NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
Yeah you'd be firmly entrenched in NBA hell. Picking about 20th every year and losing in the first, maybe second round.

NBA hell is the bottom of the lottery/7th or 8th seed material. I think that lineup would be better than that, and they might give some really good team fits in the playoffs, but they'd never make it to the Finals.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:04 PM)
can't post in this thread as much as I have today and not have this avatar.

haha...i tried using it as mine but it wouldnt upload for some reason so i had to go with the southpark character bcuz that is what i feel like the last two days or so

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
So what bucher was saying that the bulls went to lebron today and lied to him about having Wade and demanded him to sign right there.

Ya somehow I doubt that happened.

lol that's an exaggeration at best. I mean I'm sure they tried to play up the "Wade is strongly considering coming here" angle but lying outright? Yeah not so much

That said, there was all this talk of "LeBron won't go to Miami with Wade, they can't play together" and there is a little bit of cognitive dissonance going on

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
NBA hell is the bottom of the lottery/7th or 8th seed material. I think that lineup would be better than that, and they might give some really good team fits in the playoffs, but they'd never make it to the Finals.

To me, NBA hell is any team that's in the playoffs every year, but has no realistic shot at winning it all. You aren't bad, but you're stuck not winning it all and can't really do anything about it. And the Bulls would be right there in that scenario.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
So what bucher was saying that the bulls went to lebron today and lied to him about having Wade and demanded him to sign right there.

Ya somehow I doubt that happened.

My guess is Wade said he would commit if they could get LeBron to commit.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
RicBucher: If Wade isn't staying in Mia, someone needs to explain why. He bangs the drum for weeks for Pat, now he's going to Chi/NY? Makes 0 sense.

1 minute ago via web

BECAUSE HE HAS NOBODY ELSE TO PLAY WITH!!!

Bucher must have a thick skull.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
RicBucher: If Wade isn't staying in Mia, someone needs to explain why. He bangs the drum for weeks for Pat, now he's going to Chi/NY? Makes 0 sense.

1 minute ago via web

Kinda self-explanatory isn't it? He tried to have his cake and eat it too, he saw there was a pretty good chance it might not work out with him getting what he wanted, and explored other options in case that fell through and he got stuck on a s***ty team in Miami all by himself.

Edited by lostfan