NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Bucher is from Cincinnati. I think it's likely he grew up as a Bulls-hating Cav's fan.

That would explain things.

if thats the case then it's ignorance at it's best

i personally like flying in under the radar....it seems to work for the sox....hopefully it will strike for the bulls as well

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
So once again, a lot of smoke and no fire today? How did the Bulls meeting with Lebron go? Whats the latest on Wade, Bosh and Boozer???

No one has any clue.

Bucher saying Bosh in a sign and trade to Houston.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Bucher is from Cincinnati. I think it's likely he grew up as a Bulls-hating Cav's fan.

That would explain things.

There is plenty of attention to be gotten by just saying stupid stuff. All you have to do is look at the Sun Times to understand that is true.

Ric Bucher's tweets tonight were absolutely awful, he seemed to be talking out of his ass for attention and taking a shot in the dark in the case he's right. If he is he looks brilliant, if not he chalks it up to this all being so unpredictable. Not letting anything he said get me down about this, doesn't mean much in my mind.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
Ric Bucher's tweets tonight were absolutely awful, he seemed to be talking out of his ass for attention and taking a shot in the dark in the case he's right. If he is he looks brilliant, if not he chalks it up to this all being so unpredictable. Not letting anything he said get me down about this, doesn't mean much in my mind.

Absolutely right. Bucher is a turd. He is pulling.a Stephen a smith and try to grab some attention. Motherbucher

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
Because you might be able to play with Lebron in Chicago and win a bunch of rings.

looks like its a done deal

WojYahooNBA

Johnson's been focused on completing Atlanta deal and sides have been working out various terms. Bulls and Knicks have long since moved on.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 04:38 AM)

Listen, I laugh when in a forum people act like sport reporters have ethics. they aren't covering a war, self promotion is all it ever will be.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
I thought Amare to NY was already pretty much a done deal?

Pretty much is IMO.

Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.

"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."

He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.

"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Though he isn't "fully committed yet"

Amar'e Stoudemire isn't fully committed to signing with the Knicks after all.

Stoudemire is scheduled to meet with New York on Monday, but will meet with the Nets and Bulls on Tuesday, according to sources.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
RicBucher:

But if and when LeBron does re-up in Cle, know that it'll be w/3-yr out. We'll be doing all this again in 2013 + Nets could be formidable.

Oh Joy...Another Lebron-a-palooza in 3 years.

The Cavs have already complained about not being able to sign big free agents because they were uncertain where LeBron would be after his last 3 year deal. If he wants another 3 year deal then he is going to screw the team out of FAs that want longer deals. On top of that, with that Cavs roster, I don't know what he is going accomplish in 3 years especially is there is a lockout in the middle. AND if there is a change in the CBA he most assuredly receive less money on his next contract. Why would he take that risk?

No, that makes no sense to me.

Edited by G&T

Hmmm;

When (Amare') Stoudemire becomes official, it would end the five-year era of David Lee, but set up a possibility of a sign-and-trade to add another piece. There's been rumors of a three-way trade talk between Golden State, Minnesota and the Knicks where Lee winds up with the Timberwolves, Monta Ellis comes to the Knicks and Al Jefferson goes to Golden State. Lee visited Minnesota yesterday and it has only $7 million in cap room, meaning he'd want a sign-and-trade.

I suppose Ellis fits D'Antoni mould of a SG, but I like that deal for Minny.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
I suppose Ellis fits D'Antoni mould of a SG, but I like that deal for Minny.

I don't quite get why we'd swap Jefferson for Lee. He's not going to be able to play with Kevin Love, and I really don't think he's an upgrade on Jefferson as is. Last year was the first year back from a major injury for Al, and he was still a very effective player. I don't see why he wouldn't get back to his previous levels, which were superior to Lee. Add in that he's two years younger, and I really don't get it.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
I don't quite get why we'd swap Jefferson for Lee. He's not going to be able to play with Kevin Love, and I really don't think he's an upgrade on Jefferson as is. Last year was the first year back from a major injury for Al, and he was still a very effective player. I don't see why he wouldn't get back to his previous levels, which were superior to Lee. Add in that he's two years younger, and I really don't get it.

Well I don't know if Jefferson can get back to averaging 23 PPG with Minny, simply because he was taking 14 shots per game this season compared to around 19 in the past.

I think they want a more quicker / agile PF to pair with Darko / Petkovic, and that they see Love as more of a 6th man going forward.

O.J Mayo would look good for the T-Wolves though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Well I don't know if Jefferson can get back to averaging 23 PPG with Minny, simply because he was taking 14 shots per game this season compared to around 19 in the past.

I think they want a more quicker / agile PF to pair with Darko / Petkovic, and that they see Love as more of a 6th man going forward.

I suppose that's true. I just don't see Lee being the answers to any questions, and I really don't think we need another big man that can't hold his own defensively, especially since Lee is one of the worst in the NBA.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
O.J Mayo would look good for the T-Wolves though.

I still don't really mind that trade. Mayo definitely has a higher ceiling, but I'm a fan of Love and like how he fits on our team. But yeah, Mayo would look good for us :P

Edited by Felix