NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
How do you get kicked out of someones inner circle? Its not like that's something that has a membership card.

Spoken like someone that's never had that membership card.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
Of course, that came from Bucher.

I'm not sure what he is reporting is entirely correct. What he is saying may be factually correct from the standpoint that WWW is not attending these meetings between James and the interested teams. However, that doesn't mean he is not speaking with Lebron or other members of his party. Seems like Ric is simply taking the idea that WWW is not at the meetings to mean he is out. He may be correct, but it seems as if just because the constant rumors reportedly leaked by Wes have stopped, does not mean he isn't still talking to James and giving him instructions. Time will tell the story.

New Woj Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnNk...reeagency070410

Basic gist of what he says is that Wes has been shoved out of the decision making process, seems like Lebron is going to make the call on his own. Woj seems to think he is leaning towards staying in Cleveland, especially if all of his Cleveland gladhanding buddies get to stay "local celebs". This whole situation feels like a real handjob if you will pardon the expression, Bulls should turn towards Boozer or Bosh then Wade and just sign who wants to sign here now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
I've been looking at some advanced basketball metrics...and to my surprise, Carlos Boozer is probably the second best big man out of the big 4 when he is healthy.

2010 Wins Produced/WARP

Bosh: 13.5/14

Boozer: 11.3/11.7

Stoudemire: 11.3/10.8

Lee: 6.2/13.2

From this, it seems like Lee's numbers don't exactly match up. WARP and wins produced are two different things, but usually, they do correlate. Anyways, I would doubt that David Lee is almost as good as Chris Bosh.

Playing with Deron Williams will do that to your numbers, not that I don't like Boozer, just sayin.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Playing with Deron Williams will do that to your numbers, not that I don't like Boozer, just sayin.

It's not a huge downgrade when he comes here and plays with Rose.

Deron is on another level, but the downgrade isn't gigantic.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Knicks meeting with lebron again tonight

Apparently, they want to make a new pitch now since they have Amare.

Honestly, Amare is almost equal to David Lee, except he's older and could have some big health issues.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Woj 's sources saying knicks still trailing cle, chi, nj even with 3rd meeting

After their horrible sales pitch, they don't even deserve to be in 4th.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
It's not a huge downgrade when he comes here and plays with Rose.

Deron is on another level, but the downgrade isn't gigantic.

I'm not sure playing with a European C like Okur helped Boozer either. Probably caused some matchup problems for Boozer having to deal with the opponent's best low post defender. I really like Boozer's game personally and think he's a perfect fit with Rose and Noah. Injuries are my main concern. If all else fails, and we can get Boozer on a 4 year deal I'd love it. Would also give us a valuable expiring contract the year LeBron opts out of his would-be new CLE contract (not that should dictate our moves this off season)...

"You go through a whole season, even the last two seasons, and feel incomplete in a way, no matter what kind of success you have, because you don't have the most important thing to you with you," Wade told AP two weeks ago. "My boys. To be able to have this relationship with them as I have since this summer, it's been probably the best feeling I've had since winning the championship. I don't think people really understand that."

Quote from wade last week, before FA started

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 09:45 PM)
I'm not sure playing with a European C like Okur helped Boozer either. Probably caused some matchup problems for Boozer having to deal with the opponent's best low post defender.

OTOH, Boozer was the Jazz's worst low post defender.

Not many of the teams involved in the free agent process have shown their hands, except to speak in generalities. Jackson also writes:

Of the six teams involved in the process, the Bulls were the only one to offer no comment whatsoever. They've been tight-lipped throughout the first three days of the negotiating period, but a source close to the situation said members of management have been pleased with all the get-togethers they've had.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...es_links_3.html