NBA Offseason Thread

This whole circus is the most annoying thing I have ever seen in my life. These guys need to make up their frickin minds already and stop the media craziness. They are know where they are going to be (IMO) they are just attention-starving media whores who can't get enough of the limelight. And sadly, I am following every gosh darn tweet about them.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
This whole circus is the most annoying thing I have ever seen in my life. These guys need to make up their frickin minds already and stop the media craziness. They are know where they are going to be (IMO) they are just attention-starving media whores who can't get enough of the limelight. And sadly, I am following every gosh darn tweet about them.

Both the players and teams are waiting on LeBron, and his decision is the toughest of them all. I doubt there are many formal offers on the table to take.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
IMO, bosh and wade deals to the bulls havent been announced yet b/c bulls have cap issues that need resolved first

i dont think the bulls are as close to landing bosh as some people may think.....i see us landing wade if we are lucky and that's about it out of the big 3

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
i dont think the bulls are as close to landing bosh as some people may think.....i see us landing wade if we are lucky and that's about it out of the big 3

Really? Bosh wants the spotlight. He wants to become a superstar. He's made it very apparent that he wants as much attention as he can get. He wants the marketing opportunities. I think he knows Miami or NJ isn't the place for this. Personally, I think this is why Wade has so much sudden interest in CHI. But we all have our theories!

Yeah, you have ZERO shot at being the main guy in the New York area on the Nets unless you lead them to a championship victory (or are LeBron James). Even Jason Kidd didn't get a great deal of attention there in leading them to the finals twice in a row, they had playoff games that didn't sell out both of those years.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
Yeah, you have ZERO shot at being the main guy in the New York area on the Nets unless you lead them to a championship victory (or are LeBron James). Even Jason Kidd didn't get a great deal of attention there in leading them to the finals twice in a row, they had playoff games that didn't sell out both of those years.

Even if they are the Brooklyn Ballers?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
Even if they are the Brooklyn Ballers?

That would help, but they aren't going to be for a few years. I don't even think moving to Brooklyn could move the Nets past the Knicks though, although I'm sure that's the plan they tried to sell LeBron on, along with endorsements he could make.

And yeah, in response to iamshack, I honestly don't know if anybody has a clue what LeBron is thinking. Even with the WWW stuff, you'd THINK that means he's staying in Cleveland, but it's just hard to read into anything LBJ does. Which is precisely why you take Wade and Bosh if you have the chance and don't wait on LeBron, it's just too dangerous to do if there is another viable option.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I've been looking at some advanced basketball metrics...and to my surprise, Carlos Boozer is probably the second best big man out of the big 4 when he is healthy.

2010 Wins Produced/WARP

Bosh: 13.5/14

Boozer: 11.3/11.7

Stoudemire: 11.3/10.8

Lee: 6.2/13.2

From this, it seems like Lee's numbers don't exactly match up. WARP and wins produced are two different things, but usually, they do correlate. Anyways, I would doubt that David Lee is almost as good as Chris Bosh.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
That would help, but they aren't going to be for a few years. I don't even think moving to Brooklyn could move the Nets past the Knicks though, although I'm sure that's the plan they tried to sell LeBron on, along with endorsements he could make.

I never thought that they'd move past the Knicks in popularity. The Nets just have a better chance to be more successful fan-wise than them, if they win when they move to Brooklyn. Kind of like how the Jets and Mets fans come out when they win.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I don't want Sabermetrics in my other sports. :P

I'll let you guys stick with it for baseball, but that is it.

The problem with basketball metrics is that they're nowhere near as accurate as the baseball ones, and with all the people who already doubt baseball sabermetrics, they should probably laugh at the basketball ones.

Still, I posted that as something interesting to consider, not something to believe.