over just lebron

Wed have more money to spend with Lebron, and we wouldnt lose Deng so you'd have to factor that in too. But if Wade and Bosh want to commit you absolutely say yes and forget about Lebron.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Wed have more money to spend with Lebron, and we wouldnt lose Deng so you'd have to factor that in too. But if Wade and Bosh want to commit you absolutely say yes and forget about Lebron.

i dont see this as a negative. i want deng gone

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)

i consider deng being gone as a plus.... we are what 4 mill short of 2 max contracts....we deal deng get bosh in a sign and trade...what does this leave us with cap wise?