NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Agreed. I realize LBJ didn't make it to the Finals, but his team is two straights years the best in the East so it isn't like he'd be going back to some s*** team. Wade, well, quite frankly, that would be a pretty mediocre team for another couple years if he didn't land another superstar so I think Wade needs more help.

Wade's older then lebron as well so he cannot sit around and wait for his team to get better as much as LBJ can.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Agreed. I realize LBJ didn't make it to the Finals, but his team is two straights years the best in the East so it isn't like he'd be going back to some s*** team. Wade, well, quite frankly, that would be a pretty mediocre team for another couple years if he didn't land another superstar so I think Wade needs more help.

They're an aging team with no money (if they keep LBJ) that has proven to be fatally flawed in the playoffs because they simply don't have the weapons around LBJ to beat elite teams playing playoff level defense. It's not a bad situation, but it's certainly not a great one either.

I think it's time to cut bait on Bosh and just push for Wade and James. Bucher is insisting Toronto will agree to a sign and trade and that just doesn't work for us unless we are willing to accept Bosh and a second-tier guy.

I do understand the need to move quickly with them though because they do risk getting shut out that way.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
Not sure how that happens since it seems like Boozer likes the idea of Chicago. Plus, Boozer joining the Bulls with the Bulls having space for Anthony would be more intriguing than Boozer and Wade by themselves I'd think. Albeit the Heat would still have some room.

Boozer lives in Miami, and the idea of playing there with Wade would be just as appealing (if not more appealing) as playing in Chicago.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
They're an aging team with no money (if they keep LBJ) that has proven to be fatally flawed in the playoffs because they simply don't have the weapons around LBJ to beat elite teams playing playoff level defense. It's not a bad situation, but it's certainly not a great one either.

Yeah, but a single intelligent addition the last couple of years or a lucky injury and they'd still have had a real good shot at the title even with that craptackular roster.

I'd much rather the Bulls push for Wade and Lebron and forget about Bosh... through this whole thing Bosh has been nothing short of an annoying Dbag. Not to mention the other 2 are much better as well.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Boozer lives in Miami, and the idea of playing there with Wade would be just as appealing (if not more appealing) as playing in Chicago.

Yeah, but Boozer and Wade have a skeleton roster in Miami, compared to Rose and Noah here. Big difference.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Yeah, but Boozer and Wade have a skeleton roster in Miami, compared to Rose and Noah here. Big difference.

No doubt, but the idea of Boozer going to Miami isn't as ridiculous as it was made out to be.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
No doubt, but the idea of Boozer going to Miami isn't as ridiculous as it was made out to be.

It's definitely not. It's still very realistic the Bulls end up empty handed and screwed for the next several years. Which is scary.

After all these fa's sign the bulls may be the only ones with cap space to trade for him, depending on how who other teams were giving up. You never know what will happen, but the Bulls could make a play for carmelo, the Nets can probably outbid them but not a team like the Knicks.

RicBucher

And, no, I'm not saying he's staying in Cle, though I've thought that all along. But the general sentiment out there now is that he is.

RicBucher

Chi's hardball didn't cost them LeBron. Most teams have doubted he was leaving for a while now. Chi took bull by horns. So to speak.

So he's staying in cle . . . but not for sure, but if he does remember that I said that he was going to all along. Motherbucher.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
If the bulls miss out you try and trade for Melo.

Not the worst case scenario but you have to make ti happen

For what? Deng and Taj? Not a chance that works. You can't fall back on Melo, he's even more uncertain than LBJ/Wade/Bosh

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
So he's staying in cle . . . but not for sure, but if he does remember that I said that he was going to all along. Motherbucher.

Yeah, he's getting all kinds of replies back like "Wtf are you trying to say" and he is trying to make it sound like he has some sort of information when he clearly does not.

"The Bulls didn't get hurt by pressing LeBron, but I am not saying he's going back to Cleveland, but I did say that before, but oh, s***, what does it all mean?"

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)

hahaha

Rich Bucher has absolutely no idea what is going on and should be ignored.