NBA Offseason Thread

ESPN's bottom ticker showing a quote from Wade about how his family is the biggest reason for whatever decision he makes. If I didn't know better, he's going to agree to come to Chicago and that will be the main reason he uses to tell the Heat fans.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)
ESPN's bottom ticker showing a quote from Wade about how his family is the biggest reason for whatever decision he makes. If I didn't know better, he's going to agree to come to Chicago and that will be the main reason he uses to tell the Heat fans.

We could only hope. At this point, I'd be ecstatic with any one of the top 3, and anything on top of that would be awesome. FWIW, I read earlier (sorry, can't remember where) but Wade and Bosh have had dinner together like 3 times this week here in Chicago. Who knows what that means.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 05:47 AM)
We could only hope. At this point, I'd be ecstatic with any one of the top 3, and anything on top of that would be awesome. FWIW, I read earlier (sorry, can't remember where) but Wade and Bosh have had dinner together like 3 times this week here in Chicago. Who knows what that means.

chicagosports has the dinner article

Its pretty amazing how crazy of a roller coaster this past week has been. From "Lebron to Chicago is a done deal" to "Lebron, Bosh and Wade all in Miami" to "Bulls may strike out" to all the multiple/secretive visits. It's safe to say that these free agents have captivated just about all NBA fans, and most certainly all the fans of the Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Heat, Cavs, etc.

With all the important visits completed, it's all wait and see. We'll see where these players priorities are. For Lebron, we'll know whether its about winning, about money, or about his home. For Wade, we'll know if its about loyalty to his team or to his family. For Bosh, we know he wants the top dollar, but does he really want to be the man somewhere or will he join Lebron or Wade somewhere. And then you have to sift out the other guys like Amare, Boozer and Lee.

It'll be an interesting week. I just hope the Bulls come out on top.

# IraHeatBeat More from Heat Twitter: "Signature Air, 5700 NW 36th St and tell ur friends. THE TIME IS NOW HEAT FANS! RT!" 13 minutes ago via web

# IraHeatBeat From Heat Twitter site: "THIS JUST IN! Wade is arriving in MIA @ 8am tmrw (monday). We need u there" 18 minutes ago via web

Don't know if this was posted or not, but this is amazing and BOLD as s***. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,253378

And just to ramble a bit more on whats going on, it really seems that things are looking promising for the Bulls. Not a peep out of Lebron during this whole thing. Not a peep out of the Bulls front office. All this about Wade wanting to be in the best situation for his family in Chicago. Lebron waiting to make his announcement until AFTER his camp.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Don't know if this was posted or not, but this is amazing and BOLD as s***. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,253378

And just to ramble a bit more on whats going on, it really seems that things are looking promising for the Bulls. Not a peep out of Lebron during this whole thing. Not a peep out of the Bulls front office. All this about Wade wanting to be in the best situation for his family in Chicago. Lebron waiting to make his announcement until AFTER his camp.

That's beyond bold and rather creative. They get an A++++++ for effort there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)

I hear you. I couldn't possibly be more pessimistic about LeBron right now, but I feel reasonably good about Wade. I just hope we get somebody at this point though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
I hear you. I couldn't possibly be more pessimistic about LeBron right now, but I feel reasonably good about Wade. I just hope we get somebody at this point though.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think its down to CLE, CHI, and NJ for Lebron. I really don't see him going to NY, and if he did, I'd have a lot less respect for him, not that it matters.

In my eyes, the main thing is that I don't see why he'd wait until after his kids basketball camp to make his decision if he was staying in Cleveland.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)

Welcome to 36 hours ago :P.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think its down to CLE, CHI, and NJ for Lebron. I really don't see him going to NY, and if he did, I'd have a lot less respect for him, not that it matters.

I don't think you should think. It's been down to those three (and many would say us or Cleveland) for a while now, especially considering according to reports, New York blew their interview. Miami and the Clippers have better shots than New York IMO.

According to the Daily Herald's Mike McGraw the Bulls were unwilling to offer Lebron's management and assortment of leeches the same privileges as allowed in Cleveland. This bit of news, for me, was enough to sway my opinion of our position with Lebron. It had been teetering on the edge, but this was that final push. I cannot imagine him leaving Cleveland unless he's completely comfortable; both on and off the court. Even though I do not know all the perks his management and friends had, I'm sure it involved their constant presence around him. We may fit his view of the type of roster he'd prefer to play for, but if he feels that being surrounded by his people helps him deal with fame, basketball, whatever, it may be the excuse needed to eliminate us.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:17 AM)
According to the Daily Herald's Mike McGraw the Bulls were unwilling to offer Lebron's management and assortment of leeches the same privileges as allowed in Cleveland. This bit of news, for me, was enough to sway my opinion of our position with Lebron. It had been teetering on the edge, but this was that final push. I cannot imagine him leaving Cleveland unless he's completely comfortable; both on and off the court. Even though I do not know all the perks his management and friends had, I'm sure it involved their constant presence around him. We may fit his view of the type of roster he'd prefer to play for, but if he feels that being surrounded by his people helps him deal with fame, basketball, whatever, it may be the excuse needed to eliminate us.

If Lebron needs the Sammy Sosa/Barry Bonds locker room entourage to get through a game, then you're not going to want him nearly as much, because you're getting a guy who's primed to make the same mess in your city that he made in Cleveland...demanding stupid trades, controlling your coaching staff/front office, forcing your coach and roster to play the type of system he wants rather than what would be the most effective.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:20 AM)
is it me or is IraHeatBeat a fanboy more than a beat writer? I cannot imagine KC Johnson saying some of the things the IraHeatBeat has been saying

We keep saying that there's a difference between the Chicago/LA/NY markets and everywhere else.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:17 AM)
According to the Daily Herald's Mike McGraw the Bulls were unwilling to offer Lebron's management ancients and assortment of leeches the same privileges as allowed in Cleveland. This bit of news, for me, was enough to sway my opinion of our position with Lebron. It had been teetering on the edge, but this was that final push. I cannot imagine him leaving Cleveland unless he's completely comfortable; both on and off the court. Even though I do not know all the perks his management and friends had, I'm sure it involved their constant presence around him. We may fit his view of the type of roster he'd prefer to play for, but if he feels that being surrounded by his people helps him deal with fame, basketball, whatever, it may be the excuse needed to eliminate us.

This is big news if true. B&B talked about you have give lebron his entourage and run of the place. I disagree. Jordan and Kobe never needed this. If that's what he wants then I can't say he cares about winning. It's not like he can go to Miami with wade and they are going to allow that.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
This is big news if true. B&B talked about you have give lebron his entourage and run of the place. I disagree. Jordan and Kobe never needed this. If that's what he wants then I can't say he cares about winning. It's not like he can go to Miami with Riley and they are going to allow that.

Fixed that for you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Fixed that for you.

Hopefully so. But is any big name player ever going to want to deal with lebron's entourage controlling the locker room? I doubt it and maybe that's why Wade isn't making any effort to play with him.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
Hopefully so. But is any big name player ever going to want to deal with lebron's entourage controlling the locker room? I doubt it and maybe that's why Wade isn't making any effort to play with him.

I was in the Bulls locker room during the glory days, and I can tell you, there were all kinds of characters in there. I think Jordan was one of the guys who started some of this stuff, to be honest with you.

As for him not demanding trades and asking for players, why do you think Jerry Krause and Michael clashed so often?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
As for him not demanding trades and asking for players, why do you think Jerry Krause and Michael clashed so often?

And look what happened when we listened to the GM. We did deals like Charles Oakley traded for Bill Cartwright, clearing room for this 2nd year kid wearing these crazy glasses. And I think he even had a twin. You can't win a championship with a guy wearing those goggles like that Grant kid.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
And look what happened when we listened to the GM. We did deals like Charles Oakley traded for Bill Cartwright, clearing room for this 2nd year kid wearing these crazy glasses. And I think he even had a twin. You can't win a championship with a guy wearing those goggles like that Grant kid.

Oh I agree...I'm just pointing out that Michael often expected special treatment because of who he was, especially when he was young.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
I was in the Bulls locker room during the glory days, and I can tell you, there were all kinds of characters in there. I think Jordan was one of the guys who started some of this stuff, to be honest with you.

Did that start before or after he won a championship?

Edited by G&T